• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Ambitious

NEW TIME: 4pm CET (10 am EST) Everyone can still make it?

We'll be running monitors as well for the exotic quest

1. jayforone (Hunter 367)
2. Ambitious (Hunter 367)
3. Dhruv (Titan)
4. Zakalwa (Titan)
5. keakster (Titan)
6. Mindlog

Edit: Can you all add me on PSN. Not sure I have you all

What's going on? Weren't we supposed to start twenty minutes ago? You're in a different fireteam of five.

What's going on? Weren't we supposed to start twenty minutes ago? You're in a different fireteam of five.
Same thing with me. I thought it was the group but I was removed.

Edit: looks like four people three people from the formed group on the thread don't have a spot for a planned raid. Should we just form a new group then?

keakster

Same thing with me. I thought it was the group but I was removed.

Edit: looks like four people three people from the formed group on the thread don't have a spot for a planned raid. Should we just form a new group then?

Too many newbies might have spooked people, I will be on for next two hours or so if people want to give it a go

GlamFM

Banned
Anybody look to just kill Aksis?

We stopped after phase 1 yesterday without even trying because it was getting late in Europe.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Good run deafmedal and everyone else, You guys are a blast to play with and I'm not mad at all (everyone was doing fine, the problem we were running into was baffling and unexpected), but I just don't have it in me anymore to stay up until 4 am So getting in a raid group going forward would require me to get either a GAF or LFG group at some sort of really weird hours, but even assuming I wanted to do that I can't even get Nightfall or other help most of the time.

Yeah, it was the third part of the first boss phase that really sucked
three servitors?! I could only ever find one or two
. But it was also 3AM and I was a bit drunk--never raiding drunk again. Honestly, though, if you see me on, just join!

I had a lot of fun, trying to keep post positive is quite the challenge :p

Only during the last section! I just couldn't find a role I felt I could contribute in during the first boss phase and I was getting annoyed because I felt I was the reason for the wipes (263 is too low for that section, it seems). The second section of the raid
the priest
I thought I did well and contributed once I got the process down. It was fun until the boss.

I do apologize to everyone if I was completely awful to play with.

Kalamari

I wonder if there was some sort of non-compete agreement when MS purchased the Halo franchise from Bungie, at least in terms of certain things that make Halo the distinct game that it is, as to prevent Bungie from just creating a Halo clone. I think this because I can't fathom an experienced developer like Bungie making such obvious poor decisions with their game design in Destiny.

I wonder if there was some sort of non-compete agreement when MS purchased the Halo franchise from Bungie, at least in terms of certain things that make Halo the distinct game that it is, as to prevent Bungie from just creating a Halo clone. I think this because I can't fathom an experienced developer like Bungie making such obvious poor decisions with their game design in Destiny.

What?

I've come to love my Keystone 01 after taming this beast and by "taming" I mean getting used to the recoil.

I have the Keystone in two flavors, one with Explosive Rounds, Outlaw, and Firefly and the other with Full Auto, Unflinching, and Firefly. The former is at 385 and is generally my main, the latter is at 381 and gets less use but is fun to play around with although I'm not sure Full Auto is right for this gun.

When it comes to scouts this is your heavy-hitter.

The King still lives in the all-around best scout in the business, the original Dead Orbit vendor version of the Hung Jury SR4 but the Keystone 01 is quickly entering the ranks of the top tier scouts the game has seen.

deafmedal

. But it was also 3AM and I was a bit drunk--never raiding drunk again. Honestly, though, if you see me on, just join!

Only during the last section! I just couldn't find a role I felt I could contribute in during the first boss phase and I was getting annoyed because I felt I was the reason for the wipes (263 is too low for that section, it seems). The second section of the raid
the priest
I thought I did well and contributed once I got the process down. It was fun until the boss.

You are fine and yes, your LL is tough in that area but we knew that going in. Just gotta chill a bit, don't want you to cut your hand on broken plastic ;)

Ryuuga

Banned
If anyone is interesting I'm helping GlamFM take down Aksis:

1.GlamFM
2.Crusocus

Let me know if you're interested. Preferrably LL370+ due to most enemies being LL380. Thanks in advance.

SeanR1221

I've come to love my Keystone 01 after taming this beast and by "taming" I mean getting used to the recoil.

I have the Keystone in two flavors, one with Explosive Rounds, Outlaw, and Firefly and the other with Full Auto, Unflinching, and Firefly. The former is at 385 and is generally my main, the latter is at 381 and gets less use but is fun to play around with although I'm not sure Full Auto is right for this gun.

When it comes to scouts this is your heavy-hitter.

The King still lives in the all-around best scout in the business, the original Dead Orbit vendor version of the Hung Jury SR4 but the Keystone 01 is quickly entering the ranks of the top tier scouts the game has seen.

Good to know. I got one but the roll wasn't great. Put it into my original Hung Jury.

I just don't see myself using something different. Be hung jury is too perfect.

Ambitious

If anyone is interesting I'm helping GlamFM take down Aksis:

1.GlamFM
2.Crusocus

Let me know if you're interested. Preferrably LL370+ due to most enemies being LL380. Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same situation as he. My groups were also stuck at Aksis. I'm 368 light.

And why would Bungie want to create a Halo clone in the first place? You don't sell games by copying another, already popular, game lol.

I mean, they can't literally create halo or use many of the iconic things from halo, but that's probably it. I don't enjoy destiny pvp either and I feel that it is a step down from halo, but Bungie was actually slowly moving halo in this direction for quite a while. If anything, this is the halo game they wanted to make. Take it or leave it.

For me, destiny pvp breaks down when it tries to be competitive. Also, the maps are generally terrible. How they haven't learned that doors on maps are an incredibly stupid idea by now is beyond me. These are the people that made snowbound and epitaph in halo 3, where people would just camp in plain sight of each other on opposite sides of a shield door. They realized it sucked then and edited the maps, but here we are 9 years later with last exit, black shield, cauldron, etc.

Plenty of people love the pvp experience destiny offers, however. To theorize Bungie is intentionally gimping portions of their game so that it isn't too much like halo is laughable. They are making the game they want to make, and they are doing it the way they want to make it.

With that said, I would totally take the Halo CE magnum as an exotic hand cannon in a heartbeat.

the priest

LL helps for sure. Makes it much easier to run around and look for servitors while tanking a few shots from adds. Also, experience will help you process were your servitor will spawn by a process of elimination. You guys did good, and as LL and experience increase, it will be a 1 - 2 hours activity, not 6.

Is there a limit to how many times I can take those Iron armour pieces from the Moment of Triumphs? It seems I can redeem them multiple times.

Agent

Is there a limit to how many times I can take those Iron armour pieces from the Moment of Triumphs? It seems I can redeem them multiple times.

No. The perks don't change, but the stats (Intellect/Discipline/Strength) do change. So if you're looking for a specific build you can keep redeeming the pieces until you get what you want.

For you hunters out there, I just started one and wanted to know how would you rank the Hunters sub-classes?
PVE:
1.Nightstalker
2.gunslinger
3.bladedancer

PvP: personal preference mostly, but Bladedancer has QuickDraw, Nightstalker has shadestep, and Gunslinger has golden gun, so they all have their bonuses.

Just faced another 5-2 team and they all jumped off the map 5 times lol. Must have been on the pulse rifle quest, maybe? I have no idea.

Either way, that was unexpected in trials.

Top Bottom