• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Yeah, that sucked pretty bad.

If you are having problems with Nightfall, I assume, you can semi-cheese it. On the left (and right) sides of the door where the bosses go in and out, there is a lightstick. If you go back one alcove from that, you can have one person hug the divider on one side and two on the other (doesn't really matter which) and if you stay inside the alcove neither boss will attack you.

Adds WILL still attack and kill you, and if you move out of the little alcoves the bosses will slam you, so you have to immediately switch to adds and gally/stimulant/sniper/etc them together when they spawn. Don't spawn bubbles and such, you'll get "trapped" in them. Golden guns, grenades, sunbreaker, etc are all great supers to use at the adds which are the only things that can kill you. DPS boss, switch to adds immediately as they spawn, back to bosses, for final boss once all the adds are dead one guy can go into the shield, dps from inside to break the shield, and back off (his slam won't 1 shot since its void not solar).

You can see the spot from the 11 minute mark in this video, which is a guy solo'ing the nightfall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nHWEj_8K4U

oSoLucky

Last night I had my first instance of someone raging/being unpleasant in the group. I was thinking and it kind of brought things into perspective. Over 2 years and I have had one unpleasant experience, which seems insane for online gaming in this day and age. It kinda brings how great our community is in perspective. Even LFG pugs in my experience will just leave instead of resort to being assholes.

Sadly the bad experience came from where I would least expect it, but it's only one in countless hundreds of groups.

Almost 400! I should do HM for the first time soon...

qlsLFP0.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What light you looking for? I'm only 384.

How the hell.

Probably engrams. Someone in our group was 398 before raiding. Should've probably saved it until 396+ for highest chance of 400 stuff though.

Maul is the ultimate titan skater. Too bad I couldn't save the vid where he skated 50 feet to knock some sense into someone.

If you are having problems with Nightfall, I assume, you can semi-cheese it. On the left (and right) sides of the door where the bosses go in and out, there is a lightstick. If you go back one alcove from that, you can have one person hug the divider on one side and two on the other (doesn't really matter which) and if you stay inside the alcove neither boss will attack you.

Adds WILL still attack and kill you, and if you move out of the little alcoves the bosses will slam you, so you have to immediately switch to adds and gally/stimulant/sniper/etc them together when they spawn. Don't spawn bubbles and such, you'll get "trapped" in them. Golden guns, grenades, sunbreaker, etc are all great supers to use at the adds which are the only things that can kill you. DPS boss, switch to adds immediately as they spawn, back to bosses, for final boss once all the adds are dead one guy can go into the shield, dps from inside to break the shield, and back off (his slam won't 1 shot since its void not solar).

You can see the spot from the 11 minute mark in this video, which is a guy solo'ing the nightfall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nHWEj_8K4U
Thanks for this! Though you don't go to this spot for the first brother in the video. Does it work for him too?

StMeph

Anyone willing/able to help complete step 9 of the Outbreak Prime quest?

PS4 Hunter, need a Titan and Warlock. I already punched it into the calculator and activated the nodes, so I really just need to sync up to finish it.

ID = GAF name

Zocano

I feel like this game should have had one final super hard set of activities that are pretty much for vanity (or not) items.

Basically the challenge modes but with a slightly larger array of stuff to pursue
like Vault of Glass weapons

And actually make the drop rate a bit lower and unfarmable (e.g. only once a week). It's not for progression so it doesn't need to be "generous" in any way. Carrots on a stick aren't inherently bad.

edit: I mean that's basically what Trials is for PvP which is good but I feel like the game has been missing that activity for PvE.

Would two kind souls help me do the Undying Mind Strike from the Hunger Pangs quest (ToM quest)? Its only level 40, and technically I could solo it, but it would be time consuming/annoying. With a squad, should take less than 10 mins, even without mics I assume.

Anyone willing to help?, I should be on in 10 mins.

Edit: Guess its late. I will try another time.

Completed Hard Mode WOTM on first run, well, it took about three hours but was rewarded with...

399 Legs
399 Chest
400 Ghost
398 Pulse Rifle

...then went to Archon's Forge for a couple events and got a 400 Class Item.

Just a tick away from 398 LL with multiple builds.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
nigthfall dropped a 399 ghost for me at LL 394. I nearly had a heart attack. The chest dropped a 397 artifact so all in all good drops for a nightfall that took nearly 45 minutes.

I am 395 and havent beaten a single boss yet. But i have burned through pretty much all of my exotic engrams. For some reason, none of my special exotic engrams have decrypted at higher light. i stopped after the 6th one decrypted at the same LL or below. must be a glitch. cant just be RNG. Can anyone confirm?

I am not happy about the exotics having only 50-50 chance of dropping higher level gear. Seeing 15 of the 30 exotics i had saved up go to waste is absolutely heartbreaking. what pisses me off is that they didnt announce it.

Still, the crucible is dropping good gear every few games so I cant complain too much. Went up 4 light levels in one day so it's still a massive improvement from Year 1, Year 2 post 290 and Year 3's first week.

Currently my chest is holding me back so I need to hope an exotic chest engram drops somehow or at least make it to the zamboni encounter in the raid tomorrow.

Frostburn

What are people's strategy for HM Vosik? Seems like a stupid amount of adds.
-Don't die to throw a Siva charge, use hunters that can go invis or sunsinger warlocks to grab the front left and right bombs if those positions are having trouble staying alive.

-Outbreak Prime to body shot and proc the perk is better than headshots with any guns on adds as it minimizes the red orbs from critical kills and keeps adds busy with swarm.

-Don't try to clear every last add before throwing the Siva charges, countdown and throw than clean up adds, for the last bombs to take down his shield especially since the adds disappear for the DPS phase

Top Bottom