• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

ethomaz

Banned
Anyone need Nightfall?
Well it is not fun at all but some advices..,

- Have solar grenades and weapons (Gally is almost required).
- Does one hit run from the boss (really you need to run in circles most of times)
- Jump to avoid the first brother's attack and never, ever get close to him without any wall cover.
- Every time kills adds first with Gally shots... you need to be running from the boss and killing adds as fast as possible... use heavy packs if needed.
- If somebody dies stop to damage the boss until revive everybody because you don't want call adds in one or two persons.

It is really a non-fun task :(

PS. I can't even guess how Hunters are dealing with NF with that jump lol

Been looking for a non-exotic RL when i'm not using Truth or Horn... cant decide between these 2. I have some good 2 rocket/tube Iron banner and Raid RL's but 3 in the tube and cluster with field scout really seems to be better... esp in PvP.

This...
ijSrbtZ.png

Or this...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well it is not fun at all but some advices..,

- Have solar grenades and weapons (Gally is almost required).
- Does one hit run from the boss (really you need to run in circles most of times)
- Jump to avoid the first brother's attack and never, ever get close to him without any wall cover.
- Every time kills adds first with Gally shots... you need to be running from the boss and killing adds as fast as possible... use heavy packs if needed.
- If somebody dies stop to damage the boss until revive everybody because you don't want call adds in one or two persons.

It is really a non-fun task :(

At least you're not kicked to orbit upon death anymore.

ethomaz

Banned
At least you're not kicked to orbit upon death anymore.
I will be really surprised if somebody did it flawless :D

I mean in Raid hard mode you can still mess up and play... in this NF one mistake and you are dead... choose the wrong moment to revive you are dead due fucking revive animation lol a lot of time I was revived only to see a rocket coming to my head :p

vin-buc

Anyone need Nightfall?

I need a nightfall - and on top of that i need it with a Titan and Warlock. I'm trying to do the 1st part of the Outbreak Prime quest.

I guess i should wait until next week? I've been sitting on the quest since last week because I can't get the right group together. But i'd like to get it done since i have to do the Raid again.

EDIT: After 9pm EST should anyone want to.

ethomaz

Banned
I need a nightfall - and on top of that i need it with a Titan and Warlock. I'm trying to do the 1st part of the Outbreak Prime quest.

I guess i should wait until next week? I've been sitting on the quest since last week because I can't get the right group together. But i'd like to get it done since i have to do the Raid again.

I'm Hunter for the quest too :(

Raven117

Perhaps Im giving Bungie too much credit, but I think they masterfully paced the DLC to string us all along. (I don't mean this in a bad way).

First, they drop the content, and everyone races to get "Raid Ready (about 365 or so). For the average player, this took grinding the strikes for awhile....maybe a few faction packages...most average players (who do like to play and had other commitments) were probably not raid ready within a week. Probably took two.

Ran a raid or two.

Then Iron Banner hit. if you played it, you saw a significant jump in light if you were hitting that mid 360's lag. Boom. 370 or so.

Raid again...jumped a bit.

The next week, boom, hard mode with the economy changes.

Heroic strikes to get to 385. etc....

It was really well paced to keep you playing.

commish

Try the 100 website to get a group for that stuff.

Alternatively, I am more than willing to help you with this. Just not this week, with this nightfall :p

vin-buc

Try the 100 website to get a group for that stuff.

Alternatively, I am more than willing to help you with this. Just not this week, with this nightfall :p

I'm a simpleton and was hoping to do it here with gaffers but i'll spread my wings a bit.

Anyhow - gracie,

spyder_ur

Perhaps Im giving Bungie too much credit, but I think they masterfully paced the DLC to string us all along. (I don't mean this in a bad way).

First, they drop the content, and everyone races to get "Raid Ready (about 365 or so). For the average player, this took grinding the strikes for awhile....maybe a few faction packages...most average players (who do like to play and had other commitments) were probably not raid ready within a week. Probably took two.

Ran a raid or two.

Then Iron Banner hit. if you played it, you saw a significant jump in light if you were hitting that mid 360's lag. Boom. 370 or so.

I don't disagree, and I never really found leveling painful at all, though I didn't let myself get obsessed with it given that there's no practical benefit to being max light.

Given that honestly there's not a ton of content in this expansion, I agree that they paced it pretty well. I'm pretty fearful of a dry spell coming soon though - HM raid drops usually signify that. They're not as fun to play on repeat and there's no progression past a certain point, really.

Been looking for a non-exotic RL when i'm not using Truth or Horn... cant decide between these 2. I have some good 2 rocket/tube Iron banner and Raid RL's but 3 in the tube and cluster with field scout really seems to be better... esp in PvP.

This...

Or this...

Honestly, assuming you're running tripod no matter what, they're almost identical. You got kind of jacked by getting tripod & javelin on the same column. I'd go with the Warpath because A) it looks cooler and B) the aim assist is higher.

But I'd advise keeping your eye out for one with grenades & horseshoes, along with tripod & javelin. G&H makes a huge difference.

I remember you....

I can help with my Warlock, I can probably help with the 1st engine tonight.

vin-buc

I remember you....

I can help with my Warlock, I can probably help with the 1st engine tonight.

LOL........SHHHHHHH
(i still need to people to play with me)

That'd be great and very much appreciated. I think i have to knock down 2 more crucible games with a group and the nightfall (did the public events/50 pulse kills).....then 1st engine.

Strider

I went from 368-370 doing 3x public events today... lol

Public events being an easy way to level up... what a time to be alive.

commish

Ran a raid or two.

Yesterday, as I decoded 30 legendary engrams into 385 gear, I thought "what was the point of me running the raid the last few weeks?".

It's going to be the same with hard mode. Run it once for the experience, and then no real point in doing it again unless you want a specific piece of gear. I wish getting to 400 light actually MEANT something. At the same time, I can appreciate the design of the game where no one has to run the raid at all in order to get top gear.

LOL........SHHHHHHH
(i still need to people to play with me)

That'd be great and very much appreciated. I think i have to knock down 2 more crucible games with a group and the nightfall (did the public events/50 pulse kills).....then 1st engine.

Haven't started it yet. So I'd need Nightfall, public events ( quick archon forge), and cruicible or siva playlist. Shouldn't take too long.

Yes, archon forge is the best place to get 390+ ghosts and artifacts. Keep in mind BLUE artifacts will drop at 390+ from AF, so be careful with disassembling artifacts from there.

I also saw a guy get a 400 fusion rifle (he was 394) from nightfall earlier today so its not a bad source of LL mats either. Of course the other guy got 20 3oC so its not always so nice. The cheese spot in this weeks nightfall (two "coves" back from the boss door) lets you mostly ignore the boss attacks and you just have to get adds down fast.

Trakan

What is the best overall Primary to use in the HM Raid? Is it still the Outbreak Prime? A Hand Cannon? A Scout?

I find outbreak useful until Aksis, where I switch to Dark Drinker. It doesn't really matter what primary you use for Aksis unless you like one shotting the shanks with a handcannon. I was using the autorifle, but I got the Pulse yesterday and it seems pretty good.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Played the clutchiest WoTM last boss bomb throwing escapade ever

Left Bomb thrower dies, we have him down to 20%

I swear to god I just zoned out and just ran from bomb to bomb left and mid and launched all 6 perfectly

Amazingly we 5 manned it at the end

#HUMBLEBRAG!

Honestly, assuming you're running tripod no matter what, they're almost identical. You got kind of jacked by getting tripod & javelin on the same column. I'd go with the Warpath because A) it looks cooler and B) the aim assist is higher.

But I'd advise keeping your eye out for one with grenades & horseshoes, along with tripod & javelin. G&H makes a huge difference.

Yeah i saw that Javelin was on the tripod tree :/ I mean i can turn on hard-launch and get some added velocity so it's not too bad.

I personally dont find grenades and horseshoes too useful when compared to cluster bomb. I'd say 90+% of my rocket kills are floor/wall detonation kills from above while floating and i never find myself wishing the rocket would self detonate. I find in use that higher blast radius and post-explosion cluster damage leads to more multi kills and overall carnage. The one Iron Banner RL i got does have G&H and fast velocity... but not much else.

vs

Probably stick with Warpath... i mean it also matches my titan lol ;)

xuchu

Played the clutchiest WoTM last boss bomb throwing escapade ever

Left Bomb thrower dies, we have him down to 20%

I swear to god I just zoned out and just ran from bomb to bomb left and mid and launched all 6 perfectly

Amazingly we 5 manned it at the end

#HUMBLEBRAG!

You were MVP for sure grave!!

Raven117

Yesterday, as I decoded 30 legendary engrams into 385 gear, I thought "what was the point of me running the raid the last few weeks?".

It's going to be the same with hard mode. Run it once for the experience, and then no real point in doing it again unless you want a specific piece of gear. I wish getting to 400 light actually MEANT something. At the same time, I can appreciate the design of the game where no one has to run the raid at all in order to get top gear.

HA, I had the same thought....I was thinking...geesh, why did I bother running the Raid and Iron Banner at all if they were just going to bump the LL up? (I had a great time doing it, so, "No regerts." ....but still.

I don't disagree, and I never really found leveling painful at all, though I didn't let myself get obsessed with it given that there's no practical benefit to being max light.

Given that honestly there's not a ton of content in this expansion, I agree that they paced it pretty well. I'm pretty fearful of a dry spell coming soon though - HM raid drops usually signify that. They're not as fun to play on repeat and there's no progression past a certain point, really.

Oh, there will be the festival of the lost event...Sparrow racing at some point. I hope they will drop a challenge mode at some point.

But yeah...the dry spell is coming.

commish

Tell that to all the poor people trying to play Iron Banner & Trials at ~360.

There's no real reason to be that low, though, unless you just don't want to do other content. Even my ultra casual friends who play maybe once or twice a week are over 360.

What I mean is that Bungie basically made the raid ... I don't want to say USELESS, but of limited value. You don't get any unique or useful weapons or gear (non-raid weapons are better, not to say that raid weapons are bad, per se), and being 390 light or 380 makes no difference, so there's not much point in running the raid more than once. And while I do enjoy the raids, it's not as if hard mode is significantly different or more challenging than normal mode.

Here's to hoping that Destiny 2 raids offer up unique items or give some other reason to run them more than once (other than for the joy of playing Destiny!).

Raven117

There's no real reason to be that low, though, unless you just don't want to do other content. Even my ultra casual friends who play maybe once or twice a week are over 360.

What I mean is that Bungie basically made the raid ... I don't want to say USELESS, but of limited value. You don't get any unique or useful weapons or gear (non-raid weapons are better, not to say that raid weapons are bad, per se), and being 390 light or 380 makes no difference, so there's not much point in running the raid more than once. And while I do enjoy the raids, it's not as if hard mode is significantly different or more challenging than normal mode.

Here's to hoping that Destiny 2 raids offer up unique items or give some other reason to run them more than once (other than for the joy of playing Destiny!).

That raid scout is pretty awesome as is the auto rifle....

But yeah, I agree...there is not really a reason to run the raid other than just to enjoy it.

IMO, the addition of Three of Coins was exceedingly significant.

Back in year 1, we raided and did the nightfall religiously as to get the exotic drops. (The thirst was real for G-horn, Hawkmoon, Red Death, Icebreaker...etc.) That was the only content that had those drops, and the only way to get to max light level (though Iron Banner usually got there eventually).

The integration of the Three of Coins IMO really signified the change of philosophy at Bungie regarding exotics.

Now, exotics dropped all the time! If you had a bunch of strange coins, you could have a bunch of three of coins and have many many chances a week at an exotic as opposed to at most 6 in Vanilla, 9 in Crota's End, and 12 in House of Wolves. AT MOST.

Don't get me wrong, I like the way Bungie changed this as you didn't have to grind for exotics like it was a damn job (that's a lot of raiding and a significant time commitment) and that you could follow quest lines to get your exotics (respecting player time as at least you knew ahead of time what it was going to take to get the weapon and whether you thought it was worth it), but it did make the exotics less exotic...

#offsoapbox

Tested out Raid scout, and while I like it, Hung Jury is still king for Scout. Kinda sucks that this DO vendor weapon is still superior.

Genesis Chain is on my Gunslinger and it's basically unfair with the perks and FF.

Might give the OP to my Titan in the end. I like it, but I'll probably use DD/RL/Gjally for the raid.

molnizzle

Tested out Raid scout, and while I like it, Hung Jury is still king for Scout. Kinda sucks that this DO vendor weapon is still superior.

Hung Jury might still be better for normal enemies, but the raid scout reigns supreme for bosses. You get 40+ crits before needing to reload. No other legendary can touch it. Because of that I just use it for all PvE, I'm too lazy to switch guns every time there's a boss. lol

Genesis Chain is on my Gunslinger and it's basically unfair with the perks and FF.

Might give the OP to my Titan in the end. I like it, but I'll probably use DD/RL/Gjally for the raid.

I mostly agree with you on the Hung Jury, as I have one with a God-tier roll and it's my main, but my Colovances Duty is right up there for me. Especially in PVP.

Top Bottom