• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

eggydoo

If anyone doing raid and not minding someone who hasn't done full run yet, please let know.
366 warlock. Ran up to first boss encounter just to try it, but we were underleveled at the time.

Bit of weapon advice, which roll is the most divine?

Hawksaw
-Hammer Forged, Rangefinder, Hand-Lack Stock. SLO-12. (Stability is completely maxed)
-Fitted Stock, Full Auto, Smallbore. SLO-12 and SPO-28

Does Full Auto have much effect on Pulse Rifles? First roll is otherwise more stable, and I assume Rangefinder essentially makes up for the small difference in range?

Also have a pair of The Waltz that intrigue me;
-Arrmor Piercing Rounds, Perfect Balance, Headseeker
-High Calibur Rounds, Secret Round/Smallbore, Rangefiner

Arrrammis

Just in case anyone was curious, the flawless ToO ornament still only gives 1 silver dust when you dismantle it.

Thankfully I didn't test it myself, some poor person on Reddit did.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Year three Pre-IB training. Get in line people.

Train2.gif

Agent

GG Agent. Good farming run. We got it down super solid. I love using the Zhalo for it.

Yeah, good stuff. Quick runs and I almost got a full Vanguard/New Monarchy rank up and got a Cryptarch rank up. I think the only time things slowed down were when a teammate had the artifact that turned enemies into friendly mobs so we had to wait to kill it to proceed to the next wave. That artifact is somewhat annoying when you're trying to speed run through things.

Zhalo is great for strikes. Supers over and over to chain orbs with teammates.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Trains get full fast.

Now powered by Netduma. I am totally not sponsored by them.

Trains are usually mixed up to keep things fresh. You want a drink then go get one.

You know, there's a lot to complain about with destiny but for the sake of my own sanity I tuck most of the shit in a folder called "fuck it" and just keep playing. My experience in trials tonight has me ready to seek and destroy Bungies server farm. And kick whoever setup/design/implemented the match making in his fucking teeth.

Why am I playing trials flawless guys on my first match?
Why is the road to 5 wins a straight shot then the bars go red and yellow?
Why is damage not registering for point blank shots?
Why does the guy with the red bar have the most kills?

Why bungie? Do you guys play this shit? Are you aware of the problem? Fuck

DjRalford

You know, there's a lot to complain about with destiny but for the sake of my own sanity I tuck most of the shit in a folder called "fuck it" and just keep playing. My experience in trials tonight has me ready to seek and destroy Bungies server farm. And kick whoever setup/design/ implemented the match making in his fucking teeth.

Why is damage not registering for point blank shits?

Yeah red barring is really frustrating, had someone in crucible take 2 rockets with no damage, they just ran, jumped, and blinked towards me and killed me instantly, with a shotgun.

You know, there's a lot to complain about with destiny but for the sake of my own sanity I tuck most of the shit in a folder called "fuck it" and just keep playing. My experience in trials tonight has me ready to seek and destroy Bungies server farm. And kick whoever setup/design/implemented the match making in his fucking teeth.

Why is damage not registering for point blank shots?

owlbeak

Anyone up for Trials? I'm a 370 Titan (Hung Jury, Ether Nova, Jellyhorn/Nemesis Star) looking for some people to play with. My friends all went to bed. :'(

I'm not super great, but I am pretty good. Usually at least 1.0KD. :-]

Bird_Murder PSN

Is that ultra in the crashed cabal ship on the dreadnaught the fastest way to farm legendary engrams?

Fastest if you just want 3-4 kills, if you have a ton of 3oC to burn the fastest is just run the last story mission, the one where you kill a bunch of big guys at the end with an axe. Pop a coin before you start, kill one big guy with an axe, pop another coin, kill 2nd guy with axe, wipe to third guy, rinse and repeat. Each has a chance at exotic so you can farm 2 every 5 minutes or so.

If your own team mate grabs a crest it counts as a kill for you, so its not a big deal to snipe in supremacy. its denied though if the enemy grabs it.

I really don't understand Trials matchmaking at all. Not once have I felt we were paired against an equal team. It's either been we get our asses pancaked or we're curbstomping some kids, with the latter happening far less than the former.

Either way, it's lopsided as hell.

soultron

Banned
The raid shotty is /heaven on earf/ in Supremacy. If you pressure the special ammo spawns, you can basically run with it out for half the match. Combine that with the infinite sprint artifact for extra fun.

Zocano

So the trials shotgun has every range+ perk on it and it's just shy of max impact.

Huh.

edit: For clarification: Rangefinder, Hand Loaded, and Hammer Forged. With choice of Accurized or Smooth ballistics (or cqb ballistics but lol).

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Fastest if you just want 3-4 kills, if you have a ton of 3oC to burn the fastest is just run the last story mission, the one where you kill a bunch of big guys at the end with an axe. Pop a coin before you start, kill one big guy with an axe, pop another coin, kill 2nd guy with axe, wipe to third guy, rinse and repeat. Each has a chance at exotic so you can farm 2 every 5 minutes or so.

If your own team mate grabs a crest it counts as a kill for you, so its not a big deal to snipe in supremacy. its denied though if the enemy grabs it.

That is a pretty good spot. Thank you. I really want a jade rabbit.

GhaleonEB

So when you find all of those fusion rifle looking parts as you go through the Taken King missions, and turn them into the gunsmith, doesn't he give you something for them once you have them all?

I just gave him the 3rd or 4th one, and he said something like, "eh, take the gun," in the text screen. Out loud, he said, "Take care of that gun."

But he didn't give me a gun. The part I turned in did rank him up, though, so I got a faction package of some motes and coins. But no gun. Was he supposed to give me one then, or is there another step?

Zocano

But he didn't give me a gun. The part I turned in did rank him up, though, so I got a faction package of some motes and coins. But no gun. Was he supposed to give me one then, or is there another step?

I think a quest is supposed to trigger for you to do in the cosmodrome but it skipped over it?

lt519

5 hours to get to
Aksis second phase
going in completely blind. 4 team members are seeing red enemies so don't think we can do it. But god damn was that a fun raid. Such fun mechanics. We struggled on
1st phase
for some odd reason, that took us the longest.

Very fun, Destiny raids are again proving to be the best thing in gaming blind.

Edit: we still have no fucking clue how to beat this second phase haha

Top Bottom