• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So how has everyone been tweaking their strategy for HM Vosik? Assuming everyone is 390+.

I heard these tips:

- Try not to get headshots due to the red axion bolt-like seekers. But guns like Zhalo work really well with headshots because of its exotic perk. Bad Juju can work too for ammo control.

- Since survivability is paramount, loadouts and weapons more focused on add control and Captain killing over boss DPS. So Blessing bubbles w/ Saint-14 for picking up bombs, and CC high damage Supers used to clear adds and generate orbs; lasting grenades like Solar, Lightning, Vortex help.

Anything else?

Can we all agree Vosik is the hardest part of the new raid? Sheesh he's a pain.

#1 tip is to not die. Sounds silly, I know, but sometimes people risk their lives just to throw a bomb when they shouldn't. If you miss a bomb, no problem, we just do another rotation. If you die, it's probably going to be a wipe.

Also, people should have a set strategy for killing the captain on their side. If you are on the sides, it's helpful to wait until he comes closer a bit before engaging; otherwise, he'll spin and hide and you can't quickly kill him. Supers should be used liberally. No point in saving them. Teammates should discuss their strategy and communicate, e.g., "I don't have my super".

Boss DPS is the easiest part of the raid. I don't think any team has ever wiped because they lacked boss DPS. Your loadout and strategy should be designed to kill the adds and captains.

B5BSVqH.png

Eh? Im not sure you understand the reference/meme correctly lol.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well was gonna Destiny, but baby Niece coming, Day to play is over

Time to give hugs, kisses and spend the day with her

The Genesis Chain~ and it's Firefly perk is great but it's wow factor for me is the "stagger" effect it has on enemies and that's with using the Hammer Forged perk instead of High Caliber Rounds.

Dez_

I guess there's no fifth exotic weapon quest so far? Cuz I won't be able to complete that step in the book unless I do the OP quest and I'm not sure anyone still wants to do it here.

There are definitely people out there that need the OP quest, or are willing to help. I have it completed on my Hunter and I believe I have the questline started on my Titan, so I can help out with either classes if you need the help. I have a rather erratic schedule, but feel free to add me. I can try to help out when I can.
psn: rcmDez

Nah, I'm at work. By the time I'm home, everyone is done with the raids or they do it way too late for me on weeknights. I would love to get the OP quest just to complete the Exotic quest.

What's too late? I usually play from 9:30 - midnight...unless it's something like a first raid which can go into the wee hours.

Nah, I'm at work. By the time I'm home, everyone is done with the raids or they do it way too late for me on weeknights. I would love to get the OP quest just to complete the Exotic quest.

Well I'm free to help after 7pm EST, and could help tomorrow too

Just finished hard mode.
It took us 3 tries to kill Vosiks.
Not 3 hours, like yesterday. Which we didn't even finish because we never killed him.
Felt nice.

It definitely feels strange to already have a 400 LL ghost and class item (already have artifact at 400 LL 3x as well) with everything else at 398-399 compared to the run up to max LL in The Taken King.

Hedera

If you don't mind waiting 1 hour or so I'm in, I'm on my way back home. If not, totally understandable

387 Titan and first time HM :p
Unfortunately, to start 1h from now would mean I would only have 1h - 1,5h to play. But if we don't fill up till then, we can give it a shot at the first couple checkpoints.

Dez_

Monitors is fine. I'll be here to coach him.

NM monitors:

1. My kid
2. Rasengan
3. Zakalwe
4. Jabronium

Starting when full.

I can help. Got the day off and looking to play some nice, relaxing Destiny for the next few hours. I know I've played with you before, but I'm not sure I have you on my friends list.

I can help. Got the day off and looking to play some nice, relaxing Destiny for the next few hours. I know I've played with you before, but I'm not sure I have you on my friends list.

Fantastic! One to go. It'll be my kid's account anyway, so I'll just send out party chat invites.

BLCKATK

It's surprisingly how much having even class distribution and having the raid chest can help in Vosik. If you can have 3 people running support subclasses (Nightstalker, Defender) and the other 3 running offensive/add clearing subclasses (Gunslinger, Sunbreaker, Voidwalker, Stormcaller) it makes everything more manageable. You can wipe the area + captain and feed orbs into other supers which helps even more. Plus having a fully upgraded raid chest means you can pick up the SIVA charge and take half damage. Real nice.

Monitors is fine. I'll be here to coach him.

NM monitors:

1. My kid
2. Rasengan
3. Zakalwe
4. Jabronium
5. RcmDez
6. Discord

Starting when full.

Full. Party chat invites will be from Qsandwich.

What changed

All 6 of us were throwing charges instead of 3 throwing twice. They were also landing all or most of their charges. That was not the case yesterday. Missing charges is a bigger deal than you'd think - the more charges you miss the longer the fight becomes which means more adds to deal with which creates more opportunities for people to die.
The group was really good at calling out what door to go to when Vosiks did his instakill attack. We had a big problem with that yesterday.
And I guess the big one is that everyone was really good at staying alive. In the previous group one person would die randomly and we'd have to start all over.

X-Frame

All 6 of us were throwing charges instead of 3 throwing twice. They were also landing all or most of their charges. That was not the case yesterday. Missing charges is a bigger deal than you'd think - the more charges you miss the longer the fight becomes which means more adds to deal with which creates more opportunities for people to die.
The group was really good at calling out what door to go to when Vosiks did his instakill attack. We had a big problem with that yesterday.
And I guess the big one is that everyone was really good at staying alive. In the previous group one person would die randomly and we'd have to start all over.

What was your subclass distribution if I may ask?

LiK

I dunno if Frostburn will read this but when I was with him at Aksis with Gaffers, he was super efficient at killing the Captain and calling out the Servitors. He's a good teammate.

Top Bottom