• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

No. The perks don't change, but the stats (Intellect/Discipline/Strength) do change. So if you're looking for a specific build you can keep redeeming the pieces until you get what you want.

Couldn't I just use this to get unlimited legendary marks?

Clunker

Just had an amazing run with randoms in the Heroic Strike playlist - all 3 of us were active, reviving, not idling or anything. Wr all started dancing once we realized we were all cool, and all 3 of us ran through 4 strikes (all different, unique ones too!) with minimal fuss.

You hear a good amount of horror stories about idlers and droppers, but I've had a charmed run of games this past week - now at 360 light without any Omnigul farming or anything. So closing that loophole didn't affect me at all.

Anyone on Xbox off on Monday and want to buddy up for some real casual Trials afternoon EST? Looking to play 4-5 cards for the RoI book and some gear chances. I'm off work and looking to chill, if we win even 3 games I'll be happy.

lt519

Man still on a high from our blind raid last night. That shit is so much fun. Hopefully we can finish off the
second phase
today. We were getting a bit drunk/loopy and lost focus. Was a long raid until then.

Siege engine
was such a highlight for me.

I'll have to see that light level I can get my Titan to, I think 370, and do a GAF raid soon.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone raiding? I was going to do trials tonight but my connection is awful for some reason. If someone wants a super casual trails team I could join though

Just faced another 5-2 team and they all jumped off the map 5 times lol. Must have been on the pulse rifle quest, maybe? I have no idea.

Either way, that was unexpected in trials.

Could either be for passage coin farm, pulse rifle quest, lower their ELO for ELO boosters, post game rewards, REP, or all of the above.

Drain You

Xbox One here

Anybody need to do Be The Battery quest step for Channeling the Corruption questline?

All my friends are playing Trials and I'd really like to get this step done before the reset. I'm a Warlock, need a Titan and a Hunter. I've got the flu so I'll be around all day, PM me.

Gamertag: If you Must

Deku Tree

Once people lose a chance at flawless they sometimes burn out their card to farm passage coins.

I just got my weapon vault down to 83 weapons. Hard to delete anything else. I don't want to get rid of fully leveled up exotics, old hard or impossible to re-obtain top tier weapons, and I'm also saving infusion fuel. Armor vault is down to 39. Deleted everything I could.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Artifact drops during strikes can go up to 385 apparently. I mean blues.

I'm going to run strikes hoping to get keys to get a higher artifact. One spot.

soultron

Banned
lol, what? why isn't gunslinger considered good?

In PVP, I usually pair it with the 4x golden gun shots exotic helm, 2x throwing knives, and go to town. The only thing that kind of sucks with it is the solar nade selection, but I try to make up for that with high INT builds and gear with grenade energy perks.

If I'm near objectives, I usually get the 4K if nobody else has an overshield or something zany like that.

EDIT: is it the fact bladedancer has quickdraw?

AEREC

Just got Thorn last night...such an ugly and horribly designed gun. I mean the 3D model of it looks great but the first person view of it is so underwhelming.

Is it actually good in PvP or PvE though?

Just got Thorn last night...such an ugly and horribly designed gun. I mean the 3D model of it looks great but the first person view of it is so underwhelming.

Is it actually good in PvP or PvE though?

Nope. Dismantle it and throw the remains in the trash where it belongs.

lol, what? why isn't gunslinger considered good?

In PVP, I usually pair it with the 4x golden gun shots exotic helm, 2x throwing knives, and go to town. The only thing that kind of sucks with it is the solar nade selection, but I try to make up for that with high INT builds and gear with grenade energy perks.

If I'm near objectives, I usually get the 4K if nobody else has an overshield or something zany like that.

EDIT: is it the fact bladedancer has quickdraw?
-Tripmines suck in 6s now

-Throwing Knives got their damage nerfed and are super weak compared to what they used to be,

Basically Bungie nerfed it because of stupid KD charts that don't even show everything.

With those nerfs, Bladedancer and Nightstalker are far better because of QuickDraw and Shadestep.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
You are fine and yes, your LL is tough in that area but we knew that going in. Just gotta chill a bit, don't want you to cut your hand on broken plastic ;)

LL helps for sure. Makes it much easier to run around and look for servitors while tanking a few shots from adds. Also, experience will help you process were your servitor will spawn by a process of elimination. You guys did good, and as LL and experience increase, it will be a 1 - 2 hours activity, not 6.

Thanks for the replies. Honestly, you guys are incredible to play with... the jokes, shit-talking, advice, etc. It was one of the best experiences I have had in Destiny so far. So thanks again! (And no beer next run. lol)

JJShadow

Is anyone down for an Aksys kill? Got the phase 2 CP yesterday and I'd like to give it another try today (no monitors obviously). I'll be home in 30-40 min, so we can start as soon as we are 6. Some experience with the fight and being 365+ would be nice, being 370+ would be awesome :D

1. JJShadow77

PS4 btw

Ryuuga

Banned
Is anyone down for an Aksys kill? Got the phase 2 CP yesterday and I'd like to give it another try today (no monitors obviously). I'll be home in 30-40 min, so we can start as soon as we are 6. Some experience with the fight and being 365+ would be nice, being 370+ would be awesome :D

1. JJShadow77

PS4 btw

I'll help out. Just sort of completed it with some other gaffers.

JHall

I'm not an expert but my group has never used gunslinger in the raid. Tether seemed to be a lot more useful throughout though.

Nighthawk golden gun can hit Aksis for over 80k if you're light is high enough. Combine that with a tether and you're talking about some serious damage.

Reule

Cannot find a Warlock and Titan for the "Be The Battery" step and so on for Outbreak Prime. Anyone interested?

PSN: Reule
Hunter 371

My raid group was four hunters, Titan, and a Warlock. Did not think this through.

Sheppard

1. JJShadow77

PS4 btw

I'll like to join. Psn Branaghs

Lima

I'm not an expert but my group has never used gunslinger in the raid. Tether seemed to be a lot more useful throughout though.

5 Hunters and 1 Titan is the optimal team combination for the last fight. Titan with weapons of light. One Hunter with tether and the other 4 with golden gun nighthawk. Always sacrifice one empowered to supercharge the whole team. Tether him every teleport and nighthawk with weapons of light. Take him down in 2 rotations.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
When does raid progress get reset? Tuesday?

Also: the following is raid spoiler
the light up panel puzzles before the boss room how close is anyone to figuring it out, as I think my raid group may be on to something with following the circle placement on the floor panel after you drop. Obviously, it would be before everyone drops.

xCobalt

Cannot find a Warlock and Titan for the "Be The Battery" step and so on for Outbreak Prime. Anyone interested?

PSN: Reule
Hunter 371

My raid group was four hunters, Titan, and a Warlock. Did not think this through.

I'm down. Still haven't done the nightfall on my titan.

PSN: Jaydee191

Drain You

Nighthawk golden gun can hit Aksis for over 80k if you're light is high enough. Combine that with a tether and you're talking about some serious damage.

5 Hunters and 1 Titan is the optimal team combination for the last fight. Titan with weapons of light. One Hunter with tether and the other 4 with golden gun nighthawk. Always sacrifice one empowered to supercharge the whole team. Tether him every teleport and nighthawk with weapons of light. Take him down in 2 rotations.

I stand corrected!

Shows how out of the loop I am, damn

Vic_Viper

Also looking for a group to do the Nightfall on PS4. PSN name is Squadon. LL 353 Warlock. Have little over an hour before I have to get ready for work.

might not be able to use a mic atm (baby just fell asleep for a nap)

Edit: Also down to do CoE/PoE or Archon's Forge.

Jinjo

When does raid progress get reset? Tuesday?

Also: the following is raid spoiler
the light up panel puzzles before the boss room how close is anyone to figuring it out, as I think my raid group may be on to something with following the circle placement on the floor panel after you drop. Obviously, it would be before everyone drops.

There is nothing to be figured with the light up panels before the boss room. They serve no purpose.

So if you're really, really on to something you are very likely the first and you should share a video of it.

Shito

On the "these guys are crazy front": Slayerage just 2-manned
the first phase of the Aksis fight, without using a warlock's self-revive.
They now effectively 2-manned all the parts of the raid.

Top Bottom