• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Mindlog

Hard Mode Raid Strat Encounter #2 Discussion.
With Voksis does it make sense to miss a bomb on purpose? If you miss 1 bomb you are going to have 4 extra bombs of damage on him right?

LiK

ROFL, pullee out my Messenger for Thorn quest and destroying with it. Guess I'll take out my Nirwen's for Trials this weekend. Feels good to use a Pulse in PVP again.

Edit: 3 matches and 51% already.

Feeling way better about RoI with the new LL patch. It was such a slog to get to 364 and getting to 370 seemed even worse, especially considering I don't have tons of time nor desire to grind anymore in Destiny. So it's nice to boot up and in 2 hours go from 364 to 374.

Ice9

Just got home and downloading the patch...am I seriously to believe that the patch alone is 31.468 GB?

Also, LL crunchers out there - what is the clearest path to maximal LL for a LL 368? I have a good amount of Legendary and Exotic Engrams as well as some factions rewards sitting at base...

ethomaz

Banned
Just got home and downloading the patch...am I seriously to believe that the patch alone is 31.468 GB?

Also, LL crunchers out there - what is the clearest path to maximal LL for a LL 368? I have a good amount of Legendary and Exotic Engrams as well as some factions rewards sitting at base...
300MB on PS4.

It is probably checking the over 30GB you already have of the game.

Fast way to reach 385 LL are legendary engrams and faction packages I guess.

For you HM clearers, which heavy did you prefer to take in for most of the fights? Dark drinker, gally, or sleeper stimulant?

Dark is great for normal since you can nearly 1 shot captains, but the streams I saw of HM it seems like going near the captain is certain death. I dunno if once everyone is closer to 400 it'll be just like normal, but for first clears it feels like sleeper or gally would be a better choice for vosik, zamboni, and aksis p1 & p2. Agree or disagree?

Only have one infusion fodder at 391 and don't want to infuse one thing and end up regretting it.

One cool thing I saw a hunter do in the raid is equip don't touch me for gloves, means losing the heavy raid glove perk but since so much crap melees you in the raid you end up escaping from tough situations.

soultron

Banned
Our raid group got stumped at Vosik. We only had 1 Titan and losing even 1 person on a side just means it's basically a wipe. We were all 385-387.

I might try Bad Juju next time around since I feel like constantly getting Supers from the adds will be valuable for crowd control.

Anyone manage to clear it tonight?

I would run the Heroic Strike playlist with a Vanguard Booster and 3oC resulting in getting Exotic engrams, Vanguard/Faction XP towards rewards, and getting two blues for each strike completion with a LL up to 385. Also, chances for Skeleton Keys to drop for Strike Hoard chest.

Dez_

Our raid group couldn't get through the first real boss fight. Damage phase wasn't so bad, we were all on point with that. The problem came from all the enemies that would shred us while trying to grab and time the bomb throws. My LL was low for the encounter (381), but even so it was hard to get to the dps phase without having at least somebody getting killed, pretty much causing a wipe.

I'll try to run the raid later on in the week. Going to focus on trying to get my LL up again in the meantime.

Hopscotch just dropped for me. Has Counterbalance, Braced Frame/Smallbore and Full Auto. Good roll?

Yes, that is a fantastic roll. I know that archetype of pulse rifles aren't too popular because the faster ROF ones kill faster and more efficiently, but it will be a great weapon to use for 6v6 matches.

Finally was able to clear HM on launch day! I like all of the changes, without spoiling anything. Adds to the organized chaos feel of the raid, differentiating it even more from the incredibly rigid King's Fall.

Our raid group got stumped at Vosik. We only had 1 Titan and losing even 1 person on a side just means it's basically a wipe. We were all 385-387.

I might try Bad Juju next time around since I feel like constantly getting Supers from the adds will be valuable for crowd control.

Anyone manage to clear it tonight?

We just completed it. Vosiks feels like the hardest encounter right now. We had a somewhat tough time on Vosiks but cleared Aksis in 3 tries I think.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think most groups had the most trouble with vosiks only because of ads but once you overcame that he was pretty easy. I felt Aksis was way too easy, the changes weren't dramatic enough to raise the difficulty.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Our raid group couldn't get through the first real boss fight. Damage phase wasn't so bad, we were all on point with that. The problem came from all the enemies that would shred us while trying to grab and time the bomb throws. My LL was low for the encounter (381), but even so it was hard to get to the dps phase without having at least somebody getting killed, pretty much causing a wipe.

I'll try to run the raid later on in the week. Going to focus on trying to get my LL up again in the meantime.

Yes, that is a fantastic roll. I know that archetype of pulse rifles aren't too popular because the faster ROF ones kill faster and more efficiently, but it will be a great weapon to use for 6v6 matches.

We had a lot of under leveled people. Basically the whole team but one. Instead of throwing all six bombs at once, have three throwers and let them do it twice in succession. The non-throwers focus on ads and monitor. For monitor use a sniper.

I think most groups had the most trouble with vosiks only because of ads but once you overcame that he was pretty easy. I felt Aksis was way too easy, the changes weren't dramatic enough to raise the difficulty.

My group is finishing Aksis phase 2 tomorrow, but we gave it one try to see changes.
Am I to believe the only real change is more servitors?

The
walker
near the Siege Engine was pretty cool though.

LiK

Haha, Having a Void Messenger is making the Thorn PVP step too easy. 94%. Probably be done with one more match. It was pretty nice experience.

Cool, I guess I want Third Eye as the last option but this seems good to try out.

Ice9

So my download is stuck around 4 Gigs with no way around it, which makes 0 sense because the patch is supposedly 300 MB.

Can anyone help me with this? First time this has happened to me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My group is finishing Aksis phase 2 tomorrow, but we gave it one try to see changes.
Am I to believe the only real change is more servitors?

The
walker
near the Siege Engine was pretty cool though.
Instead of three bombs, you have to throw seven.

Igor and the likes. You guys think the raid handcannon is good? It seems good. Otherwise dismantle.
DAtkDBJ.png

Dez_

We had a lot of under leveled people. Basically the whole team but one. Instead of throwing all six bombs at once, have three throwers and let them do it twice in succession. The non-throwers focus on ads and monitor. For monitor use a sniper.

We'll have to try that again next time. We made a few attempts
to have one dedicated bomb thrower for each side, but weren't timing our throws very well, so we had more success with everyone throwing the bombs at once. Was obviously the riskier way to go about it, but it got us some results.

Haha, Having a Void Messenger is making the Thorn PVP step too easy. 94%. Probably be done with one more match. It was pretty nice experience.

Cool, I guess I want Third Eye as the last option but this seems good to try out.
Third eye is great, but I do like the convenience of full auto. Not necessary, but it's nice. You can always use that artifact that gives you the enhanced radar. Comes with 3rd eye for all primary.

Hard mode complete. Got 397 Titan arms, a 400 mark, 400 artifact, 398 sniper, 398 sidearm and 400 handcannon + a bunch of normal mode fodder haha.

Lima with the clincher at the end when we lost a clanmate. Cheers.

Z5VkIbY.jpg

IbukiLordSA

So my download is stuck around 4 Gigs with no way around it, which makes 0 sense because the patch is supposedly 300 MB.

Can anyone help me with this? First time this has happened to me.

Keep deleting the download until it shows up as 300mb. I had to do this 4 times as it kept telling me it is a 32gb download. Took about 2 hours because of how long it takes to get to 100% before downloading.

For you HM clearers, which heavy did you prefer to take in for most of the fights? Dark drinker, gally, or sleeper stimulant?

Dark is great for normal since you can nearly 1 shot captains, but the streams I saw of HM it seems like going near the captain is certain death. I dunno if once everyone is closer to 400 it'll be just like normal, but for first clears it feels like sleeper or gally would be a better choice for vosik, zamboni, and aksis p1 & p2. Agree or disagree?

I used Gjallarhorn all the way up to Aksis Phase 1 then switched to Dark Drinker for the remainder. I went with a combo of emptying one cannon and then using my sword on Phase 2.

Instead of three bombs, you have to throw seven.

Igor and the likes. You guys think the raid handcannon is good? It seems good. Otherwise dismantle.

I infused it into my Genesis Chain. No regrets.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
It seems lag is my biggest enemy in the hard raid. Not sure what to do. I doubt they'll ever fix the clean rooms glitching out on weaker connections, frustrating having everyone get in perfectly and then watch half the group die anyway, or get stuck inside after it clears

It seems lag is my biggest enemy in the hard raid. Not sure what to do. I doubt they'll ever fix the clean rooms glitching out on weaker connections, frustrating having everyone get in perfectly and then watch half the group die anyway, or get stuck inside after it clears
That happened to our group once tonight. We ended up beating the encounter a few tries later but was still confusing/frustrating haha

DAtkDBJ.png

That's in the Judith-d, Ill will, devil you know archetype. Hits like a truck but reloads slow. You want reinforced barrel for max range. Run either accurized or field choke.

Ice9

Keep deleting the download until it shows up as 300mb. I had to do this 4 times as it kept telling me it is a 32gb download. Took about 2 hours because of how long it takes to get to 100% before downloading.

That did the trick, thanks!

I would run the Heroic Strike playlist with a Vanguard Booster and 3oC resulting in getting Exotic engrams, Vanguard/Faction XP towards rewards, and getting two blues for each strike completion with a LL up to 385. Also, chances for Skeleton Keys to drop for Strike Hoard chest.

This seems like the best bet, then burn through my unidentified engrams!

Top Bottom