• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Lnkn52

With Heroic WoTM completed I feel like its time for another break. Too many games I wanna play are coming out for me to keep playing this over and over lol. Prob just pop in once a week or something.

RoI pretty much met my expectations with about a months worth of fresh playtime, and even surpassed it with such a good Raid. 👍

With HM complete, and I can finally go back to a regularly sleeping schedule.

E92 M3

It's almost as if they don't have a good content pipeline set up and are skirting by on pvp.

I wish/hope Challenge Mode is 405 or 410. Please be.

I beg of you.

Bungie is finally shying away from cheap mechanics and the WotM is considered one of the best raids in the game. The difficulty is perfect.

The game shouldn't be balanced around people like me that complete everything.

X-Frame

So how has everyone been tweaking their strategy for HM Vosik? Assuming everyone is 390+.

I heard these tips:

- Try not to get headshots due to the red axion bolt-like seekers. But guns like Zhalo work really well with headshots because of its exotic perk. Bad Juju can work too for ammo control.

- Since survivability is paramount, loadouts and weapons more focused on add control and Captain killing over boss DPS. So Blessing bubbles w/ Saint-14 for picking up bombs, and CC high damage Supers used to clear adds and generate orbs; lasting grenades like Solar, Lightning, Vortex help.

Anything else?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So how has everyone been tweaking their strategy for HM Vosik? Assuming everyone is 390+.

I heard these tips:

- Try not to get headshots due to the red axion bolt-like seekers. But guns like Zhalo work really well with headshots because of its exotic perk. Bad Juju can work too for ammo control.

- Since survivability is paramount, loadouts and weapons more focused on add control and Captain killing over boss DPS. So Blessing bubbles w/ Saint-14 for picking up bombs, and CC high damage Supers used to clear adds and generate orbs; lasting grenades like Solar, Lightning, Vortex help.

Anything else?
No one has been talking about this but the artifact that turns enemies into allies could work well here. Just go up to the first enemy each wave and melee him until he turns.

If both players do it you will have created a good distraction to allow you to go and pick up your bombs.

EL CUCO

This must have something to do with it... http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1297037
Excited to see TD finally come out of beta!
Stopped just before Rise of Iron and will go back for patch 1.4
Same here brother
With HM complete, and I can finally go back to a regularly sleeping schedule.
Lol the zombie life is hardcore. It'll be nice to function like a regular human being at work again.

LiK

Anybody still play The Division???

LOL, I should uninstall it. Got the Plat and none of the DLC is any good. What a shame. Loved the base game but holy shit they effed up the end game so far. They also patched out the hilarious huge multi-men exploit which was so much fun.

Zakalwe

Banned
GG on the NF.

Was that a known cheese spot or did we luck out? Whatever, easy money! :3

Still looking? I need the boss kills for OP on my titan, 384.

Yep, still looking. Probably 3 more now as Who needs to split.

So I think we've got:

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - 388 Titan
2. YomommaZ (Gigly) - Hunter
3. Jabronium - 384 Titan
4. silver.tongue - 390 Hunter

Need two more to go.

Tjamato88

I have the NM Aksis Phase 2 checkpoint that my raid group couldn't finish if anyone wants to finish it off tonight.

My first time doing it was last night so it would be great if some of the people who were interested had finished the raid before.

Jabronium

GG on the NF.

So I think we've got:

3. Jabronium - 384 Titan

Need two more to go.

Cool. PSN is Thrillho.

X-Frame

No one has been talking about this but the artifact that turns enemies into allies could work well here. Just go up to the first enemy each wave and melee him until he turns.

If both players do it you will have created a good distraction to allow you to go and pick up your bombs.

I agree for that long encounter I can see that being pretty effective and fun. Not sure if it doesn't somehow delay any phase or something though like it does in Strikes.

GG on the NF.

So I think we've got:

3. Jabronium - 384 Titan

Need two more to go.

If you can wait 15 minutes I'll join you. PSN is Vincentgrey

LiK

I guess there's no fifth exotic weapon quest so far? Cuz I won't be able to complete that step in the book unless I do the OP quest and I'm not sure anyone still wants to do it here.

Zakalwe

Banned
For new page. One more for NM Raid. Leaving as soon as we get our six.

3. Jabronium - 384 Titan
4. silver.tongue (silvertongueBR) - 390 Hunter
5. Strangelove77 - (Vincentgrey)

I guess there's no fifth exotic weapon quest so far? Cuz I won't be able to complete that step in the book unless I do the OP quest and I'm not sure anyone still wants to do it here.

i still have to obtain the quest, so i hope that people will still need to complete it in the coming weeks. :)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I agree for that long encounter I can see that being pretty effective and fun. Not sure if it doesn't somehow delay any phase or something though like it does in Strikes.
I thought about that as well. The bombs drop on a set timer regardless of whether or not you have cleared out the ads. the enemies also disappear as soon as the damage phase begins after you take out his shields. i think it could work.

the Raid chest armor halves the damage you take while carrying the siva charge. so thats pretty much essential as well.

For new page. One more for NM Raid. Leaving as soon as we get our six.

3. Jabronium - 384 Titan
4. silver.tongue (silvertongueBR) - 390 Hunter
5. Strangelove77 - (Vincentgrey)

Sorry, but I already got into another group.

I never really got into Crucible until RoI so i never ran those Shax weekly bounties.

Is that now gone? Is there a quest line or weekly Crucible quest that delivers Nightfall level stuff like the old Shax weekly did?

I never really got into Crucible until RoI so i never ran those Shax weekly bounties.

Is that now gone? Is there a quest line or weekly Crucible quest that delivers Nightfall level stuff like the old Shax weekly did?

It's still there. This week it is Rift...

Complete 7 matches
Get 50 Primary Kills
Get 25 Assists
Stop Runner

...get reward upon completing bounty.

X-Frame

I thought about that as well. The bombs drop on a set timer regardless of whether or not you have cleared out the ads. the enemies also disappear as soon as the damage phase begins after you take out his shields. i think it could work.

the Raid chest armor halves the damage you take while carrying the siva charge. so thats pretty much essential as well.

Maybe I'll try it next time!

And the Raid chest is the only piece I am missing, of course. Wonderful. Though I am 394 so that helps.

Destiny on Nintendo switch!

Nintendo, gimme Destiny 2 for Nintendo Switch and you have all my fucking money

You guys/gals want to take that gigantic thing out of the house and play? Really now?

I honestly see no appeal at all. The Switch seems like a terrible design. Far too large to be mobile... the "Joy-Cons" (honestly that's the name of the little controllers lol) that split off are way too small and asymmetrically violent to your hands... why of fucking why couldnt they have just made a moderately powerful home console or nice, compact handheld along the lines of a better 3DS?

fHvfSTk.png

I aint playing destiny on this shit...

or this shit lol...

It's potato hardware

Jack of all trades master of none. "The Nintendo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

FyreWulff

You guys/gals want to take that gigantic thing out of the house and play? Really now?

I honestly see no appeal at all. The Switch seems like a terrible design. Far too large to be mobile... the "Joy-Cons" (honestly that's the name of the little controllers lol) that split off are way too small and asymmetrically violent to your hands... why of fucking why couldnt they have just made a moderately powerful home console or nice, compact handheld along the lines of a better 3DS?

fHvfSTk.png

I aint playing destiny on this shit...

or this shit lol...

It's potato hardware

Jack of all trades master of none. "The Nintendo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

B5BSVqH.png

vin-buc

There are people still doing it. I (with the help of some fellow gaffers) did the 1st engine last night. I'm up to putting in the codes for engine 2. I've had the engine for over a week now and I just got around to it last night. It'll take a few days to gather the right group but you'll do it.

I'm a Hunter and can help if you like (psn).

LiK

There are people still doing it. I (with the help of some fellow gaffers) did the 1st engine last night. I'm up to putting in the codes for engine 2. I've had the engine for over a week now and I just got around to it last night. It'll take a few days to gather the right group but you'll do it.

I'm a Hunter and can help if you like (psn).

I never even completed the monitors cuz the group i was with weren't able to always finish the whole raid in one run the two times i played with them. They're 390+ now so maybe they can do it this time.

Top Bottom