• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

You can earn more than one radiant treasure?

I have been waiting for a Days or Iron Ornament since my first week when i got one. Turns out you need two for each armor piece to activate the Fire armor.

*snip*

The weekly radiant treasure you get from heroic strikes may randomly contain a Days of Iron ornament for the book armor.

Oh! got it. forgot about that radiant treasure since i haven't bothered to go chase it. XD

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Got Truth today. Is it better than Gally? Hmm... decisions, decisions.

I got the Midi tool yesterday, but the RoI Raid Scout does better damage, at a lower light level no less, to all enemy types than the Midi.

No Bureau of Aeronautics ornament this week. Fuck you, Xur.

I got the Midi tool yesterday, but the RoI Raid Scout does better damage, at a lower light level no less, to all enemy types than the Midi.

For PvP... fuck yes. Truth all day every single day over Horn. For adds in PvE no. Horn over Truth.

Zakalwe

Banned

Truth is the PvP god tier launcher. The aggressive tracking is killer.

Hedera

Special shoutout to Team One_Man_Down! That was a great run, and also great fun!
Much clutch.

Because TotP and because I miss it, my fave:
latest

JJShadow

Special shoutout to Team One_Man_Down! That was a great run, and also great fun!

Haha yeah, that was truly amazing: we 5-manned Vosiks, 4-manned Zamboni and finally 5-manned Aksys

Thanks to Festwill, hedera, bizz, Silvard and wild_whiskey for carrying me through my first HM raid, you guys did an amazing job down there!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/destinypedia/images/8/83/ROI_Ice_Breaker.png/revision/latest?cb=20160923032350

:'(

I'm bringing her out in the crucible tonight in remembrance. Was my favorite Exotic. Man i miss cheesing everything with IceBreaker. Finding the most creative places/ways that actually ended up being more difficult than if we'd have played the strikes/missions/nightfalls as designed lol.

Lima

So what weapon loadout and strategies are everyone using for HM Vosik?

Are you forgoing single target boss damage weapons like Spindle and Snipers and using more mob-clearing weapons like Fusions/Shotguns, RL's and swords?

Are you using your Supers almost as soon as they are ready to maintain add control and keep orbs generating?

It just seems like from what I've read and watched it doesn't make sense to be conservative with your Supers and even Heavy ammo -- using often for adds and Captains is better than dying, even if it means a Bubble or Tether may not be ready for a damage phase. Am I on the right track? We are trying tomorrow. We should be all over 390 except for a few likely high 380's.

Staying alive is the number one priority in hard mode.

If that means sacrificing one of the bombs to kill the captain (it kills them in one hit) or using your super to stay alive then do it.

My load out is Imago Loop, Ex Machina and Sleeper.

And as much as I hate the Outbreak it is not a bad choice for the fight. In case you have 3 or more hunters only have two on tether. You can squeeze in three tethers but golden gun nighthawk comes in handy.

Clunker

As a new Destiny player I'm trying to catch up and the WoTM talk is all about that Dark Drinker. I was all excited about going after it until I saw Datto's video on "how-to".

Lol - no thank you.
The exotic swords are completely worth it, though. Best trick is not to try and blast out through all in one go - I just got my Raze Lighter and just did it in about six small sessions of 1-2 rare materials per run, which is the most I could stomach before exploding in boredom.

All of the quests work the best when you try to get them all together, rather than trying to isolate them and grind out one by one. Raze Lighter is amazing for bursting down captains in any part of the raid without blasting yourself in the face.

Vic_Viper

Anyone on PS4 up for trying the Nightfall, got a few hours before work?

PSN Squadon
LL368 Warlock

Anyone picking up Battlefield today?

Wasnt sure I was going to until I tried out the trial with Origin Access. The new Operations mode is soo much fun! Bought it after playing it for a few hours.

The exotic swords are completely worth it, though. Best trick is not to try and blast out through all in one go - I just got my Raze Lighter and just did it in about six small sessions of 1-2 rare materials per run, which is the most I could stomach before exploding in boredom.

All of the quests work the best when you try to get them all together, rather than trying to isolate them and grind out one by one. Raze Lighter is amazing for bursting down captains in any part of the raid without blasting yourself in the face.

that mat-hunting was the worst. but, if you use the zone-edge trick, then you can optimize the results. you find a mat-spawn on the edge of zone, harvest it, hop on your sparrow, zoom away until the zone name changes, and then back - it'll be respawned. you can do this repeatedly until someone breaks your rhythm by harvesting. SO, if you really want to prevent people from doing that to you, change your PS4 time by a day back, then land in the patrol zone. doing it that way took about an hour and a half of pure grind, but it works.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thought about it but playing Destiny and IW this weekend then fo-sure day-one'ing TF2 next weekend. Then it's IW:MWR the following week. Will be taking a break from Destiny... perfect timing really.

Yeah, my Destiny time is probably nearing an end, will probably switch to BF. I've retired from COD. Wish Destiny had something to work towards, but reaching 400 light isn't really a goal since nothing actually changes at 400 light.

Nah, I'm expecting a sale during BF. Never got into BF MP so I don't wanna pay full price for a campaign.

I heard the campaign is better than in other BFs, but it's still not worth more than 10 or 15 bucks.

Nah. Beta left me wanting. Going to be picking up Titanfall 2 and maaaybe Call of Duty.

I didn't do the beta, but I've been a big fan of BF since 1942, so I don't think it can fail in my eyes.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I get the "insufficient drive space" notification for a PS4 update, and this patch made me clear 50gb before I could proceed. Is this the norm for updates? What are they putting in these things anyway?

shermas

Much clutch.

Because TotP and because I miss it, my fave:

Loved the IceBreaker... feel like it changed the game for me.

On a side note, I love Rift. When you click as a team, grab the spark and just clear the enemies with supers over and over, it's so much fun.

Ragarra

Looking for 1 guardian for HM Wotm, planning to start 830pm eastern this evening on psn.

2. VincentAlexander
3. Keakster
4. Ragarra
5. Snake__
6. xTHExSHEPx

Top Bottom