• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Someone mentioned it the other day, but leading up to the release of Destiny 2, they really should do a quick relaunch of all the raids, make everything drop at current LL's and just go ape shit with all weapons, from years 1-3. Who cares if a LL 400 Icebreaker or Fatebringer messes shit up. Just have one last send off with all our favorite raids and weapons.

Someone mentioned it the other day, but leading up to the release of Destiny 2, they really should do a quick relaunch of all the raids, make everything drop at current LL's and just go ape shit with all weapons, from years 1-3. Who cares if a LL 400 Icebreaker or Fatebringer messes shit up. Just have one last send off with all our favorite raids and weapons.
I personally would love if they beefed up difficulty, and made it so you can equip all exotics.

vin-buc

The exotic swords are completely worth it, though. Best trick is not to try and blast out through all in one go - I just got my Raze Lighter and just did it in about six small sessions of 1-2 rare materials per run, which is the most I could stomach before exploding in boredom.

All of the quests work the best when you try to get them all together, rather than trying to isolate them and grind out one by one. Raze Lighter is amazing for bursting down captains in any part of the raid without blasting yourself in the face.

Excellent advice. I feel like i get addicted to finishing everything as quickly as possible (this is a problem i have). My son gets Thorn quest - i finish it in about 4 hours non-stop. My OP quest - i'm up to 2nd code entering in a few hours. I'll eventually go after the sword but it's no longer a priority. About how awesome the sword is - i know. Was playing with 2 guys in Archon's Forge with swords and they were just destroying everything out of perfected offerings. It was insane.

I'm kinda happy (if true) that Destiny 2 will be a new game. I'll feel more even with everyone even if i'm lagging a bit (it won't be by years).

Shito

Meh, really no use for a LL400 Ice Breaker now that they nerfed it and fixed the ammo refill glitch. :(
Used to be a game changer and the best friend of the people who enjoyed soloing the NF, that's too sad.

Ambitious

Icebreaker was the go-to for Raids and NFs. Shame it's obsolete now.

I miss Y1 Nightfalls. Finding cheese spots and chipping away at the boss with IB while always being at risk of being returned to orbit in case of a wipe was part of the fun for me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Time for the first actual WotM Newbie Raid, tomorrow afternoon!

Saturday, 10/22 at 4:30PM Eastern - Wrath of the Machine - Normal Mode

Minimum Light level is 365. If you're close but not quite there by tomorrow afternoon and haven't yet cleared WotM for the first time, feel free to sign up. Anyone is welcome, including anyone who simply wishes to help, but I would like to prioritize those who haven't beaten it yet.

No prior knowledge or specific loadouts are required- just patience and the ability to not take things too seriously! Raids are all about incremental progress. We want to laugh at our wipes and improve- not get angry. :)

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

(5 spots remaining)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seafood is in Mexico. His presence is required.

You have a lifetime membership if you tell me the patriots are the worst team ever LiK.

Renoir

so, i was watching arreckz video about xur's stock. Hawkmoon is on should i get it or palindrome. i read earlier post and they kept saying that hawkmoon was ok. hawkmoon look so cool though.

I wasn't having any luck getting Exotic engrams to drop today but did have a Skeleton Key drop . I used it on the Abomination Heist Strike Hoard to get the Hunter Gauntlets to infuse which is the last 400 LL piece of gear I needed to reach 400 LL overall.

Getting my Titan and Warlock there should be a breeze now through Exotic infusing.

I cannot recommend playing Crucible enough even if competitive multiplayer isn't your thing as it's a goldmine for weapon and class item infusion fodder especially once you hit 399 LL so you can essentially have a collection of your favorite primaries, specials, and heavies all at 400 LL..

I wasn't having any luck getting Exotic engrams to drop today but did have a Skeleton Key drop . I used it on the Abomination Heist Strike Hoard to get the Hunter Gauntlets which is the last 400 LL piece of gear I needed to reach 400 LL overall.

Getting my Titan and Warlock there should be a breeze now through Exotic infusing.

I cannot recommend playing Crucible enough even if competitive multiplayer isn't your thing as it's a goldmine for weapon and class item infusion fodder especially once you hit 399 LL so you can essentially have a collection of your favorite primaries, specials, and heavies all at 400 LL..
Any particular crucible mode faster than another? I'd like to try some crucible, but I don't regularly play it. Also, I'm light 386. Crucible still worth it for me?

Jabronium

Any particular crucible mode faster than another? I'd like to try some crucible, but I don't regularly play it. Also, I'm light 386. Crucible still worth it for me?

Mayhem clash is currently the weekly. Matches in that are only 7 minutes, compared to 10+ in other modes. Otherwise, Rift seems to be the go-to, since it only takes 3-4 dunks to get a mercy.

One more crucible match to finish this part of the Thorn quest and my PS4 hard locks. Now I can't log back in. Feelsbadman

I play Supremacy when looking for weapon drops as matches are pretty quick but I actually enjoy it as well.

Yeah, it's definitely worth it as you will get weapon/class item drops at 1-2 LL over your current LL. You might even find some of the weapons useful but I mainly used them for infusion purposes.

You don't get drops every match though as it's still RNG.

Edit: Don't forget to pop Three of Coins for a chance at Exotic engram drops as well.

kadab

Time for the first actual WotM Newbie Raid, tomorrow afternoon!

Saturday, 10/22 at 4:30PM Eastern - Wrath of the Machine - Normal Mode

Minimum Light level is 365. If you're close but not quite there by tomorrow afternoon and haven't yet cleared WotM for the first time, feel free to sign up. Anyone is welcome, including anyone who simply wishes to help, but I would like to prioritize those who haven't beaten it yet.

No prior knowledge or specific loadouts are required- just patience and the ability to not take things too seriously! Raids are all about incremental progress. We want to laugh at our wipes and improve- not get angry. :)

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

(5 spots remaining)
Sent a PM

BLCKATK

I'm hoping the Festival of the Lost quests are a little more "festive" this time around. I'd like to get the items, but if the crates are hard to get and the quests are lackluster, this is going to be forgotten about, quick.

I wouldn't be surprised if everything on the right was only available from the paid boxes.
I would totally throw $ at the screen for the ghost ghost.
Hi Luke!

CvTkI1_WcAA9-do

Deku Tree

So the skeleton mask is not obtainable this year for money?

It looks like the thriller dance is back at Tess.

I might pay money for some of that stuff directly but I hate RNG boxes. I refuse to support them. Will not buy.

FyreWulff

it's a bit of a shame Icebreaker is never coming back because it breaks the game so much, mostly because it has a pretty cool model. Most of the other ones are "a sniper, but with random stuff glued on it"

edit: IS THAT A FUCKING GHOST DRESSED AS A GHOST

If you are connected to Destiny don't go back to title screen, PSN servers are screwy and its hard to get back on.

This is a great week for battlefield 1 to come online, I feel kinda done with RoI. While I haven't beaten hard mode raid, I've never really been a fan of hard mode since the pressure of "DONT DIE" flips the game from fun to unfun to me. I really, really, really do like however how they have structured the game now that you can achieve 400 LL without ever stepping foot in the raid, and that the raid mobs cap out at LL 400 so if a full team of 400s go into it, they will have a relatively easier time, unlike previous raids where you were always way below mobs. Skolas especially, grrrr.

In a month or so after the next iron banner I'll probably run heroic raid a few times just to clear out the book, I did it yesterday in a pug at 392 and we got up to aksis but it was a lot of wipes and the only fight I had fun in was zamboni due to the chaos but also constant movement. Looking forward to festival though, adding the masks kiosk was awesome.

Deku Tree

If you are connected to Destiny don't go back to title screen, PSN servers are screwy and its hard to get back on.

This is a great week for battlefield 1 to come online, I feel kinda done with RoI. While I haven't beaten hard mode raid, I've never really been a fan of hard mode since the pressure of "DONT DIE" flips the game from fun to unfun to me. I really, really, really do like however how they have structured the game now that you can achieve 400 LL without ever stepping foot in the raid, and that the raid mobs cap out at LL 400 so if a full team of 400s go into it, they will have a relatively easier time, unlike previous raids where you were always way below mobs. Skolas especially, grrrr.

In a month or so after the next iron banner I'll probably run heroic raid a few times just to clear out the book, I did it yesterday in a pug at 392 and we got up to aksis but it was a lot of wipes and the only fight I had fun in was zamboni due to the chaos but also constant movement. Looking forward to festival though, adding the masks kiosk was awesome.

Nothing in the HM raid goes over 390. 391 is over leveled for it.

Vosiks is the hardest encounter in the HM raid because so many adds and people think six people have to throw six bombs at the same time. (Doing three bombs twice works just the same, and then you can have the other player dedicated to clearing adds.)

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
How often do Public Events happen in the Plaguelands. Been waiting 20 minutes and nothing. And fuck the matchmaking in Archon Forge. Jesus Christ...

noomi

I thought I was going to catch up to quantum break and some shows this weekend, but noooo they had to make the lost fest have cool stuff.

Shells, masks, sparrows, shaders... need.it.all.

I wouldn't be surprised if everything on the right was only available from the paid boxes.
I would totally throw $ at the screen for the ghost ghost.
Hi Luke!

That ghost Ghost tho

edit: derp, I didn't highlight spoiler text before replying. Glad we're in agreement lol

Deku Tree

How often do Public Events happen in the Plaguelands. Been waiting 20 minutes and nothing. And fuck the matchmaking in Archon Forge. Jesus Christ...

If you walk slowly (crouch walk) from outside the first stairs from the plaugelands all the way through the tunnels into AF then you match with people. Running through or sparrowibf through doesn't give the matchmaking time to work properly and puts you instead into a solo instance.

I thought I was going to catch up to quantum break and some shows this weekend, but noooo they had to make the lost fest have cool stuff.

Shells, masks, sparrows, shaders... need.it.all.

festival doesn't start till next tue, oct 25. You can finish Quantum Break in 15 hours or less, although you'd need to play the game twice to platinum it. The worst part is the 20 minute TV episodes after each chapter, just have to sit and watch them

Good to know the LL of mobs cap out at 390 in HM, I thought all the stuff in aksis 2 was 400.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
If you walk slowly (crouch walk) from outside the first stairs from the plaugelands all the way through the tunnels into AF then you match with people. Running through or sparrowibf through doesn't give the matchmaking time to work properly and puts you instead into a solo instance.

I know this. I duckwalked for 30 minutes and never found a match. I heard the damn alert, but never got matched.

http://destinypublicevents.com/ is accurate within a few minutes or so

One started abotu five minutes after the post. Thanks.

Top Bottom