• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I can confirm that exotic engrams have only a 50-50 shot of dropping higher level loot. Had six items decrypt at one light level below my overall light level.

What a waste of fucking time collecting them.

I can confirm that exotic engrams have only a 50-50 shot of dropping higher level loot. Had six items decrypt at one light level below my overall light level.

What a waste of fucking time collecting them.
Still rng. Had about 30 Exotics saved and only 5 or 6 decrypted lower than current light. A few at the same light of the item equipped in the slot. The rest were higher.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Still rng. Had about 30 Exotics saved and only 5 or 6 decrypted lower than current light
Exotics have never decrypted below or at the same light level since the April update going into the first three weeks of rise of iron. Only when you hit 334 it turned into a 50-50 chance.

This is a new addition at light level 390 that was snuck in there by bungie to limit even more sources of upgrading past 390.

zewone

HM is pretty easy.

Ex Machina is pretty great.

I used Dark Drinker the whole time. Almost finished Aksys in 2 damage phases. Once my group gets closer to 400 I"m sure it can be 2 shotted.

Lima

HM is pretty easy.

Ex Machina is pretty great.

I used Dark Drinker the whole time. Almost finished Aksys in 2 damage phases. Once my group gets closer to 400 I"m sure it can be 2 shotted.
And if you actually practice the supercharge mechanic then you can still one cycle him.

This NF with Solar burn is awful against Valus Maauul

This is a video of a guy solo'ing it, you can see the three tricks he uses:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nHWEj_8K4U

the side areas on left/right are immune to the rockets from rocketbro (they hit the exhaust ports before they land), so a good spot to be when its just him around.

You can pillar hump the middle giant pillar to avoid firebro's smash, he will smash if he gets close (and its a 1 shot with solar) but if you shoot and scoot its not too bad.

Lastly, save your rockets (gally) for adds and burn both sides asap with rockets, and don't jump around in the air too much as you rocket since its grounded.

Lyonaz

This NF with Solar burn is awful against Valus Maauul

He's the worst, we had to jelly and celestial nighthawk golden gun him in the third phase to manage it.

First phase let just one person play chicken with him, run towards him and jump over him before he does the dive to bait him into it. Others need to clear adds fast, dragon's breath was great for it too. Otherwise invective shotgun.

Zocano

Major props to Bungie for not introducing cheap mechanics like in Crota. WotM is the crispiest raid in the game.

Can't think of anything "cheap" other than oversoul after each death which didn't really matter anyway cause no revives already makes it super hard.

Always liked no health regen. Thought it made you think about your loadout more which was good.

Crota's End's only problem is all the bugs and exploits. Bridge is still one of my favorite encounters when you actually do it.

Wow. The nightfall is a pile of shit once you reach the brothers. Wasted an hour in there and still didn't get it done.

It's nights like this where I can't stand this game.

Zocano

Wow. The nightfall is a pile of shit once you reach the brothers. Wasted an hour in there and still didn't get it done.

The problem with everyone who ever runs that strike is that they rush trying to down the brothers and that's exactly what you shouldn't do.

The adds are the real problem in that fight since you can just burn down Mau'ual super quick with sleepers.

The problem with everyone who ever runs that strike is that they rush trying to down the brothers and that's exactly what you shouldn't do.

The adds are the real problem in that fight since you can just burn down Mau'ual super quick with sleepers.

Right. My team tried to keep our distance as much as possible and strategically trigger the adds. We could make it to the third phase fine. But the combination of both brothers, solar burn and no jumping was absurd. Not to mention the adds with solar guns.

F__k off, Destiny.

It's nights like this where I can't stand this game.

Unload everything you got on the first Brother as soon as his health bar shows up in order to make him retreat as fast as possible. Then clear the adds on the left side first when facing the same way when you entered the boss area, then the right side. The other Brother is simpler and a lot less dangerous but make him retreat in the same quick fashion and deal with the adds in the same order.

It is ideal to have at least one Hunter outfitted with Celestial Nighthawk and the other two players (preferably defender Titans) with Gjallarhorns to make quick work of the solar Brother during the second encounter with him. Clear adds in same order and finish it.

ethomaz

Banned
The brothers are INSANE!!! INSANE!!!

It is one hit kill and you are some kind slower than them (if you are not 20 feet way from him you are dead).

Thanks LiK and Space.

Reward? 10 Three of Coins... what???

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's still a great gun, just a little less useful in pvp now. Let me know if you need an extra set of hands for any of it. Just finished running a friend through the newish summoning pits strike at the end a few minutes ago.

I do want it if for nothing than nostalgia's sake. Will definitely take you up on the offer when I start it, I don't think I have the patience to solo it.

excowboy

Rasengan is a true soldier. The next couple of days will be hard to get attention for lower level activities. The patch today opened up more options for higher level players and they will be working on progression to 390 for the hard mode raid.

Yes, fair point! Please send me friend requests though GAF - PSN: excowboy83 - eventually I might make the hard raid myself one day.

WE DID IT. NF blows. At least I got Skeleton Key and 384 SGA. LOL

GG spaaaace and ethomaz

It is one hit kill and you are some kind slower than them (if you are not 20 feet way from him you are dead).

Thanks LiK and Space.

Thanks guys. No key for me, one exotic, not too bad.

Don't spend those coins all in one place.

Does the Thorne bounty drop from any of the 4 bounties? Or from the weekly bounty?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks LiK and Space.

Ouch, I'm sorry. After making it through I got a +1 LL ghost, which was just barely better than nothing. Can't imagine getting 10 3oC after this weeks nightfall.

LiK

Thanks guys. No key for me, one exotic, not too bad.

Don't spend those coins all in one place.

Does the Thorne bounty drop from any of the 4 bounties? Or from the weekly bounty?

Shiro? Any of them from him will drop the quest. Just need to be lucky. Guess I'll try Thorn out in PVP over the weekend.

Finding quarantine and assassination patrols for these weekly patrol quests are the most annoying things.

From the starting point (Lords Watch) go into the hacked up "sepiks wuz here" door that leads to the rocket yard through foundry 113. Rocket yard is usually has one quarantine mission, and if you head back into the divide you will seemingly always find an assassination mission there.

Those two zones seem to be always pretty empty, everyone just sticks to the lords watch / giants bane / forge areas.

Shiro? Any of them from him will drop the quest. Just need to be lucky. Guess I'll try Thorn out in PVP over the weekend.

The DoT from Mark of the Devourer is now essentially non-existent on players, but on the upside... It's still a hand cannon. Score some quick head shots and anyone you hit is still going down. The numbers flying off them from the dot also makes tracking down fleeing players a little simpler, if only for a few seconds.

Mesharey

I left the game for like 3 weeks, anything new? There was update yesterday.

Apparently blue engrams are 365, blue drops 385.
L. engrams 385, exotic 400 I think, is that correct?

Melchiah

CvFMz75WYAAV-LA.jpg

I want the evil eye banner.

Melchiah

Hell yeah! I managed to rise two light levels with engrams alone, and finally got a higher primary (365->369) and boots (366->372).

So, how the hell do you get the Thorn Y3 quest ? Vanguard Bounties ? Crucible Bounties ? Shiro's Rise of Iron Bounties ?

I'm doing every bounties on 3 char ever since release date, yet I don't get it.

Shito

So, how the hell do you get the Thorn Y3 quest ? Vanguard Bounties ? Crucible Bounties ? Shiro's Rise of Iron Bounties ?

I'm doing every bounties on 3 char ever since release date, yet I don't get it.
Got mine on one of Shiro's bounties.
I don't think I've read anyone getting it from another type of bounties.

Top Bottom