• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

molnizzle

389 with ghost at 384.

Think I'm gonna head to the forge before I finish decrypting my exotic engrams...

(also first gloves gave me Ophidian Aspect yaaas)

excowboy

Please help a guardian out! I'm just about upto 350 and looking for fine folks to do end game(ish) stuff with so please add me on PSN - excowboy83 (played vanilla on 360 up til TTK and just picked up a PS4 a couple of weeks ago so my friend list is lacking :)

Any details concerning changed mechanics during both Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the Aksis fight?

I got a 393 Artifact and a 393 Class Item after just four Archon's Forge Public Events.

Fuck the Nightfall this week. Not worth beating my head against that wall.
Tried it with a friend. Did not managed to pass the tank. Gave up after the 4th death.

Goes to heroic atrikes. Void burn. Gets valus on the 1st one (with taken) and on the 2nd one got Malok. Fuck my life. We died way too much

And this is prior to the patch

Ruze789

yMu9iEL.jpg

I like both.

Can't seem to find an image :(

It is pretty slick

chewydogg

I've just got the last step for OP quest. I need a Hunter and a Titan to help me finish.

Can anyone help for a few minutes?

PSN AdamKoy

So I bought Destiny at launch, played it for a couple of hours and never went back to it.

The other day I started playing again, and I feel like I wanna give it another shot.

I heard the Taken King expansion improves the game a lot- if I start a new character from scratch, will having TK change the game at all in the opening hours? Do the changes in Taken King affect the base game right away, or am I fine to play the base game until I complete all the content and THEN buy TK?

So I bought Destiny at launch, played it for a couple of hours and never went back to it.

The other day I started playing again, and I feel like I wanna give it another shot.

I heard the Taken King expansion improves the game a lot- if I start a new character from scratch, will having TK change the game at all in the opening hours? Do the changes in Taken King affect the base game right away, or am I fine to play the base game until I complete all the content and THEN buy TK?

Yes. The whole story has been turned into quests that provide more structure & story. New ghost voice & lots of new quests. I'm on mobile now, but it is worth diving in.

rezn0r

So I bought Destiny at launch,

It's not that you really get much of what TTK offered during the vanilla storyline, but you will fly through it so fast that if you're planning on playing further (which you should) it's not really a concern. If you don't buy it today you'll probably be buying it by Friday.

I haven't kept track of all the options out there, but you probably want to buy the collection that just came out, not single addons.

Please help a guardian out! I'm just about upto 350 and looking for fine folks to do end game(ish) stuff with so please add me on PSN - excowboy83 (played vanilla on 360 up til TTK and just picked up a PS4 a couple of weeks ago so my friend list is lacking :)

you can add me - rasengan1337
welcome to the ranks!

Yes. The whole story has been turned into quests that provide more structure & story. New ghost voice & lots of new quests. I'm on mobile now, but it is worth diving in.

Thanks! Pretty sure there's a new Ghost voice even without the expansion. Definitely not the bored sounding Dinklage I remember from 2 years ago

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I'm close to 391

Of the 100 Armor Legendary Engrams I had, 8 turned into Exotics!

Got 391 Ophidian Aspects too!

Didn't even use the 11 Exotic Gauntlets I have...

Highest piece is on Warlock @393, then Helmet @392
Everything else 390, except Artifact @385, will go to Archon's soon enough!

thabiz

So I'm close to 391

Of the 100 Armor Legendary Engrams I had, 8 turned into Exotics!

Got 391 Ophidian Aspects too!

Didn't even use the 11 Exotic Gauntlets I have...

Highest piece is on Warlock @393, then Helmet @392
Everything else 390, except Artifact @385, will go to Archon's soon enough!

I've run around 14 forge and haven't had a artifact drop. Lots of ghosts tho. Just hit 392.

GhaleonEB

They changed Destiny from the ground up, from leveling and loot systems, how the campaign is organized, how content opens up and more. It was a huge overhaul from TKK. I suggest getting the full collection and starting up from scratch. (I did this with a new character when Rise of Iron hit.)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can confirm that 400 ghosts and artifacts can drop in forge regardless of light level. 388 and a 400 ghost dropped.

Ghost stopping me from reaching 392 but that's good enough for now. Gonna tackle this Nightfall and then more Archon's Forge in search of a Ghost.

Still no details on Hard Mode Aksis?

Top Bottom