• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Fistwell

Haha yeah, that was truly amazing: we 5-manned Vosiks, 4-manned Zamboni and finally 5-manned Aksys

Thanks to Festwill, hedera, bizz, Silvard and wild_whiskey for carrying me through my first HM raid, you guys did an amazing job down there!
It's fair to say we all carried each others equally lol. You had the most amazing save on an empowered right, where I had drifted off middle to throw a bomb.

Zakalwe

Banned
So the skeleton mask is not obtainable this year for money?

It looks like the thriller dance is back at Tess.

I might pay money for some of that stuff directly but I hate RNG boxes. I refuse to support them. Will not buy.

I don't mind them for purely cosmetic stuff... in games that aren't full price.

In Destiny they should allow us to buy things directly. We already pay full price for the content. At least it's not gear that affects things.

Oh shit, just noticed the raisins are now showing as ascendant raisins in DIM
WwPh1MA.png

noomi

festival doesn't start till next tue, oct 25. You can finish Quantum Break in 15 hours or less, although you'd need to play the game twice to platinum it. The worst part is the 20 minute TV episodes after each chapter, just have to sit and watch them

Good to know the LL of mobs cap out at 390 in HM, I thought all the stuff in aksis 2 was 400.

Oh really? Awesome, I thought it was starting as soon as Trials started today. Good to know, thanks!

Quantum Break and TV Catch up then! WOOOO!

X-Frame

Nothing in the HM raid goes over 390. 391 is over leveled for it.

Vosiks is the hardest encounter in the HM raid because so many adds and people think six people have to throw six bombs at the same time. (Doing three bombs twice works just the same, and then you can have the other player dedicated to clearing adds.)

Really? It's the same overall damage for 3 people to throw twice compared to 6 at the same time?

Do the 3 throwers need to throw immediately after or can there be a brief delay? (e.g. 3 pick up a forward Bomb, walk back to the rear Bomb and stand over it then countdown to throw. Then they just rapid fire both bombs).

Fistwell

Really? It's the same overall damage for 3 people to throw twice compared to 6 at the same time?
I think the first bomb does 2000ish dmg, follow ups do 131K. So by doing two batches of 3, you lose a 131K for a 2K. Then again, if 6 at the same time makes it easier to mis-time one, I guess one could argue it's sort of equivalent. Raw numbers are different though, and 6 at a time makes the event go quicker. To each their own I guess, whatever works for you. And I think having a team working well together is more important than choosing one option over the other.

Zakalwe

Banned
3 mayhem matches in a row top scorer. 1 strange coin each time. Starting to remember why I don't do crucible...I'll give this 2 more rounds.

Never play standard crucible for the drops. Play it for fun, use 3oC, the drops are a bonus if they happen.

To be fair though, PvE doesn't reward players for doing better, and Trials exists for PvP players who wanted to be rewarded for skill. The systems is fine.

Atkison04

Anyone on ps4 want to run normal raid around 8:30pm est tonight? Want to take my warlock thru. I'll post again when the time gets closer.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Never play standard crucible for the drops. Play it for fun, use 3oC, the drops are a bonus if they happen.

To be fair though, PvE doesn't reward players for doing better, and Trials exists for PvP players who wanted to be rewarded for skill. The systems is fine.

I did the Rift weekly bounty the other day. 7 games dropped two exotics, two 395 weapons (i was 393) and of course the weekly bounty also dropped a higher light level item.

the yesterday played a few crucible games and got two 397 snipers at 395 light. its probably the easiest way to level up at the moment if you can stomach the unbalanced nature of the PVP.

Zakalwe

Banned
Raid dudes: I forgot we were in FT chat and bailed. Thanks for the run, real shame about the party chat issues but we'll get that final phase when the ddos bs is done with.

I did the Rift weekly bounty the other day. 7 games dropped two exotics, two 395 weapons (i was 393) and of course the weekly bounty also dropped a higher light level item.

the yesterday played a few crucible games and got two 397 snipers at 395 light. its probably the easiest way to level up at the moment if you can stomach the unbalanced nature of the PVP.

You had a very lucky streak. It's far too rng to call it the easiest. I've gone dozens of games with nothing decent.

When it works for you it works really well though. It does sometimes rain loot.

Yeah. No more crucible for me. Got my first legendary drop after 6 games. Same level light as bond I have. Crucible isn't very fun for me personally, so I guess I'll just stick with hard raid.

Do the 3 throwers need to throw immediately after or can there be a brief delay? (e.g. 3 pick up a forward Bomb, walk back to the rear Bomb and stand over it then countdown to throw. Then they just rapid fire both bombs).

Im 99% sure its not the same dmg if you don't throw them all at once. If you do the 3 at a time twice you have to do one more cycle of bombs (which is not the end of the world), if you throw all 6 you can dmg him right after the first captains die.

Private, Grave and everyone else. Thanks for the run sucks that the bored children have knocked out the DNS servers on the east coast, I just got popped completely off PSN so I think we called it at the right time.

LiK

Man, guess no raid or PVP tonight with the server issues from what people have been experiencing here. I'll just play some PSVR games instead.

X-Frame

Im 99% sure its not the same dmg if you don't throw them all at once. If you do the 3 at a time twice you have to do one more cycle of bombs (which is not the end of the world), if you throw all 6 you can dmg him right after the first captains die.

True, but then if just 1 person misses their Bomb you have to do an extra cycle anyway, right?

Sort of seems like an okay strategy to minimize deaths and plan for an extra cycle than gamble on everyone hitting every Bomb.

thabiz

Private, Grave and everyone else. Thanks for the run sucks that the bored children have knocked out the DNS servers on the east coast, I just got popped completely off PSN so I think we called it at the right time.

Yep. I just came back to say let's do some forge, picked up the control and was promptly booted from psn.

We will finish it off when this bullshit is over with.

Lee

The iron lord mask with the axe sticking out it's head caught me off guard.

N-431+-+Behemoth+has+an+axe+stuck+in+his+head.jpg

I'll probably spend some silver next week.

Lee

In that video it looks like Eva sells a selection of masks (video shows Speaker, Cryptarch, Crota). I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a 2015 mystery bag for sale. People might still be able to get the blue skull mask.

So the Spark of Light I received for buying Destiny The Collection digitally on PS4 is only the Level 25 one, I thought you were supposed to get a Level 40 one?

Top Bottom