• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Hesemonni

Banned
I'm hitting a brick wall at Light Level 386. It was fun doing heroic SIVA raids because of the swift progress, but yeah...now I'm not getting nowhere. Skeleton keys drop too rarely and I'm feeling the grind might get a bit too much for me to bear really. Crucible is fun and legendaries over there are pretty much quaranteed to be an improvement.

Any advices? :/

Frostburn

I'm hitting a brick wall at Light Level 386. It was fun doing heroic SIVA raids because of the swift progress, but yeah...now I'm not getting nowhere. Skeleton keys drop too rarely and I'm feeling the grind might get a bit too much for me to bear really. Crucible is fun and legendaries over there are pretty much quaranteed to be an improvement.

Pretty much what bungie intends. Have to do the HM raid, Trails or Nightfall. Exotics will help and factions go to 390.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Vanguard or crucible packages will get everything you need to 390 except artifact. Which you can then spend some time at the forge and get up to 400.

I have all of the Iron artifacts at 400 after spending two days at the forge.

After that use NF, PVP and raid to get to 400.

Zakalwe

Banned
Gaf, having to use L3 to run is starting to hurt my hand. Can anyone recommend me a good controller with the lower triggers ppl use these days like the x1 elite? Bonus points if it also has a full auto option.

Google Scuff controllers. The latest models are incredible. I've ordered a custom build myself, two paddles underneath the grips that you can map to whatever you want. Lots of other great features.

They can get pricey as you add custom options, but from what I've read they're worth it.

Will report back with a hands on when it arrives.

Fusion rifles are basically trash. The whole concept of them in PvP is to camp around a corner and keep half charging it waiting for someone to run at you and get ganked. Just dumb.

Camping has nothing to do with the weapon.

They're wonderful pvp and pve weapons. Keeping them half charged as you move around the map is a skill in itself, or making sure you have a quick charge inherent/perk so when you switch in a bind you have a good chance of a kill.

Some shotguns have far too much range and make many FRs obsolete (they are, in effect, FRs without the charge time), but archetypes and perk mixes do exist that make FRs worth it in all modes.

There's nothing dumb about them inherently.

Gaf, having to use L3 to run is starting to hurt my hand. Can anyone recommend me a good controller with the lower triggers ppl use these days like the x1 elite? Bonus points if it also has a full auto option.

All I can say is whatever option you go with will be a gamechanger. I use the Xbox One Elite controller with Sprint mapped to upper-left paddle and Jump mapped to upper-right paddle and the sense/ease of mobility is just crazy good which is part of the reason I enjoy playing Destiny as a Hunter with Bones of Eao (turning the Triple Jump into a Quadruple) the most in any game-mode.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Does the Eververse offerings ever change? or did I completely miss out on the Awkward Dance from Napoleon Dynamite?

Bungie just need to remove rifled and reinforced barrel from shotguns. Then they won't be as nasty. Some of the ranges I've been killed by matador recently are horrendous

Zakalwe

Banned
Bungie just need to remove rifled and reinforced barrel from shotguns. Then they won't be as nasty. Some of the ranges I've been killed by matador recently are horrendous

Shotgun ranges are just absurd at max. They're literally FRs without the draw back at that point. I have no idea why Bungie thought they'd be good design. You should need to get much closer to get an instant trigger press kill.

I have a max range Matador and it's just incredibly easy to rack up kills with it in the more cqc style maps (most of them....). It feels ridiculously cheap to kill and be killed by it.

I have no idea how they let them get this bad.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I got a ridiculous roll on a Saladin's Vigil

Hammer Forged/Accelerated Coils/Rangefinder

Jesus!

stay gold

I don't like no radar (though I wouldn't mind if they modified it to not be always on), but I like no revives. Feels more like SnD, which I like more than Elimination. shits hard with pick up groups where the communication isn't quite there though lol.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's like Biggy said. The way it is this week condones camping and glitching. The pro teams will rush the hell out of you and then most teams camp up top or some no so easy to see places and just stay there. We ran into way too many teams that do the latter.

Inferno is fine in 6 on 6 but in trials it's brutal.

Alright we'll try and get the emblems in order the replies are, about to do a run with phen0m's son that had been asking for it first though. We'll get keakster after.

Dalek

I'm doing a raid right now trying to kill Aksis. All I need is the kill for my OP quest. They all keep fucking up and I'm so frustrated. I just need one more boss kill. If anyone wants to save me from this torture let me know.

Top Bottom