• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

platocplx

That's the thing, their unique abilities are so nerfed now that they don't even matter. I love my Chaperone, I used to win 1v1 battles against Universal Remote in Y2 but now I'm getting killed all the time by Matadors at the same range I used to kill UR users. The Ill Will hand cannon is much better that The First Curse if you get one with rifled barrel. Palindrome and Eyasluna are better than Hawkmoon. Every other HC is better than Thorn now. Why would I equip an exotic pulse rifle if I have a Hawksaw, PDX-45, Grasp, Clever Dragon? How many times have I killed someone with a ricochet round from Hard Light? What about the joke it is now the Focus Fire perk from Suros Regime, I actually do less DPS in a meta where DPS is all about. Full Auto Invective is a waste because my first shot never kills a Matador user from range. The long range kills I can do with my Saladins Vigil put Telesto and Plan C to shame
I think that the only exotic guns that are worth using now are the Scout Rifles, but they only really shine in larger maps. There's really no point in using Exotics now, they have become guns with very situational perks where once in a blue moon during a match that perk will be the difference between winning or losing the duel but the rest of the time it will be outclassed by a legendary counterpart.

Id agree with the chaperone it wasnt in a bad space at all it should have had max range, its crazy a matador can have more range than it. Some guns do need a buff, but i dont want to see them just be the only thing used its nice to have the variety and even certain guns you mentions people need them to be near perfect rolls to help them out on the legendary side.

Handcannon side its good to have choices, still the hawkmoon gives you 3 bullets to get heavy damage on someone vs one on the eylasuna for example there is some balance there and even with those guns being meta guns you can still compete in ways.

Telesto and Plan C have their utility its all about play style. Like for example if you use planCs fast charge perk correctly you can pretty much own people. the quick charge lets you pretty much rush someone like a shotty and keep on going. Telesto is great for support with your team and Area Control to push people away. a

Exotic Pulses some are more for PVE than PVP which is okay not every gun is gonna be a PVP monster, same with scouts and even legendary guns not all are the best for PVE.

I think the novelty and the utility of certain exotics just make them fun to use for most players and yes if you are ultra competitive you may just use the meta.

Thats why I like guys like TrueVanguard and TheCoolGuy on youtube they take different angles with guns and just use what is fun for them and forget the meta in some degree when it comes to guns.

With artifacts that give exotic perks they eliminated half the exotic armor ones too :(

RIP Exotics

not really still just gives people more opportunities for synergy with their loadouts.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I didn't know public events gave out exotic shards.

Very Rare, but yeah, there in the loot mix
I reported back the first day ROI dropped that public events dropped me exotic shard

I think you earn 1 like every 2 weeks though
Cause my 3 Guardians, do it daily and its super rare

WeTeHa

This is the first tuesday in forever I have off, so I want to do some reset raiding tomorrow.
If anybody has a spot open let me know, otherwise I'll make a list before reset :)

Flipside

Maaaan. I was farming materials for the Dark Drinker quest and tried out some new exotics (which weren't leveled). At the cryptarch I get an exotic helmet from a purple engram, the only item still below my current light level of 397!

....but I forgot to swap my leveled weapons back in so it decrypted at 394.... Sigh... playing when tired leads to mistakes :p

I really wish Bungie implemented a system where they would just remember the highest item level ever equipped on a character and take that number to base future drops on instead of currently equipped light level. Would save all the swapping around in crucible also.

lionelhutz

I have a NM Aksis checkpoint if anyone is interested in finishing the raid. My normal group can't meet before the reset, but I'd like to complete the final encounter for the drops and OP quest.

384 Hunter

SpecX

Maaaan. I was farming materials for the Dark Drinker quest and tried out some new exotics (which weren't leveled). At the cryptarch I get an exotic helmet from a purple engram, the only item still below my current light level of 397!

....but I forgot to swap my leveled weapons back in so it decrypted at 394.... Sigh... playing when tired leads to mistakes :p

I really wish Bungie implemented a system where they would just remember the highest item level ever equipped on a character and take that number to base future drops on instead of currently equipped light level. Would save all the swapping around in crucible also.

I did something similar yesterday. Was running the Festival quest for collecting engrams as the cryptarch. Forgot to change my helmet and ran into the forge and got some gauntlets and ghosts to drop, but they dropped in the 340-350 range since my helmet had no light :(

deafmedal

Any interest in a HM Asskiss P.2 kill? Was unable to get it yesterday due to time, would love to take another crack at a pulse or hat...

Doberu

I just got DDoS on trials. hahaha
by Obiwandaddy95 Sman_ashTHEFLAME Crazychops 72 all 3 from a clan called lawless Mondays. feels bad yo.

Anyone around to help(carry) me in trials?
I've got 5 wins and 0 losses.
Hedgeyy was going to help, but he went off Twitch for some reason.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Halloween just isn't the same as when I was growing up. Hundreds of kids on the streets and bags and bags of candy.

CREMSteve

Anyone interested in helping hammer out a quick Aksis kill? Have the HM checkpoint and would love to complete it quick this evening.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone.

Beautiful.
erterer.gif

Now I just need people to help out with this 5 - 0 card before reset.

specdot

Shout outs to Vin-Buc. Dude is a class act. Helped me get to 7 wins. We could have gone flawless but our 3rd was, well, Lord knows how I feel. Anyway GG this week boys. Hope Bungo changes Trials back to Y1 matchmaking. It's been a joke as of late.

Anyone want to do NF before reset? Join on me.

PSN jen867530nine

Edit: Have one can still use one more. joinnnn

Edit 2: We're at the boss if anyone wants in

THANKS FOR THE RUN DUEBRITHIL!

Top Bottom