• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

What is bad about Hawkmoon? I have been looking for an exotic Handcannon, would if be worth swapping out my existing one for this one sold by Xur while running around doing bounties?

I'm using this at the moment:

NuhunYd.jpg

It's def better than you're current weapon IMO.

I love Hawkmoon. Always will. If you dont have it buy it regardless!

Do you want this for PvP or PvE? It's still viable for both but you need to know how to use it. The range is gone and you'll need to move accordingly.

Here is my Hawkmoon..

Compare this with my main handcannon... I prefer this roll over the 6 other Loops I grinded to get this. It works VERY well in PvP.

Range is pretty much the most important stat right now with handcannons. LitC is also very important with slower RoF higher Impact handcannons. Stability is meaningless as you have plenty of time for the barrel to drop back to center before your next round is ready to fire... besides, these are precision weapons and you wont be spraying.

I say get it, experiment and have fun!

LiK

So I was testing out Nirwen's Mercy in PVP last night and I totally wrecked Rumble and Skirmish. Was Number 1 and had the most kills and least deaths. But it totally sucked in Supremacy where people are much more aggressive and I couldn't take on being ganked left and right in 6v6. So I guess I'll keep it for 3v3 and FFA. 1v1 against a few other PRs with higher Impact wasn't great either unless my headshots were consistent all the time. I still do the best with Zhalo in Supremacy.

All the talk about Felwinters Artifact, I also hope this post goes mostly unnoticed. But I have to say I fucking love it. I used it first on my Defender because I had the Thorn quest on her. I went on some great streaks. I used a Fusion Rifle and Twilight Garrison, but I suspect a Shotgun and No Backup Plans would absolutely destroy too.

But after that I thought about what class would be even better with Felwinters. And I tried it on Stormcaller. OMG. One perk makes it fucking amazing. Perpetual mother fucking charge.

The Nighstalker thing sounds great, I'll try it at some point.

Nothus

Just between you and me... I think it's amazing! (dont want too many people catching on and the crucible ends up being full of Felwinter users lol)

I currently run my NightStalker hunter with:

Memory of Felwinter (Lose super, grant extra grenade and melee and regen grenade and melee on orb pickups plus a significant boost to intellect and discipline)

Graviton Forfeit (Grants Shadestep) with Better Already (Shield regen on Orb pickup)
Vortex grenades

Envenomed (smoke grenades do damage)

Lockdown (grenades and smokes last twice as long)

Keen Scout (enemies the player looks at or damages gain a red X and appear on radar as a white circle. Motion Tracker is more precise. Sprint faster, crouch walk faster.)

And i'll run this with a god roll Hopscotch, Clever Dragon or Imago (with 3rd eye for radar) or a Monte Carlo sometimes for even quicker smoke regen.

With this build you pretty much always have a vortex grenade and smoke grenade for great damage and area denial... your throwables last 2x normal... you're the most mobile person in the game with shadestep faster sprint and faster crouch walk... you can see a super detailed radar at all times (with primary) and you can see enemies you looked at through walls with Keen Scout. You're also filling your vortex and smoke grenade when you touch an orb... you're also instantly refilling your shield when you run over an orb.

Overall it's a SUPER powerful build and i love it as you can net many more kills just by losing your super.

Nice, I might try it out.
What's on your god roll Hopscotch? I had one drop the other day with perfect balance, counterbalance and glass half full. Yet to try it out though.

LiK

Silimar Artifact is what I use in PVP. The increased defense to DoT damage saved me from not just Thorn but also a bunch of those nades that do that damage.

IbukiLordSA

It's def better than you're current weapon IMO.

I love Hawkmoon. Always will. If you dont have it buy it regardless!

Do you want this for PvP or PvE? It's still viable for both but you need to know how to use it. The range is gone and you'll need to move accordingly.

Ok cool, I will use it in PvE, I just enjoy handcannons more in PvE and don't really use any exotics in other slots so was hoping for a good handcannon exotic to pop up.

phen0m24

Ok cool, I will use it in PvE, I just enjoy handcannons more in PvE and don't really use any exotics in other slots so was hoping for a good handcannon exotic to pop up.

Ibuki it was god tier in year 1. That's where most of our complaints come from, because it's a shadow of its former self. It's still fun, it's just not the first choice like it used to be. Back in the day you ran TLW, Hawkmoon or Thorn. They were all ridiculous. Then the hand cannon nerfs came....

PWH I'm home today too. :)

Ibuki it was god tier in year 1. That's where most of our complaints come from, because it's a shadow of its former self. It's still fun, it's just not the first choice like it used to be. Back in the day you ran TLW, Hawkmoon or Thorn. They were all ridiculous. Then the hand cannon nerfs came....

PWH I'm home today too. :)

Me
You
Grx
?
?
?

What do you guys think?

Shito

If you are a hunter, I find Ace of Spade reaaaally good in PvP... I find I have more results using it than the palindrome...

Nice, I might try it out.
What's on your god roll Hopscotch? I had one drop the other day with perfect balance, counterbalance and glass half full. Yet to try it out though.

That's not a bad roll at all! I personally never end up getting to the proc of glass half full because i reload after every kill as long as they're is time... but that will be great in crowded situations

I NEED 3rd eye on my primary for Crucible... increased balance and secret round... my favorite perk for any pulse rifle. Now that it's fixed it makes a huge difference with that 4th round. Won a ton of battles because of that last bullet.

Buy a Palindrome from the crucible vendor if you want a good handcannon. One of the best with a great roll!

X-Frame

So what weapon loadout and strategies are everyone using for HM Vosik?

Are you forgoing single target boss damage weapons like Spindle and Snipers and using more mob-clearing weapons like Fusions/Shotguns, RL's and swords?

Are you using your Supers almost as soon as they are ready to maintain add control and keep orbs generating?

It just seems like from what I've read and watched it doesn't make sense to be conservative with your Supers and even Heavy ammo -- using often for adds and Captains is better than dying, even if it means a Bubble or Tether may not be ready for a damage phase. Am I on the right track? We are trying tomorrow. We should be all over 390 except for a few likely high 380's.

WipedOut

Are you forgoing single target boss damage weapons like Spindle and Snipers and using more mob-clearing weapons like Fusions/Shotguns, RL's and swords?

Are you using your Supers almost as soon as they are ready to maintain add control and keep orbs generating?

It just seems like from what I've read and watched it doesn't make sense to be conservative with your Supers and even Heavy ammo -- using often for adds and Captains is better than dying, even if it means a Bubble or Tether may not be ready for a damage phase. Am I on the right track? We are trying tomorrow. We should be all over 390 except for a few likely high 380's.
I personally user Raid Pulse, Raid Shotgun for captains and Sleeper.

The person on the same side as me was using Sniper / Dark Drinker

Kyne

Thorn.. The Last Word.. Hawkmoon..

Man. That was the golden age. The triforce of unbeatable handcannons. All of them are a mere shadow of what they used to be.

Unbalanced? Definitely. Fun as fuck? You betcha.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I twas trying out my new Triple Double Raid Machine gun yesterday and you can fire it forever. It's basically just for bosses but my god it melts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLgy0NtODiY

I started out with a 60 round mag with 70 rounds in reserve. By the time I had to reload, it had moved 33 reserve rounds into my magazine. That made it a 93 round magazine doing 1k damage each without tether or weapons. So nearly 90k damage. With tether and bubble one magazine should do 150k damage to Vosik and Aksis. Absolutely insane.

I save my Sniper Ammo for the boss. It does 23k crit with 4 shots in the magazine and two reloading perks that help reload in 1.5 seconds.

The ads gave me so much trouble on the right hand side until I started using the dark drinker. I think any sword, even legendary swords are good here. Just go in, kill people with one hit, grab the bomb and come back. then go back in and clean up the rest.

I use the defender bubble to give me the extra shield and in the perfect scenario a tether on the enemies would keep them occupied and generate orbs for my next bubble. But my partner was running with celestial nighthawk which is great for taking out the captains in one hit.

Desperately looking for a Cryptic Dragon or The Wounded from FWC, but all I seem to get are Unending Deluge and rocket launchers.

It's just infusion fodder for my needs.

Edit : Got a Cryptic Dragon with Zen Moment, High Caliber Rounds, Braced Frame, Firefly at 400 LL in 3rd match this morning.

Melchiah

SlimySnake

Xur should be selling Days of Iron ornaments every week for Strange Coins. I think its bullshit that Bungie showed all these cool fire armors and then locked them away behind micro transactions and one weekly treasure RNG.

Lnkn52

I twas trying out my new Triple Double Raid Machine gun yesterday and you can fire it forever. It's basically just for bosses but my god it melts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLgy0NtODiY

I started out with a 60 round mag with 70 rounds in reserve. By the time I had to reload, it had moved 33 reserve rounds into my magazine. That made it a 93 round magazine doing 1k damage each without tether or weapons. So nearly 90k damage. With tether and bubble one magazine should do 150k damage to Vosik and Aksis. Absolutely insane.

I save my Sniper Ammo for the boss. It does 23k crit with 4 shots in the magazine and two reloading perks that help reload in 1.5 seconds.

The ads gave me so much trouble on the right hand side until I started using the dark drinker. I think any sword, even legendary swords are good here. Just go in, kill people with one hit, grab the bomb and come back. then go back in and clean up the rest.

I use the defender bubble to give me the extra shield and in the perfect scenario a tether on the enemies would keep them occupied and generate orbs for my next bubble. But my partner was running with celestial nighthawk which is great for taking out the captains in one hit.

Holy cow that Video.

E92 M3

Silimar Artifact is what I use in PVP. The increased defense to DoT damage saved me from not just Thorn but also a bunch of those nades that do that damage.

That's what I use on my lock.

I use the raid sniper and gjally. Been loving that combo.

SlimySnake

whachu talkin' about, willis?

You can earn more than one radiant treasure per week?

I have been waiting for a Days or Iron Ornament since my first week when i got one. Turns out you need two for each armor piece to activate the Fire armor.

With extended mag you can empty all your heavy ammo into a boss without reloading.

The stability with the larger magazine is absolute dog shit though. I havent tried it on bosses but it was a mess taking out ads without the Braced Frame perk.

shermas

Three of Coins is best thing he sells every week.

Yep... time to farm again. I only have four heavy engrams left. And five special engrams left. I have about 15 primary engrams. :(

I'm 394 on one of my dudes and I'm really trying to hold off on opening more of them until I'm closer to 400.

Where is Xur this week? I usually farm the three bosses at the end of the Iron Tomb mission (pop 3oC, kill one, pop another 3oC, kill one, then wipe) and I have pretty decent success with exotics.

Yep... time to farm again. I only have four heavy engrams left. And five special engrams left. I have about 15 primary engrams. :(

I'm 394 on one of my dudes and I'm really trying to hold off on opening more of them until I'm closer to 400.

Where is Xur this week? I usually farm the three bosses at the end of the Iron Tomb mission (pop 3oC, kill one, pop another 3oC, kill one, then wipe) and I have pretty decent success with exotics.

The Hangar Lounge.

Top Bottom