• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It kind of works in your favor too. Basically move around the map slowly while covering each other's backs. Get the first kill and go ham on the others. You don't have to worry about covering dead bodies. Sunsingers and Bladedancers will obviously rule this week.

Today must be my lucky day. Having so many blues and purples turn into gold.

need 1 for a NM HotM. prefer to run through it quickly, if possible.
need to complete the raid step for Outbreak Prime

1.rasengan1337
2.appletz
3.taken
4.XxkatsuxX
5.taken

Zocano

Surely you can understand where I'm coming from? What if your favorite thing is Destiny was randomly and without warning made into something near unbearable? Wouldn't you be just a bit miffed.

Nah, I totally get you, and didn't make it clear that I empathized with you from my original post. I think world events like these are best when they are an across the board temp. change rather than specific things targetted that can penalized certain people like you.

Respectfully disagree.
What they should have done from the start is rotate spawns.

This would be a wonderful addition.

Respectfully disagree.
What they should have done from the start is rotate spawns.

As someone who came from thousands of hours of SOCOM (no respawn, no radar), Trials being billed as something for the elite of the elite by Bungie was always laughable to me. I guess this will be a agree to disagree moment.

Wooooooooow. Thorn is awful now. Why even bother bringing it back in year 3 if you are going to nerf the one thing that makes it exotic into the ground? Not a single poison kill across three rounds of supremacy. It is just a mediocre hand cannon now. WTF. Way to shit on the most fun gun in the game.

Reven

Leveling up new characters is a total pain. There is just so much stuff to do and seeing all these missions over drives my OCD crazy.

Renoir

anyone up for trials? Im a total newcomer got the game when ROI came out, Im about 372 LL right now. Never did trials though.
Im on ps4 Renard6647

also whee are the assassin patrols nodes in the plaguelands??

Toki767

Finally hit 400.

Cv6TggEUEAA6TTF.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't think casuals are even playing trials this week because of the fact. Nothing but clans and teams. Probably the hardest trials yet.

I don't think casuals are even playing trials this week because of the fact. Nothing but clans and teams. Probably the hardest trials yet.

According to DTR less than 300k people have played trials. I believe the average is roughly 400-600k. John will need to correct me if I am wrong.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's like they hired Hideo and made him do trials this week.

Getting even one win is hard.

This gets ridiculous when you get them down to one. You have no idea where they could be at and the team is just running around looking. It just gets dragged on and on.

eggydoo

It's like they hired Hideo and made him do trials this week.

Getting even one win is hard.

This gets ridiculous when you get them down to one. You have no idea where they could be at and the team is just running around looking. It just gets dragged on and on.

Im actually enjoying the no revive. Also the speed the matches are enjoyable to me, but yeah it's tough to get a win. Only got up to 6 so far.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No worries Whiskey. I'm sure most of the community is feeling the same way.

Good games. We tried. This just proves radar is very important to the flow of a game.

Jinjo

This is the lamest trials ever. I'd take a rotation of the 2 worst maps (Frontier, Bannerfall) over this.

Cauldron is a good map and it's ruined by no radar.

No revives i would have LOVED to try but NOT when combined with no radar.

Should have left trials alone and made this its own event.

It's kinda weird they mess with the most serious multiplayer mode in Destiny. Why not just a seperate playlist? Throw in a unique armor set and the event is already a lot beefier in content.

The fun part is: Trials will be like this next weekend too most likely, it's a two week event no?

TP-DK

Does the strike chest only appear in the playlists? I just completed the Omnigul strike but I couldnt find the chest after killing her.

You mean best Trials. Running at someone with a shotgun jugg Titan never gets old.

Trials should have random modifiers every week or at least every alternate week. That will test the real strength of teams with callouts, coordination, map knowledge and team shooting.

Although having no revives and no radar at the same time can be brutal for casuals and bounty runners. Rotate them alternately.

No revives prevents camping - which ruins normal trials.

No radar promotes more aggressive play but also makes you extra cautious of your position and stay alert at all times.

Make trials great again!

Lnkn52

You guys are crazy.

We complain when they don't change anything but when they try to experiment, we ask why they changed it?

Sane_Man

You guys are crazy.

We complain when they don't change anything but when they try to experiment, we ask why they changed it?

Experimenting is fine, but no radar is just a clearly dumb move. PVP in Destiny is designed around the radar. You can't listen for footsteps like in Overwatch.

You guys are crazy.

How am I supposed to kill people if I can't see them coming from a mile away though???

Plus how am I supposed to win now that I'm not the only one playing in a stacked team anymore???

Come on Lnkn, you know how we roll.

Zakalwe

Banned
No radar is fine, you have to adjust your play style. Go hunting, you can do this without resorting to shotguns too (although they will make your life easier).

What would be much more fun (for me at least) would be a no supers/no powers mode. Just weapons and standard melee. Perhaps a generic grenade for all classes.

Or if we're /really/ wishing...

Some Blood Gulch style maps for longer range battles.

Or allow us to choose to play with infinite sniper rounds, set a game to no-shotguns, fusion rifles only...

Options, Bungie, options. You made Halo which had (as it progressed) one of the best multiplayer suits in gaming history. Destiny PvP is a lot of fun simply because Destiny's gunplay is so damn good. The rhythm and feedback (both in feel and sound) are the best in the industry, I'd love to be able to dive in and set up some public games with more unique options.

I have no idea why you didn't allow this Bungie. I've no idea why you took so many steps back.

Primaries only trials would be the best. I was looking forward to trying trials this week. First match was lots of fun. But as usual we got to 5 wins and the lag turns up a notch which meant shotguns would no longer kill people when you expect to. Insta kill when someone blows in your direction.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie raid roster:
1. Hawkian
2. optimus
3. optimus' friend.
4. rasengan's friend tallsy
5. Taiste
6. MDavis360

If you can't make it please send me a PM

Top Bottom