• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

FyreWulff

True.

So whats the point of 400?? Its just an arbitrary number at this point.

My theory, which I think i mentioned in a previous thread, is to give a little 'crumple space' where some higher gear can pull you past the topmost light without having to hit exactly 400 on everything.

We're just to being punished for dumb things. Check the trophy this morning and it was at 0.1% completion for hard. It'll be difficult for most people and curve seems to be fair.

I think Bungie nailed the balance for WotM.

Agreed. HM has a really good balance this time around. I hope they carry this new approach forward. Despite how small ROI really is, the HoW team keeps on winning!

Edit: I just thought of this, but maybe Challenge Mode will be 400 LL.

LiK

HM just came out last night. Only the hardcore will have completed it already. I don't think I'll bother until I'm 385 at least. Pretty easy to level up the LL now. I got to 379 from just AF and Strikes last night. Should be able to play HM either this week or next week. Going to watch a guide and see the differences so I don't need an explanation.

LiK

Have not played Destiny in over 5 months, now i don't even know how i can get back into playing it. I feel like I'm so far behind.

I didn't play for over a year and only got back once ROI came out. Easy to get back in. Youtube videos summarizing the changes helped.

E92 M3

Checking trophy percentages on addons is kind of misleading i think. They are always calculated for all the people that own the base game, so they show you low completion percentages
i think

That might be true, but I don't know myself. Either way, not a lot of people in the tower with the emblem yet (which is really cool btw).

Agreed. HM has a really good balance this time around. I hope they carry this new approach forward. Despite how small ROI really is, the HoW team keeps on winning!

Edit: I just thought of this, but maybe Challenge Mode will be 400 LL.

I had the highest hopes for the HoW and they didn't disappoint at all. All of those guys need a promotion. ROI is such a pleasure to play now.

blazeuk

That might be true, but I don't know myself. Either way, not a lot of people in the tower with the emblem yet (which is really cool btw).

One thing to remember is that it was released at a pretty bad time for us Europeans, a lot of people won't have bothered attempting it that late if they're working today, I'd expect to start seeing the emblem a lot more by the weekend.

ch4fx_

I'm running WotM for the first time ever tonight. Is there any gear that's essential for the raid?

The requirements are pretty lenient. Go in with a high impact sniper rifle (Event Horizon, Devils Dawn, 1K Yard Stare), a primary you are comfortable with, & you should be fine.

Swords can make quick work of captains, but are by no means required. Just have fun.

I'm guessing that challenge mode will be 400. That being said, HM being at 390 is still a formidable challenge. It's balanced well, and with good communication you shouldn't have too many issues.

spyder_ur

Small tip that might be worth trying for any group having trouble with Vosik, as we were: Try using only 3 dedicated bomb throwers in 2 rounds per bomb cycle, rather than 6 throwers at same time. This helped us with add clearance, and the moment we tried it we were dying far less, which is the name of the game. Cleared it with that strategy in 3-4 rounds vs an hour or more or wipes.

We were getting cleared by adds, and this helped us by having a dedicated add clearer on each side, and the timing was a bit easier for our group.

I'm running WotM for the first time ever tonight. Is there any gear that's essential for the raid?

The nice thing about this raid is you can use a lot of different loadouts and be effective. Swords and Horn are nice to have, as well as a good sniper (I use vendor Event Horizon), but there are plenty of good options.

Tjamato88

The requirements are pretty lenient. Go in with a high impact sniper rifle (Event Horizon, Devils Dawn, 1K Yard Stare), a primary you are comfortable with, & you should be fine.

Swords can make quick work of captains, but are by no means required. Just have fun.

I'm torn between either KYS and But Not Forgotten. Similar stats but I know people swear by KYS.

But Not Forgotten:
3e3TIU7.png

KYS:
fYkiWUd.png

Also torn between Gjally or a Steel Oracle Z-11:
jmrk7vv.png

I'm torn between either KYS and But Not Forgotten. Similar stats but I know people swear by KYS.

But Not Forgotten:
3e3TIU7.png

KYS:
fYkiWUd.png

Also torn between Gjally or a Steel Oracle Z-11:
jmrk7vv.png
The 1KYS has higher stability so it will a bit easier to hit crits during DPS phases and the Gjally is the highest utility weapon in the game right now - it does good dps and clears adds like nothing.

Easy choices :)

ch4fx_

Also torn between Gjally or a Steel Oracle Z-11

Either sniper is fine. I think technically your BNF is "better" due to having (a little) higher impact & a faster reload speed. However, like you said, can't go wrong with the 1KYS.

As for heavy, in my unprofessional opinion, use the
Gjally
. It is also a captain melter!

Tjamato88

You shouldn't have too much trouble with the raid until the final boss. It's not too difficult if you know the mechanics. If you're doing it blind, it'll take some figuring out.

No everyone else in my group has done it before. I just took forever to get my LL to the right spot.

two questions:
- my main is a titan and am getting a bit bored with him (only at 350light though). should i keep levelling him up or start a new warlock or hunter?
- whats the easiest raid for a noob. can they be done solo or need a party?

ethomaz

Banned
two questions:
- my main is a titan and am getting a bit bored with him (only at 350light though). should i keep levelling him up or start a new warlock or hunter?
- whats the easiest raid for a noob. can they be done solo or need a party?
Only Crota's Ends can be done sole I guess and it is not a easy task.

For a new character you only needs to reach lvl 40 and after that you infuse the Titan drops in new char gears lacking it near/equal do Titan light... pretty easy and fast.

If you have these items that level up instantally to 40 then you are already in the same light than your Titan at start.

It is easy to level up light with 3 chars too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I know it's been said before about Destiny, but it really is a bit disappointing how easy they make Hard modes. I'd love a mode that takes people a few days to figure out, execute and clear rather than a slightly harder normal mode raid.

molnizzle

I know it's been said before about Destiny, but it really is a bit disappointing how easy they make Hard modes. I'd love a mode that takes people a few days to figure out, execute and clear rather than a slightly harder normal mode raid.

Another thing I'm expecting for Destiny 2. Even easier normal modes that have matchmaking, with Heroic being the "real" mode that people still struggle with.

Anybody try the wolf howl on aksis?
It takes 10 ammo for its heavy attack compare to the older swords that take 5. The signature move grants 15% extra damage for 6 seconds. It's the fact that takes 10 ammo for its heavy attack makes it weaker than the others.

KodaRuss

My only other experience with raids is from Vanilla WoW. Blizzard basically had to nerf raids to make them even possible after they had been out for weeks.

It kinda takes away a bit of the mystique when the raids are completed so fast. Obviously this is a different game.

That said I have not even attempted the normal raid yet and honestly those are my only complaints about Destiny's raids. They are pretty fantastic for the most part and like nothing else in gaming at the moment.

Top Bottom