• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Feorax

This will be my only opportunity for about 2 weeks so I could really do with running this today.

WOTM Normal Mode run:

1. Feorax

This will be my first time running it so someone with a bit of experience would be very helpful.

LifEndz

Whoops. Mic was off. Wetee, I'm jump on the next one if you need one. Seemed like you guys had six before I got there.

WeTeHa

Not sure if serious. We've been sitting at:

1. me
2. grave
3. ambitious
4. zonysux
5. silver.tongue
6. hzoltan

for a while, unless I'm missing something. ;D

LOL rip i'm an idiot. Apparently I can't count in the morning
Sorry lifendz. Will message you

LiK

Bring a Zhalo and they melt. Hoping to find someone to join later. Mainly tougher to deal with the invisible melee dudes when shooting things.

Deku Tree

Bring a Zhalo and they melt. Hoping to find someone to join later. Mainly tougher to deal with the invisible melee dudes when shooting things.

My problem is the final room which has nothing but arcburn enemies all of which will one shot you and the old cheese has been fixed. Everyone is going to use the new cheese but w/e. I personally feel like it's a nope week.

LiK

My problem is the final room which has nothing but arcburn enemies all of which will one shot you and the old cheese has been fixed. Everyone is going to use the new cheese but w/e. I personally feel like it's a nope week.

There's a new cheese? Guess I'll do that later if it's a struggle. Lemme know in the afternoon if you wanna do it.

Deku Tree

There's a new cheese? Guess I'll do that later if it's a struggle. Lemme know in the afternoon if you wanna do it.

Its not a good cheese but there is a spot in the room where one person can hide and they only have to worry about one enemy the rest will never aggo on you. You can't shoot Phogoth from the spot but you can prevent a wipe. I'll invite you if I see you on but I may skip NF this week entirely. No point really.

Feorax

In retrospect, not rushing to the highest possible light level was a mistake. Bungie absolutely fucked it by making the drops of the NM raid the same as the heroic strike playlist, because there's no reason at all to run it anymore meaning people who want to do it for the first time, like me, have little to no chance of finding a group.

LiK

In retrospect, not rushing to the highest possible light level was a mistake. Bungie absolutely fucked it by making the drops of the NM raid the same as the heroic strike playlist, because there's no reason at all to run it anymore meaning people who want to do it for the first time, like me, have little to no chance of finding a group.

I think Hawk does newbie raids and there are some here who still do NM. Just gotta be on at the right time. I agree that they released everything way too quickly.

If you wanna join an existing group and haven't played the raid before, it's a good idea to watch a video guide beforehand. I think people are just tired of explaining mechanics.

noomi

12 3oC, and 20 Strange Coins this morning from NF.

Everyone is 400, and I'm just sitting here with my coins.

Feorax

I think Hawk does newbie raids and there are some here who still do NM. Just gotta be on at the right time. I agree that they released everything way too quickly.

If you wanna join an existing group and haven't played the raid before, it's a good idea to watch a video guide beforehand. I think people are just tired of explaining mechanics.

It's great that Hawk does newbie raids, but being on GMT makes it somewhat difficult for me most of the time.

I think you're probably right. I'm going to just have to watch video guides on the mechanics and then just lie and say I have raid experience.

Deku Tree

It's great that Hawk does newbie raids, but being on GMT makes it somewhat difficult for me most of the time.

I think you're probably right. I'm going to just have to watch video guides on the mechanics and then just lie and say I have raid experience.

TBH this thread is not the greatest place to form a raid group. At certain times it's OK but it is much easier to find a group trying the100 or the Bungie App, or LFG.

If you do that then you definitely need to watch videos. At this point it's basically rude to go into a complicated raid having no idea what to do and expecting other people to explain everything to you.

On the100 you can even create a game with "Sherpa requested status" which lets everyone know that it's gonna be a newbie raid.

noomi

Doing anymore NF or already done with all 3 characters?

Just did the 2 this morning, because I had to run to work. Not sure if I have it in me to do another later... most likely not.

Still love Destiny, but the honeymoon phase of RoI is coming to an end for me. I've really been enjoying Battlefield 1 lately, and will probably be putting more time into it now.

LiK

Just did the 2 this morning, because I had to run to work. Not sure if I have it in me to do another later... most likely not.

Still love Destiny, but the honeymoon phase of RoI is coming to an end for me. I've really been enjoying Battlefield 1 lately, and will probably be putting more time into it now.

After I complete raid HM, gonna dig into the three other shooters that are just released. Need a break too.

Deku Tree

I still like to raid so I'm gonna keep doing that. Might do Some IB sometimes. Otherwise I may take a break from video games.

Gonna buy a PS4 Pro but I'm not sure what is the first Pro game that I'll play.

TsuWave

is it true there's no more new content coming to destiny? its gonna be a long wait til destiny 2 if the seasonal events are all that's gonna hold the player base til then

I kinda "enjoyed" the titanfall 2 beta but not sure i had enough fun to warrant a purchase

Feorax

Doing two more Nightfall runs if anyone is interested. PSN is namikaze1.

Thanks for the first run. Infused that Hawkmoon and then got Gloves and a Ghost from the vanguard package that got me up to 388.

Once IB has been and gone, might end up being well over 390 without even needing to raid.

Melchiah

Managed to beat Antiquated Rune match solo for the first time, and even got an exotic for it. Feels good, man.

r3GEyXwl.png

Here's a video of the match: https://youtu.be/F4S9qWf81J8
Screwed up few times, when I tried to shoot Kagoor while it was immune.

It was also enough to increase Crota's Bane rank, and I finally raised the artifact level to 389.

Managed to beat Antiquated Rune match solo for the first time, and even got an exotic for it. Feels good, man.

Here's a video of the match: https://youtu.be/F4S9qWf81J8
Screwed up few times, when I tried to shoot Kagoor while it was immune.

It was also enough to increase Crota's Bane rank, and I finally raised the artifact level to 389.

Well done! It's good fun and not too bad with a solar sword. Take out right side adds, snipe the ogre in a few hits and then sword kagoor to death :)

Melchiah

Well done! It's good fun and not too bad with a solar sword. Take out right side adds, snipe the ogre in a few hits and then sword kagoor to death :)

I guess I had a brain fart, and mixed it up with the fight where you're supposed to shoot the wizards on the sides before the boss. I even wasted rocket launcher ammo for it. =)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

What hours and days are you typically available?
is it true there's no more new content coming to destiny? its gonna be a long wait til destiny 2 if the seasonal events are all that's gonna hold the player base til then

I kinda "enjoyed" the titanfall 2 beta but not sure i had enough fun to warrant a purchase
There is a thread about its singleplayer campaign that makes we want to buy it

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Looks like people are stepping away from destiny again. Understandable with content drying up again and the holiday releases are coming out. I might put some time into ffxv if its good. Story is interesting so far after watching the movies.

Iron Banner would be nice right now.
Hard raid isn't going as smoothly and quickly as I would have hoped. I think most have gotten used to Voksis by now, but Aksis phase 2 still gives some people a lot of problems even though it's possibly the easiest part.

Iron Banner would be nice right now.
Hard raid isn't going as smoothly and quickly as I would have hoped. I think most have gotten used to Voksis by now, but Aksis phase 2 still gives some people a lot of problems even though it's possibly the easiest part.

It's either easy or hard - pretty much dependent on whether people can reliably slam. Trying to keep people in the middle safe when they go for the captain is probably the second offender.

Vosiks is ok if all three "sides" can get in sync and reliably keep up with the tempo needed to collect and throw bombs.

Kyne

Looks like people are stepping away from destiny again. Understandable with content drying up again and the holiday releases are coming out. I might put some time into ffxv if its good. Story is interesting so far after watching the movies.

Last night my fireteam with an average light level of 380 kept getting paired up on the first round against 400 flawless emblem fireteams in ToO. Seems like the only people playing now are super serious players.

Bungie seems to have already lost the casual crowd. No idea how this game will go on for another year.

It's either easy or hard - pretty much dependent on whether people can reliably slam. Trying to keep people in the middle safe when they go for the captain is probably the second offender.

Vosiks is ok if all three "sides" can get in sync and reliably keep up with the tempo needed to collect and throw bombs.

Yeah. Some people still get scared/nervous when they get empowered and have to slam on Aksis. They don't say it, but it's obvious when someone is uncomfortable doing that part. The same people almost always screw up. Eventually the smoothest run is sometimes by total luck - those people never got empowered or they get empowered but never had to slam.
Those are the "2-3 hours stuck on Aksis" runs.

Top Bottom