• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Yep, it's always the item you need the most that refuses to drop. It may seem like class items are rarer now though as ghosts and artifacts were added to the loot pool.
Really? I cant remenber the last time i had anithyng else beside a class item. Got one and a ghost today. Othet than that i only got the sniper and the fusion rifle

Melchiah

Yesterday I was at 367 light level, with the highest gear being 369. Now I'm at 375, with the lowest being 374. Feels good, man.

Tjamato88

RNG but I had better luck when doing 320. You can finish them quick so more chances.So do that if all you need are the Keys and you're not going for the higher LL blues.

I'm torn. Is it worth it to do 320 strikes for keys or grind out Heroics for multiple pieces of higher light level rare gear?

Very conflicted you guys.

noomi

Asked a few times in discord but no one seems to know... is the raid ship dropping yet or unattainable at the moment?

X-Frame

Yep, it's always the item you need the most that refuses to drop. It may seem like class items are rarer now though as ghosts and artifacts were added to the loot pool.

I'm swimming in class items from AF. Got a bunch of Shells yesterday too.

Unbelievable. I just went in for another hour and still not 1 class item. They dropped like crazy before this patch. I agree, with Ghosts and Artifacts added maybe they're sharing the same loot pool. Craziness.

LiK

I'm torn. Is it worth it to do 320 strikes for keys or grind out Heroics for multiple pieces of higher light level rare gear?

The Heroic Strikes are much more of a pain to complete, imo so I don't recommend it if you're just grinding for Keys. But that's up to you.

Raven117

I used the KF scout rifle quite a bit, thank you very much!

Agreed, weapons in general in ROI are pretty awesome all around. IB scout might be my favorite gun to use ever in Destiny. Just love how it sounds and looks.

You forced it! I mean, come on...Hung Jury vendor roll in the beginning of year 2....

That said....they do seem to be doing a better job of the "sandbox" there is no absolute beast loadout for pve and at least there are a few options (as opposed to very few in year 1 and only marginally better in year 2).

Of course, they did drift back (or perhaps never left) to the only slot to equip an exotic in is Heavy. (G-horn, Sleeper, or Sword).

Is it true that the Vosiks part with the doors is the hardest part of the hard raid?
Because the group I was playing with and myself got stuck there for 3 hours. We just gave up.
Feels bad, man.

Only on Vosik, because of the bonus Fallen Damage. I think Aksis was a wash. But Outbreak Prime is not really worth the exotic. Sleeper or Dark Drinker are the DPS go-to's.

Yes

Really? I could have sworn (i cant find that table now of course lol) that Datto's sheet was on Aksis damage and OP was the highest DPS primary weapon. (could be wrong)

But yes, i'm totally with you... Sleeper is the DPS king aside from Dark Drinker (swords i dont use though). Sleeper is such a powerful PvE weapon it's surprising it doesnt get more love.

Toki767

Once you're over 385, there's no reason to do the heroic strikes unless you just want the challenge if you're just farming Skeleton keys.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So how difficult is HM Raid, and what LL should you be in order to have a good shot at beating it? Are any of the mechanics for the Raid different?

Sorry for all the questions I just haven't had a chance to run it yet

There are minor changes to everything past the front door.
Is it true that the Vosiks part with the doors is the hardest part of the hard raid?
Because the group I was playing with and myself got stuck there for 3 hours. We just gave up.
Feels bad, man.
Yes, it is. That's the "you're in hard mode now" encounter, and what was a very forgiving boss fight in Normal is rather tight as far as mistakes go in Hard.

There are minor changes to everything past the front door.

Yes, it is. That's the "you're in hard mode now" encounter, and what was a very forgiving boss fight in Normal is rather tight as far as mistakes go in Hard.

So many things that can kill you, and I can't see how it can be done with 5, so each death is a wipe. Any advice hawk?

thabiz

So many things that can kill you, and I can't see how it can be done with 5, so each death is a wipe. Any advice hawk?

I'm determined to nail that part. I feel we had everything down, it was just little things here and there. Namely deaths. Lol

Perhaps it just wasn't the right mix of people.

BLCKATK

I'm only 371 so the Heroic Strikes might be better for me but I'm not sure.

Keep in mind you are receiving more reputation for doing Heroic Strikes, especially if you have a booster on. So that is more chances for a light increase from the package you'll get, plus up to 385 Blues, Exotic Engrams from Three of Coins, and a chance for a skeleton key.

Need one for fresh Hard Mode.

Still need one? I can go. PSN Azys_

Any Hunters and Titans willing to play with me to work on the Outbreak Prime quest tonight?

I won't get home till around 9pm EST. My PSN is Hoffelcopter.

yediDW0.jpg

*throws up in mouth a little*

Top Bottom