• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Drizzay, I miss you.

2 raids down and ggs to Igor, Nami, Biggy, ZW and his buddy. Had a lot of bad luck 2nd run but we conquered. First run at 1:10 was hype.

Also, practice yall Warlock jumps and get them subclasses levelled when you turn in bounties :p

Almost every 2nd chance chest was a dupe of what I just got. 2 raid pulses on 1 char and 3 raid helms on another (one normal). 3 snipers.

Good to know you can get hard exotics on last 2 phases.

Question: I just got the Raze-Lighter and noticed there are two "increase sword ammo" perks that can be used. If I am using the Memory of Radegast (increase sword ammo/deflect energy attacks) Artifact, and use Warrior of Light on the last perk node instead of increase ammo, but keep the first increase ammo perk, will that still max out my Sword ammo? I think it caps at 81 ammo?

EL CUCO

With Heroic WoTM completed I feel like its time for another break. Too many games I wanna play are coming out for me to keep playing this over and over lol. Prob just pop in once a week or something.

RoI pretty much met my expectations with about a months worth of fresh playtime, and even surpassed it with such a good Raid. 👍

Toki767

I haven't completed HM WOTM yet but I feel like once I do I'll only really feel like coming back for Iron Banner and maybe SRL.

Zocano

It's almost as if they don't have a good content pipeline set up and are skirting by on pvp.

I wish/hope Challenge Mode is 405 or 410. Please be.

I beg of you.

Melchiah

I really wish you could carry more than one SIVA Offering. When I'm sitting on a single Perfected Offering, I have no choice but to wait idle, and hope for other players to appear in the Forge at some point. Whereas with a Fused one, I can play it by myself while waiting for others to arrive. The only problem is, that after using the Fused Offering, I don't have any more left, and have to either find a quarantine patrol, or go back to social space to fetch another from the vault. It's just a very poorly implemented system in its current state. Especially when you can carry several Court of Oryx runes, and use the Reciprocal ones to attract other players. That's exactly what I did last night, and managed to lure three other players there, when I played it solo for a while. It's also beyond me, why you can't see there's people playing the Forge from the Archon's Keep outer area, like you do in the Dreadnought's Hall of Souls.

EDIT: The Shiro quest mark bug still remains unfixed for me as well.

Toki767

Alright dudes, looks like we don't have the guardians around to bang it out tonight, sorry :/ try again over the weekend I suppose

Would've joined but honestly not sure how long it would've taken and I got work in the morning lol.

I did hit 392 though. I wish I had exotic boots. Boots are basically the thing that constantly hold me back.

Fistwell

I really wish you could carry more than one SIVA Offering. When I'm sitting on a single Perfected Offering, I have no choice but to wait idle, and hope for other players to appear in the Forge at some point. Whereas with a Fused one, I can play it by myself while waiting for others to arrive. The only problem is, that after using the Fused Offering, I don't have any more left, and have to either find a quarantine patrol, or go back to social space to fetch another from the vault. It's just a very poorly implemented system in its current state. Especially when you can carry several Court of Oryx runes, and use the Reciprocal ones to attract other players. That's exactly what I did last night, and managed to lure three other players there, when I played it solo for a while. It's also beyond me, why you can't see there's people playing the Forge from the Archon's Keep outer area, like you do in the Dreadnought's Hall of Souls.
Agreed, it very often doesn't work out well when on your own. You'll hit the occasional train, but it often comes to a stop quick like. People leave, noone gets offering, party dies down. The matchmaking for it is real bad too. Seems 1/2 the time after, my little crawling, I get the sounds, see the shape of players loading in, get the message top left, then it all goes away when I jump in. Back to the entrance I go, on my hands and knees. ;'(

Maybe they could let you buy a whip (with silver) to self flagellate on your way to the forge, "oh RNGeesus, bless me with the boon of matchmaking! Help me sweet baby jesus! Help me Tom Cruise!"

Being able to at least carry a cple of offering would be great.

excowboy

Can't you move stuff from your vault using the app? Official app or Ishtar Commander for example?

Melchiah

Agreed, it very often doesn't work out well when on your own. You'll hit the occasional train, but it often comes to a stop quick like. People leave, noone gets offering, party dies down. The matchmaking for it is real bad too. Seems 1/2 the time after, my little crawling, I get the sounds, see the shape of players loading in, get the message top left, then it all goes away when I jump in. Back to the entrance I go, on my hands and knees. ;'(

Maybe they could let you buy a whip (with silver) to self flagellate on your way to the forge, "oh RNGeesus, bless me with the boon of matchmaking! Help me sweet baby jesus! Help me Tom Cruise!"

Being able to at least carry a cple of offering would be great.

Not to mention, how you're punished for respawn. I played a Perfected match yesterday, and two of the players didn't respawn because of it. I ended up dying while trying to revive one of them. The match failed before I could return there to help the remaining player. What makes it worse, is that you lose the offering after failure, unlike in the Court of Oryx.

Can't you move stuff from your vault using the app? Official app or Ishtar Commander for example?

No, you can't transfer the offerings with the app. The same applies to Court of Oryx runes though. I haven't tried the Ishtar Commander, so I have no idea how that works.

GutZ31

Question: I just got the Raze-Lighter and noticed there are two "increase sword ammo" perks that can be used. If I am using the Memory of Radegast (increase sword ammo/deflect energy attacks) Artifact, and use Warrior of Light on the last perk node instead of increase ammo, but keep the first increase ammo perk, will that still max out my Sword ammo? I think it caps at 81 ammo?

You get 88 with radegast equipt and warrior of light.
If you go all ammo, it is 101.

Wow, so awesome to see this community going so strong! Can I get some quick feedback about the latest expansions please?

I played Destiny up to shortly before the launch of The Taken King, so only own the base game and the two mini expansions. I loved the exploration aspect of the game, and really enjoyed the matchmaking for "dungeons". The main reasons I ended up quitting were repetition of environments (nowhere near as huge a gameworld as I had hoped), and the lack of matchmaking for Nightfall strikes which I pretty much required for further progression in the game.

What's the chance I'd enjoy the game now that two big expansions are out? I'm assuming there are new locations to explore which is a big plus for me, but how restricted will I be trying to play this game solo and relying on matchmaking? Because that made me feel like I'd run into a brick wall for progression when I was last playing. I'd like to enjoy this game again, but pretty sure I have to buy BOTH expansions to be able to do so, so it's a big investment.

Matt Frost

Agree with everything.

Zakalwe

Banned
Normal mode raid. Starting whenever we get our six.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - 388 Titan

I'd like to run it as quickly as possible. If you don't know the encounters, please watch a video before we begin.

Whoyouare

I'd like to run it as quickly as possible. If you don't know the encounters, please watch a video before we begin.

I'll be on in 5 min. 388 hunter. Psn: manicstreet

I hardly ever seem to have a problem with Archons Forge. I just run in and if nobodies there I go out the back way until the area name changes, then turn around and run back in. I've had to repeat that maybe up to 5 times before, but I always end up running into one that's in progress.

Half the time I don't even have an offering of my own when I start off. I only did the patrol mission to get one one time.

YomommaZ

2. YomommaZ (Gigly) - Hunter

I'm in on my hunter. Let me know here when we roll.

Zakalwe

Banned
3. Whoyouare (manicstreet) - 388 hunter
4. silver.tongue - 390 hunter

Need two more!

Zakalwe

Banned
I hardly ever seem to have a problem with Archons Forge. I just run in and if nobodies there I go out the back way until the area name changes, then turn around and run back in. I've had to repeat that maybe up to 5 times before, but I always end up running into one that's in progress.

Half the time I don't even have an offering of my own when I start off. I only did the patrol mission to get one one time.

60 / 40 in favour for me in terms of that working. The 40% of the time it doesn't work is frustrating enough.

If I have an offering it almost always draws a team, it's the times you don't (or have a perfected and don't want to risk it), that are annoying.

Saying this, I know why they did it. If they increased the amount of offerings/let you carry more, the drops would have to be significantly nerfed. I prefer it the way it is, despite the frustrations it can cause.

Whoyouare

3. Whoyouare (manicstreet) - 388 hunter
4. silver.tongue - 390 hunter

Need two more!

I don't know if I'll be able to do the whole raid. I have to split in about an hour. Feel free to replace me.

GutZ31

Wow, so awesome to see this community going so strong! Can I get some quick feedback about the latest expansions please?

I played Destiny up to shortly before the launch of The Taken King, so only own the base game and the two mini expansions. I loved the exploration aspect of the game, and really enjoyed the matchmaking for "dungeons". The main reasons I ended up quitting were repetition of environments (nowhere near as huge a gameworld as I had hoped), and the lack of matchmaking for Nightfall strikes which I pretty much required for further progression in the game.

What's the chance I'd enjoy the game now that two big expansions are out? I'm assuming there are new locations to explore which is a big plus for me, but how restricted will I be trying to play this game solo and relying on matchmaking? Because that made me feel like I'd run into a brick wall for progression when I was last playing. I'd like to enjoy this game again, but pretty sure I have to buy BOTH expansions to be able to do so, so it's a big investment.
Hi, and welcome back.

First the good news.
The game is very much overhauled compared to year 1 vanilla Destiny, and there are now many ways to increase your light level without being forced to play one way or another for the most part.

The bad news.
You commented on playing Destiny solo, and if that is your wish, so be it. The problem is that most of the people still playing would have quit well before most if they played by themselves.
DGAF is a community of Destiny players here to jump in, and have an experience with new, old, and present guardians.
If you don't find this why of play appealing, you will most likely run into the same issues you did before you left; repetitive content, and difficulty soloing/matchmaking.

If you can find time to play with others, it's a game hard to discredit. If you play it solo, it's a game that falls short in so much.
Grab a friend, and it all changes.

I hope this answers your questions.
The gunplay and movement is still something I just can't find in other games, and the community is, in my opinion, one of the best.

Top Bottom