• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Going back to last page but young wolf's howl may be worth it if the extra damage buff stacks with other damage buffs as well.

Generally the stacking of damage buffs is a bit weird as WoL and tether stack, but tether and melting point do not. Viking funeral is confirmed to stack with tether and WoL, I've not seen any statement or testing on whether it stacks with melting point.

TLDNR - it's probably only worth it if the person with YWH doesn't have access to dark drinker (DD) but the other 5 people do. See below for details:-

First - assume 6 dark drinkers versus 5 and a wolfs howl - its the third damage phase and you have WoL.

Datto's video says DD is around 500k damage (I think that was WoL only and didn't have tether as well)

So the "vanilla" scenario is 3 million damage. Taking one DD out of the equation but adding in the extra 15% damage buff to the other 5 DD's means the total damage is:-

500k*5*1.15+(YWH damage) which equals 2.875m +(YWH damage).

I don't know how much damage YWH does on it's own, but it would need to be greater than 125k to get an overall increase in Boss DPS.

It might be a close run thing as the solar sword does 300k-350k damage, but YWH is using ammo twice as fast so would probably only do half the damage, around 150k or so.

Secondly - this assumes the 6th person has access to DD as well. If they "only" had access to gally/SS/Solar Sword then the base case DPS would be 5*500k+350k = 2.85m

In this case using YWH would give bonus boss DPS equal to whatever damage it does on it's own. The loss of DPS compared to other options is more than offset by the buff to the 5 DD's.

Thirdly - if the other 5 people generally don't have DD and their total DPS is lower, then the buff from YWH won't be big enough to offset the ammo disadvantage, and implied DPS reduction of the YWH person.

All of these cases ignore things like:-

1. You'll use more ammo taking down captains - a negative
2. You could sometimes get bonus hits on him on the first two phases which will give extra DPS where you don't normally get it - a positive
3. Other stuff I haven't thought of

EDIT ***

Hung Jury might still be better for normal enemies, but the raid scout reigns supreme for bosses. You get 40+ crits before needing to reload. No other legendary can touch it. Because of that I just use it for all PvE, I'm too lazy to switch guns every time there's a boss. lol

I am persisting with the raid Scout, but I find it quite bouncy compared to the HJ. It's a boss killing machine, especially if small arms is on, but it always feels like it takes a fraction too long to settle between shots.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hung Jury might still be better for normal enemies, but the raid scout reigns supreme for bosses. You get 40+ crits before needing to reload. No other legendary can touch it. Because of that I just use it for all PvE, I'm too lazy to switch guns every time there's a boss. lol

I can't imagine that the raid scout out-DPS's heavies on bosses.

spyder_ur

I can't imagine that the raid scout out-DPS's heavies on bosses.

I'm sure he doesn't mean out DPSing heavy. It does offer some solid DPS in a pinch if you're not in a spot to get ammo or aren't reloaded, situations that actually come up a decent amount in the raid.

I like Chaos Dogma, though I think I still like HJ more.

Weapons seem to be way better this time around. Everything about this raid is better than KF, IMO. Excited to try out the Sniper in place of Event Horizon.

WHERE?

I have a bunch of the hunter ones from Archon Forge but no Titan love. Worst part of TTK was having to give up my belt for class items with stats.
Archon’s Forge drop. Still on the hunt for a hunter cloak with no cape. Got a couple that have like 2
15% cape. Still too much cape.

At least the raid primaries are worth getting this go around. I can't think of one Kings Fall raid primary that was even in consideration of best in slot.

Datto did a video - I think the raid scout is about half of heavy damage, around 150k-200k but it's useful back up when you run out of ammo and/or the smaller damage phases.

The only Kings fall primary I saw get used was the pulse rifle, for solo and speed runs of the black spindle mission. Thinking about it, it may have been used in the solo-Oryx runs?

The heavy machine gun looks very handy with it's double triple tap perk.

Datto did a video - I think the raid scout is about half of heavy damage, around 150k-200k but it's useful back up when you run out of ammo and/or the smaller damage phases.

The only Kings fall primary I saw get used was the pulse rifle, for solo and speed runs of the black spindle mission. Thinking about it, it may have been used in the solo-Oryx runs?

The heavy machine gun looks very handy with it's double triple tap perk.

Yeah didnt Outbreak Prime out DPS the raid scout as well?

E92 M3

Perhaps Im giving Bungie too much credit, but I think they masterfully paced the DLC to string us all along. (I don't mean this in a bad way).

First, they drop the content, and everyone races to get "Raid Ready (about 365 or so). For the average player, this took grinding the strikes for awhile....maybe a few faction packages...most average players (who do like to play and had other commitments) were probably not raid ready within a week. Probably took two.

Ran a raid or two.

Then Iron Banner hit. if you played it, you saw a significant jump in light if you were hitting that mid 360's lag. Boom. 370 or so.

Raid again...jumped a bit.

The next week, boom, hard mode with the economy changes.

Heroic strikes to get to 385. etc....

It was really well paced to keep you playing.

Bungie are definitely learning.

Someone was able to preview the Thorn/Red Death ornaments on reddit. They're incredibly disappointing IMO.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ers_for_anybody_interested_in_what_the_thorn/

I think the White Death is very cool looking.

LifEndz

Aksis normal mode is such an easy encounter and it's just amazing how people flat out refuse to communicate. I'm almost at the point of not running it with randoms from LFG sites. Spent two hours trying to do it this morning and I was practically begging people to talk.

Mindlog

Helm - 111 (108)
Gloves - 99 (97)
Chest - 147 (143)
Boots - 135 (131)
Class - 60 (59)
Ghost - 60 (59)
Artifact - 119 (116)

All quality estimates rounded up for safety. So much quicker than DIM. Thank you for putting it up in Discord Xplicit.

Raven117

Right, but... now what? Seems like Bungie blew their load.

If Destiny 2 really is being delayed what in the hell is gonna keep us busy for another year?

I don't know why everyone keeps saying Destiny 2 is delayed. Hell, they haven't even given a definitive date of when they would release it!

But yeah...I don't know when Destiny 2 will drop...Im sure Activision wants it to drop Fall 2017. (Because...Beebus, they already blew their proposed schedule from way back when).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
At least the raid primaries are worth getting this go around. I can't think of one Kings Fall raid primary that was even in consideration of best in slot.

I used the KF scout rifle quite a bit, thank you very much!

I'm sure he doesn't mean out DPSing heavy. It does offer some solid DPS in a pinch if you're not in a spot to get ammo or aren't reloaded, situations that actually come up a decent amount in the raid.

I like Chaos Dogma, though I think I still like HJ more.

Weapons seem to be way better this time around. Everything about this raid is better than KF, IMO. Excited to try out the Sniper in place of Event Horizon.

Agreed, weapons in general in ROI are pretty awesome all around. IB scout might be my favorite gun to use ever in Destiny. Just love how it sounds and looks.

Cruxist

Ugh, hard mode drops already screwing me. First boss? 2 sidearms. Siege machine? 2 chest pieces. Group broke up after that since it was late. Inreally hate the chest/helmet for this raid, too. Bah.

spyder_ur

Agreed, weapons in general in ROI are pretty awesome all around. IB scout might be my favorite gun to use ever in Destiny. Just love how it sounds and looks.

Scored one with Full Auto, HLS and Firefly. It's awesome, but the clip is really limiting. Agree that it's an awesome gun.

Getting rid of the perks that meant immediate infusion/sharding has been really good for the weapons, IMO.

So how difficult is HM Raid, and what LL should you be in order to have a good shot at beating it? Are any of the mechanics for the Raid different?

Sorry for all the questions I just haven't had a chance to run it yet

Trakan

Class Items up to 400 drop from Archon'a Forge? I've been here for 2 hours and only getting Ghosts and Artifacts.

Yep, it's always the item you need the most that refuses to drop. It may seem like class items are rarer now though as ghosts and artifacts were added to the loot pool.

Trakan

Looks like the ship is in the HM loot table, it doesn't drop from challenge mode like KF. Hopefully it doesn't replace your armor/weapon drop.

yediDW0.jpg

I'm looking to start a fresh Hard Mode raid.

I have a 385 Hunter.

It will be a chill run, starting in about half-hour...

1. darkistheway

vin-buc

So this past weekend my son got the Jagged Purpose quest and I was able to finish up the questline for him. He had the skeleton key for finishing the story and completing the Shiro quest that gives the key. I used the key for the abomination strike and opened the chest to get the Thorn.

I was lucky enough to also get the Jagged Purpose quest last night turning in the reset bounties. Unfortunately, i don't have another skeleton key. Can i get one from finishing up the story/shiro questline with my Titan/Warlock? Or is it just account based and i can only get it once?

I've read posts that 10 strikes in and no key for some guardians. Trying to cut losses and maximize my time.

Thanks,

spyder_ur

So this past weekend my son got the Jagged Purpose quest and I was able to finish up the questline for him. He had the skeleton key for finishing the story and completing the Shiro quest that gives the key. I used the key for the abomination strike and opened the chest to get the Thorn.

I was lucky enough to also get the Jagged Purpose quest last night turning in the reset bounties. Unfortunately, i don't have another skeleton key. Can i get one from finishing up the story/shiro questline with my Titan/Warlock? Or is it just account based and i can only get it once?

I've read posts that 10 strikes in and no key for some guardians. Trying to cut losses and maximize my time.

Thanks,

You get one by going through the story on your alts and then a quest running Sepkis Perfected (I believe - might be Wretched Eye).

Don't know if it's been mentioned but there's a cheese spot in the last room of the NF. At the far back left of the room as you enter there's an innocuous looking mound of earth which you can stand on and neither brother can hit you there. Just use primaries and nades on the bosses and Gally the adds as they come through the side doors. Bit time consuming but it was the only way my fireteam managed to complete it.

Top Bottom