• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

i did the "kill fallen" part of the thorn quest in the plaguelands in Giant's Husk. all i did was help people who were doing the quarantine mission. they held the axe, and i just killed with my guns. took about 4-5 of the bounties to complete (maybe less, can't recall). (i was waiting for public events, too)

Facing the spot where the boss spawns in, top right side.
hmm... i'll have to youtube it to see exactly where. thanks!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My baby goes to bed around 8:00PM est now and I usually help with that so anytime after 8 should work for me. If you wanted to get started earlier feel free to raid without me though, family comes first.

Family first, of course ;) Let me see if my GF is interested in watching the debate or not. I am over the debates myself. I have no problem with 8 pm otherwise.

Count me in!!!

Word up.

PSN? if so I am in.

PSN: Branaghs

Destiny was released on other systems? :0

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, looking at these folks, for 8 pm EST:

1 - Frost
2 - commish
3 - running
4 - Branaghs
5 - Azys
6 - 7thassassin

It absolutely can be done with 5!

Remember that you don't need to be perfect on each bombing run. There's nothing wrong with taking 4 or even 5 rounds of bombs to get to each DPS phase. As a corollary of this, having everyone survive is way, way more valuable than getting every bomb to hit the boss.

edit: As far as calling the wipe- if a death occurs before even reaching the first DPS phase, then certainly wipe it. If you've at least completed that, keep it going.

Mechanically, it can be done with less, but it felt like we really needed all 6 for add control. If we couldn't get the adds cleaned up, there wasn't enough time between bombs and monitor, or between monitor and next add wave to stay above water. Eventually, the dominoes would start to fall.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
And another thing is make sure the group has the skorri artifact equipped. It helps a little. Better than any other artifact for raid.

Mindlog

I legitimately thought I wasn't doing enough damage to Aksis. I was just plinking away with my hand cannon/sniper until phase 3 when I went in with Dark Drinker. Wasn't even abusing WoL/Empowerment buff. No scorch cannons.

Dark Drinker shut me up. First weapon infused to 390 and it was obviously a great choice. Kind of absurd the amount of damage it does.

Thanks for the very quick HM Aksis kill everybody.

People are telling me that the light level drops for the hard mode raid are the same as normal?

Is this actually true?

I'm going in at 385. What should I expect?

I legitimately thought I wasn't doing enough damage to Aksis. I was just plinking away with my hand cannon/sniper until phase 3 when I went in with Dark Drinker. Wasn't even abusing WoL/Empowerment buff. No scorch cannons.

Dark Drinker shut me up. First weapon infused to 390 and it was obviously a great choice. Kind of absurd the amount of damage it does.

Thanks for the very quick HM Aksis kill everybody.

Yeah that really was absurd damage. I need to start working on mine.

Thanks for coming by the way!

Frostburn

People are telling me that the light level drops for the hard mode raid are the same as normal?

Is this actually true?

I'm going in at 385. What should I expect?

Those people are incorrect, light level for HM starts at your LL and goes up to 400, there is an additional chest (on the right side with more red Siva symbols on them) that can be opened with a key for an additional shot at HM loot. The normal mode chest is still there on the left and will only give you Normal mode gear up to 385 light.

Those people are incorrect, light level for HM starts at your LL and goes up to 400, there is an additional chest (on the right side with more red Siva symbols on them) that can be opened with a key for an additional shot at HM loot. The normal mode chest is still there on the left and will only give you Normal mode gear up to 385 light.

So nothing will drop below 385? What's the max my items could drop at being 385 already?

Frostburn

So nothing will drop below 385? What's the max my items could drop at being 385 already?

Nothing will drop below 385 unless you open the normal chest for some reason by accident (Which should just drop 385 since that is your current LL). Not sure how high the items will go based on your LL though my guess would be a max of 5 to 7 LL higher than your current, I haven't run it myself yet and I'm not sure anyone has figured out the exact numbers yet.

Just noticed something weird. If I pick up a patrol on the way to the forge, and complete it in the forge...it doesn't count toward the bounty. Does the game not count the forge as part of the plaguelands?

Top Bottom