• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Jinjo

In that video it looks like Eva sells a selection of masks (video shows Speaker, Cryptarch, Crota). I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a 2015 mystery bag for sale. People might still be able to get the blue skull mask.

The skull mask says 2015-exclusive, so I'm pretty sure it's not returning. It was exclusive if you were there for the event last year. Seems the burning wolf mask is the exclusive mask or this year. All the other old masks are available in the new boxes.

It's sorta annoying they made the Bad Juju ornaments only possible drops though, and even then just limited them to the mask boxes. I'm not gonna buy mask boxes for ornaments. So hopefully they come to the normal radiant treasure boxes too eventually.

More than two years in and people still don't want to accept the post-match loot is just pure RNG.

I just dont understand this. It's a coin flip. No correlation to how well/poorly you did. People just need to realize it's like pulling a slot machine lever post ever match. Esp. if you run 3oC. I personally think it's great fun and I seem to land legendaries every 3 or so matches and an exotic every 5 or so.

True, but then if just 1 person misses their Bomb you have to do an extra cycle anyway, right?

Sort of seems like an okay strategy to minimize deaths and plan for an extra cycle than gamble on everyone hitting every Bomb.

Actually, if one person misses a bomb with the strat i mentioned it might even be better lol, because then on the next cycle one bomb takes down his shield and the other 5 do a shit ton of damage. That happened a few times witt my group. Anyway, whatever works is just fine, my group didn't have trouble throwing all 6 at the same time and staying alive.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Im 99% sure its not the same dmg if you don't throw them all at once. If you do the 3 at a time twice you have to do one more cycle of bombs (which is not the end of the world), if you throw all 6 you can dmg him right after the first captains die.

The first bomb does roughly 2k damage with the subsequent bombs doing ~13k damage each.

If you throw all six at once, you do 13k*5 + 2k = 67k damage to his shields.

If you throw three at a time, you do 13k*2 + 2k = 28k damage * 2 for a total of 56k damage.

I am not sure but I think his shields have a total of 200k damage absorption because we were able to go to the DPS phase after 3 rounds of chucking 6 bombs at the same time without missing any shots.

We had to go to the fourth round every time we missed a bomb.

Actually, if one person misses a bomb with the strat i mentioned it might even be better lol, because then on the next cycle one bomb takes down his shield and the other 5 do a shit ton of damage. That happened a few times witt my group. Anyway, whatever works is just fine, my group didn't have trouble throwing all 6 at the same time and staying alive.

Yep. come to think of it, this might be the challenge mode. Take him down in two DPS phases and the best way to do that is to save bombs and do 100k damage to him.

X-Frame

The first bomb does roughly 2k damage with the subsequent bombs doing ~13k damage each.

If you throw three at a time, you do 13k*2 + 2k = 28k damage * 2 for a total of 56k damage.

I am not sure but I think his shields have a total of 200k damage absorption because we were able to go to the DPS phase after 3 rounds of chucking 6 bombs at the same time without missing any shots.

Yep. come to think of it, this might be the challenge mode. Take him down in two DPS phases and the best way to do that is to save bombs and do 100k damage to him.

But doesn't a WoL buffed Sleeper shot do almost 50K damage? So 1 WoL Sleeper show is stronger than 3 Hard Mode bombs? Or am I misunderstanding the math ..

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
But doesn't a WoL buffed Sleeper shot do almost 50K damage? So 1 WoL Sleeper show is stronger than 3 Hard Mode bombs? Or am I misunderstanding the math ..

Bombs do less damage to the shields. They max out at 13k.

Once you have the shields down they do a lot more damage. I didnt throw any bombs in the DPS phase last night, but on normal it was 100k. Only two bombs drop in the middle phase. If you time it so that you bring his SHIELD down to 95% on the third round (when the captains show up), on the NEXT round, you can throw all six bombs at the boss with the first two doing 2k+13k damage to take out his shield and then the other four doing 100k damage each.

Of course, with amount of adds its pretty much impossible to coordinate anything like that on hard mode at the moment.

Anyone on Xbox One want to put together a normal WotM group sometime this evening? It would be my first time but I'm a very exerienced raider and know the strats. Help would be great. Let me know.

Lima

Playing the raid over and over again to farm fragments is my new favorite thing in PvE. I love helping people out and getting rewarded at the same time is even better.

Hzoltan69

Your numbers are way off: full damage is ~130k not 13k.

Thanks for the AF run Grave. PSN wouldn't let me message you lol; I was hoping to get a warlock in with us so that I could finish the second step of my OP quest, but oh well. Looks like there's all kinds of connection issues everywhere.

Deku Tree

So I finally beat HM WotM and didn't get a weapon...wtf?? I got the helmet but I thought weapons were guaranteed..

Your lucky that you didn't get only a class item. also bring a key to get a double drop.

Helmet
Pulse
Handcannon
Class item

Your guaranteed one of those.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Mother of Fuck!

I've been in AF for 2 hours

Ready for loot stats

8 Ghosts - 397-399
4 Class Items - 395-398
3 Artifacts - 397-398

Rare Engrams - 115, 68 Armor; 47 Weapon
Legendary Engrams - 25

Sweet Jesus...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
A SEA of FUCKING ORBS!

EVERYWHERE!

FCVW4jx.jpg

1 Person can join on me
Were tearing shit up

Top Bottom