• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
/sigh. No ghost ghost for me.

Do the Eva Quest, the ones wearing a mask and completing objectives

The last step earns you 1 Box

So if you have 3 Toons, 3 chances...

First is easy, wear Green Engram mask, get 25 Crucible kills

Next, All I did was stay in Archer's Line (Moon, 1st starting area), fill up my bag till Event
Would wear Cryptarch till event and finish grabbing 10 Engrams
Event occurs, Swap to Tiger Mask
(Yes you can do Forge, but a good drop might occur and your -40 LL, I'd be pissed, I had time on my hand, but up to you time wise)
Run to tower
Grab new empty bag
Decrypt blues
Back to Archers Line (Moon)
Event occurs every 15 minutes or so

Last step is wear Tower mask and do a Stolen Rune (Tier 2) in CoO
Wear Speaker mask and do a Heroic Strike

Get 1 Loot box, do it for all 3, get 3 rolls and hopefully get lucky (you won't, RNGesus isn't a giving loot deity)

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Finally I reached 380 level light, in my case its great I lost ( someone hacked my old Psn ID ) and all my characters gone and the whole data gone too so I started from zero . Now I reached this level without playing any raid ( TTK and WOTM) .. but its really sad thing cuz all my exotic weapons lost with that ID :(

Melchiah

Finally I reached 380 level light, in my case its great I lost ( someone hacked my old Psn ID ) and all my characters gone and the whole data gone too so I started from zero . Now I reached this level without playing any raid ( TTK and WOTM) .. but its really sad thing cuz all my exotic weapons lost with that ID :(

I've reached 383 without playing the new raid as well. Sorry to hear about the loss of exotics.

Jabronium

I just tried the Keystone scout, that I got from Dead Orbit, and I'm really liking its explosive rounds perk and noticeably higher impact than the good old Hung Jury has.

I bought the vendor one and got another that has Outlaw/Firefly. Even though the latter kicks quite a bit with no stability perks, I find it pretty beastly.

Sky Walker

Banshee brought me my perfect Eirene sniper for raids !

Triple Tap + CasketMag + Shoot to Loot.

Tested it out in a run and god it's perfect for my play style !

Thanks bunshie :p

gunawi

I just tried the Keystone scout, that I got from Dead Orbit, and I'm really liking its explosive rounds perk and noticeably higher impact than the good old Hung Jury has.

This is my go to weapon for WoTM raid and pretty much everything. Keystone 01 scout with explosive rounds will 1 shot shanks and 1 headshot dregs.

Do the Eva Quest, the ones wearing a mask and completing objectives

The last step earns you 1 Box

So if you have 3 Toons, 3 chances...

First is easy, wear Green Engram mask, get 25 Crucible kills

Next, All I did was stay in Archer's Line (Moon, 1st starting area), fill up my bag till Event
Would wear Cryptarch till event and finish grabbing 10 Engrams
Event occurs, Swap to Tiger Mask
(Yes you can do Forge, but a good drop might occur and your -40 LL, I'd be pissed, I had time on my hand, but up to you time wise)
Run to tower
Grab new empty bag
Decrypt blues
Back to Archers Line (Moon)
Event occurs every 15 minutes or so

Last step is wear Tower mask and do a Stolen Rune (Tier 2) in CoO
Wear Speaker mask and do a Heroic Strike

Get 1 Loot box, do it for all 3, get 3 rolls and hopefully get lucky (you won't, RNGesus isn't a giving loot deity)

Shit. Ill pay 5 bucks NOT to do that lol.

JJShadow

Yesterday I confirmed that doing the weekly raid is the fastest method to increase your LL. I started the run sitting at 390 LL and left two hours later at 393 LL (almost 394), all the drops around 4-5 LL above mine

Aaaand I finally managed to get the Titan helmet, now I have the full raid set and it looks awesome

Yesterday I confirmed that doing the weekly raid is the fastest method to increase your LL. I started the run sitting at 390 LL and left two hours later at 393 LL (almost 394), all the drops around 4-5 LL above mine

Aaaand I finally managed to get the Titan helmet, now I have the full raid set and it looks awesome

Yeah if chest and boots were in strike chests that would be the fastest method IMO but as of right now Raid and Iron Banner is where its at.

Melchiah

I bought the vendor one and got another that has Outlaw/Firefly. Even though the latter kicks quite a bit with no stability perks, I find it pretty beastly.

This is my go to weapon for WoTM raid and pretty much everything. Keystone 01 scout with explosive rounds will 1 shot shanks and 1 headshot dregs.

Yeah, it worked very well against the perfected Servitors in the Forge yesterday. It's been ages since I've used anything else for primary than HR, apart from Tuonela with the Titan, and Zhalo in the occasional arc burn strike.

Here's the perks I got...
xpkec4W.jpg
Smallbore and Hidden Hand on top of the Explosive Rounds.

Love the Superblack shader as well.
Might replace Vallsgärde and Old Guard as my favorite.

Got everything from the treasure boxes last night AND reached 400 on my Titan with PvP gear.

Just need to get the emblem quest done tonight, striker shaders, and crucible shader.

I have a similar roll that really surprised the hell out of me in both PvE and the Crucible. It destroys enemies in strikes with the triple-tap and explosive rounds (proc can be iffy) and the lightweight, perfect balance make it feel like a slow fire, hard hitting MIDA. Hidden hand all around is one of my favorite perks... so underrated.

Why does Bungie's site and companion app only show Eververse under the Vendors at the moment? I would like to know whether Eva is selling new masks.

For HM Vosik, which of Left, Mid, and Right side defending is the easiest and which is considered the most difficult?

Left is easiest and middle and right I'd say are about equal. Adds come out of two doors on both left and right, but they only come out of the left out of one door or the other, on the right they come out simultaneously.

Why does Bungie's site and companion app only show Eververse under the Vendors at the moment? I would like to know whether Eva is selling new masks.

Vendors and the Extended Stats API have been having severe performance issues since Rise of Iron came out. I make a little app that uses them, so I keep tabs on it. Here's the most recent status. It should hopefully be resolved soon.

Off-topic, is anyone buying a physical copy of Skyrim Special Edition on Console? There's an Elder Scrolls Online cosmetic I'd love to have if you won't need it. PM me.
tLxP2HC.png

Left is easiest and middle and right I'd say are about equal. Adds come out of two doors on both left and right, but they only come out of the left out of one door or the other, on the right they come out simultaneously.

I've run hard and normal in all 3 positions in all sections of the raid and can say Middle is the most difficult in every single case where left and right positions are easiest. That's not saying they're easy... just easier compared to the center. I'll personally take right over left any day but center is just another matter.

That said... the raid isn't too difficult in any mode with appropriate light levels.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
finally completed my first 2 raids. vault of glass and crota's end. really disappointed in the loot i got but was pretty cool experience
Just to try and stave off any disappointment- none of the previous three raids give loot that is currently up to par in terms of light level. Of the 3, King's Fall loot is infusable up to current levels if you wish (though I don't like the weapons very much with the exception of the sniper and machine gun).

Some of the other weapons are also still quite usable in the Crucible. The VoG machine gun, Corrective Measure, remains one of my favorite PvP weapons after all this time.

But generally speaking, you don't run the legacy raids for usable loot at all- just for fun, collection and novelty.

Vendors and the Extended Stats API have been having severe performance issues since Rise of Iron came out. I make a little app that uses them, so I keep tabs on it. Here's the most recent status. It should hopefully be resolved soon.

Off-topic, is anyone buying a physical copy of Skyrim Special Edition on Console? There's an Elder Scrolls Online cosmetic I'd love to have if you won't need it. PM me.
tLxP2HC.png

I bought digital sorry :(
If i get a email with code i will give you a shout.

Just to try and stave off any disappointment- none of the previous three raids give loot that is currently up to par in terms of light level. Of the 3, King's Fall loot is infusable up to current levels if you wish (though I don't like the weapons very much with the exception of the sniper and machine gun).

Some of the other weapons are also still quite usable in the Crucible. The VoG machine gun, Corrective Measure, remains one of my favorite PvP weapons after all this time.

But generally speaking, you don't run the legacy raids for usable loot at all- just for fun, collection and novelty.

i figured that but i think from both raids i got 2 arm pieces and a fusion rifle. everything else was ascendant material

Silvard

For HM Vosik, which of Left, Mid, and Right side defending is the easiest and which is considered the most difficult?

Having ran all multiple times Left is by far the easiest. Middle and right are a toss up because 1) Middle has little cover from Vosik himself and the most constant stream of adds but 2) Right has a really screwed up forward bomb drop position that tends to be swarmed by fresh adds every time you go pick it up, and you can still get shot at or headshot-grenaded by adds in the middle.

I've run hard and normal in all 3 positions in all sections of the raid and can say Middle is the most difficult in every single case where left and right positions are easiest. That's not saying they're easy... just easier compared to the center. I'll personally take right over left any day but center is just another matter.

That said... the raid isn't too difficult in any mode with appropriate light levels.

I'd say middle is generally harder than left and right on Vosiks, the adds spawn closer, in one lump, and the boss is invariably shooting you too.

I've only done left on normal and right on hard...but I'd say right is *slightly* harder than left. The adds spawn in two places, and are also quite delayed at the start of the fight. They only *start* emerging as the first bombs drop so you have a whole wave to try and clear before picking up and throwing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i figured that but i think from both raids i got 2 arm pieces and a fusion rifle. everything else was ascendant material
Well okay, that is admittedly atrocious luck.

Unless the fusion rifle was called Praetorian Foil in which case never speak to me again

I'd say middle is generally harder than left and right on Vosiks, the adds spawn closer, in one lump, and the boss is invariably shooting you too.

I've only done left on normal and right on hard...but I'd say right is *slightly* harder than left. The adds spawn in two places, and are also quite delayed at the start of the fight. They only *start* emerging as the first bombs drop so you have a whole wave to try and clear before picking up and throwing.

Yeah that makes sense. All in all a raid noob should look to stick to the sides and should be fine there. That Vosiks hard mode center does kind of suck lol!

Yeah, it worked very well against the perfected Servitors in the Forge yesterday. It's been ages since I've used anything else for primary than HR, apart from Tuonela with the Titan, and Zhalo in the occasional arc burn strike.

Love the Superblack shader as well.

Might replace Vallsgärde and Old Guard as my favorite.

LOVE my Keystone 01! It was the first drop I had from Dead Orbit and I just can't use anything else. I had to use the raid pulse rifle for a bit since it brought me up an extra LL, but it was so much work having to two or three shot trash mobs. I finally got a 400 drop in crucible so I could put my workhorse back where it belongs...my only PVE primary.

As someone who just recently transitioned from a PvE player to mostly a PvP player... i'm starting to learn the newer metas and have been trying to collect the popular PvP weapons.

One that i just dont understand the following behind is this guy...

The Ash Factory
9b599b3a89f0b305b24d6fd263318f93.jpg

It seems like there are other much better legendary RLs out there with similar ultra-high blast radius that have better starting stats. Is there something i'm not getting here?

gunawi

LOVE my Keystone 01! It was the first drop I had from Dead Orbit and I just can't use anything else. I had to use the raid pulse rifle for a bit since it brought me up an extra LL, but it was so much work having to two or three shot trash mobs. I finally got a 400 drop in crucible so I could put my workhorse back where it belongs...my only PVE primary.

It's the 1st primary I infused up to 400. It's so good.
gduB9kf.png

what modes to play to rank up fastest. im at 40, but 320 light. already beat all the expansions on my old character, dont feel like redoing it with the new character

Melchiah

I have a similar roll that really surprised the hell out of me in both PvE and the Crucible. It destroys enemies in strikes with the triple-tap and explosive rounds (proc can be iffy) and the lightweight, perfect balance make it feel like a slow fire, hard hitting MIDA. Hidden hand all around is one of my favorite perks... so underrated.

Just upgraded mine to 385. =) Hopefully I can get another with explosive rounds and triple tap, but I'm not putting much faith on RNG.

Loving the combination of Fr0st-EE5 and Memory of Jolder as well. Works well in the Forge.

BTW, are you using the official website for those images?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I finally got my Seventh Column medal last night. not terribly skillful but awesome nonetheless. After the 4th kill or so, i could see the minimap pinging so I figured they had already spawned the 7th guy in and went for it.

Shax was going nuts and I was left shaking by the end.

giphy.gif

Full video with slow mo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fKhtLH29r0

SonComet

I liked it at first but yeah mines vaulted. Cryptic Dragon or whatever it's called I think is similar to Hung Jury though. Same RoF and impact anyway with a bigger magazine. Hung Jury is still better than any of them though afaik.
Pretty sure cryptic dragon is better than hung jury. Mine has triple tap, hand-laid stock, firefly and 19 in the magazine.

Top Bottom