• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GhaleonEB

Well, i am not sure if I agree that Heroic Strikes should drop gear above 385. You can finish them in like 7-10 minutes and they are super easy. Crucible games last around 10 minutes, are extremely challenging and usually drop stuff every 4-5 games. That's the same drop rate of Skeleton keys in Heroic Strikes. 4-5 games per key. And unlike Crucible which only drops weapons and class items, keys can give you specific gear that you need from chests along with a free high level ghost or artifact.

I would neither characterize the Heroic strikes as easy, nor Crucible as challenging, in no small part because loot is independent of outcome. I don't think I've ever gone through a heroic strike in 7-10 minutes since Destiny has been out.

anyone doing WotM NM raid? I wanna do it once more before I jump into HM

I'd love to, if anyone is spinning it up from the beginning.

shem935

Banned
I would neither characterize the Heroic strikes as easy, nor Crucible as challenging, in no small part because loot is independent of outcome. I don't think I've ever gone through a heroic strike in 7-10 minutes since Destiny has been out.

I'd love to, if anyone is spinning it up from the beginning.

I can spring for a NM. Shem0275

shermas

Crucible should drop armor, too.. seems crazy that I keep getting 400 weapon drops. Wish there was a PVE version of this (heroic strikes?) that had a random chance to drop 400 armor, too.

One of the best parts of the crucible is seeing what goofy ass clan names people come up with.
I'm not sure which ones i dislike more - it's a toss up between deliberately stupid names that usually have to do with dicks and/or weed(420 Suck My Cabals) or fantasy nerdy as fuck D&D shit(Lord Wolves Of Ahamkara Among Sheep.)

Love it.
And yes, I realize I'm a judgmental prick.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nzdSMwc.png

Lima

One of the best parts of the crucible is seeing what goofy ass clan names people come up with.
I'm not sure which ones i dislike more - it's a toss up between deliberately stupid names that usually have to do with dicks and/or weed(420 Suck My Cabals) or fantasy nerdy as fuck D&D shit(Lord Wolves Of Ahamkara Among Sheep.)

Love it.
And yes, I realize I'm a judgmental prick.

Oh yeah. I only have smash unlocked and I snipe in PvE are among my favorites so far.

Zocano

I figured Aksis challenge will just be you have to active the supercharge pad once each full stun rotation (must be supercharged at least once between every siva mite critical/room wipe)

There reeeeallllyyyy isn't much else at all they could do.

They really really really should make challenge mode a separate instance or encounter set up so they aren't restricted by the way they initially design out the encounter. Make challenge mode an actual mix up the same way hard should be a mix up from normal.

But this is Destiny and Bungie and they are literally just skating by on a skeleton crew scrambling to keep content together while the other 90% of the company makes sure Destiny 2 isn't another giant fuck up. Ah well.

I won't be as lenient with Destiny 2 as I am this game. If they keep up this sort of pipeline I won't bother but I think they sorta know that and expect better of themselves as well.

Challenge mode COULD be bigger for aksis. There is the disco room with light up panels, where a code could be used to enable the mode...then they could add more things into the mode as it is optional.

I really doubt it though because you can't reach the disco from the aksis checkpoint...

I hope it's not slamming for supers because the empowerment phase is chaotic enough with LFG already.

I guess once he has ported left or right there is always technically someone free who can move themselves to instant slam once he ports again?

Lima

Challenge mode COULD be bigger for aksis. There is the disco room with light up panels, where a code could be used to enable the mode...then they could add more things into the mode as it is optional.

I really doubt it though because you can't reach the disco from the aksis checkpoint...

I hope it's not slamming for supers because the empowerment phase is chaotic enough with LFG already.

I guess once he has ported left or right there is always technically someone free who can move themselves to instant slam once he ports again?

There is always someone free. If he teleports left then either the right or middle plate will light up to discharge empowerment.

It's easy as it is all about positioning. The guys on the side just need to be closer to the plate than the location where Aksis is going to teleport to. Then you just need to quickly call out where he is going to teleport (have someone that can read his movements by the where his trail is going) and then it's just a matter of the other two guys reacting quick to see which plate is lit up.

Melchiah

Hum... I have a friend that is 399 and has yet to do the HM raid.

Nightfall, Exotic Engrams, Other Engrams decrypting as exotics, Forge, Skeleton Key Chest. Those are your pve options. Way more options than Y1 and Y2.

Also, at 390, you are perfectly leveled for the raid.

I'm at 391 currently, and I haven't yet finished the Raid on normal. Having played it halfway through, I'm not sure if I even want to try the Heroic mode. I just don't find it fun to repeat the same section over and over again, when a tiny screw-up from one of the six players can lead to wipe. Not to mention, that I have no idea when we can schedule another long Raid session for six people, who have different working hours and life situations.

Yeah, it's frustrating. Nearly the entire loot stream of any PvE activity is rendered useless. The heroic strikes should go to 400; it's ridiculous that regular Crucible matches drop gear up to 400 and the heroic strikes are capped at 385. At the very least skeleton keys should drop a lot more often.

Agreed. The end-game favors PVP far too much. They should at least offer +390 gear from doing, say, three heroic strikes in a row. It would also be fair give the PVE players regular events like Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris to play, that grant +390 gear.

I've thought about this before as well, considering the added difficulty modifiers in the Heroic Strike playlist and since Crucible offers weapons as end-of-match rewards strikes should in-turn offer armor rewards based on current LL up to 400 LL.

Reward wise you would have...

Crucible - Weapons and Class Items
Heroic Strikes - Armor
Archon's Forge - Ghosts and Artifacts

...which gives the players more options if they desire to reach max LL, don't like to raid, etc.

That would give even less options for PVE-only players to upgrade weapons and class items.

TLDR:
PvE:
- Skeleton Keys from Heroic Raids.
- Exotic Engrams
- Nightfall
- Archon Forge
- Weekly Iron Bounties (very rare though)

Two of those activities don't have matchmaking. I'm lucky if I can play Nightfall once a week. Arranging Raids with our group is a major pain in the ass. We're lucky, if we can finish the one we started on tuesday before the weekly reset.

Deku Tree

I think Aksis CM is gonna be everybody needs to throws a bomb at Aksis in Phase 2. So you'll need to do the bomb thrower/cannon thrower strategy and then switch roles in the second round.

platocplx

So is 361 good enough for the normal raid? Or should I keep up my slow grind to 370?

Yeah you might have a LITTLE trouble at the end. but as long as you stay aware and have someone who is a higher light than you you can def do it at that light level.

It's easy as it is all about positioning. The guys on the side just need to be closer to the plate than the location where Aksis is going to teleport to. Then you just need to quickly call out where he is going to teleport (have someone that can read his movements by the where his trail is going) and then it's just a matter of the other two guys reacting quick to see which plate is lit up.

Just read back the paragraph you wrote and imagine that in an LFG group...someone has dogs barking in the background, someone is shouting to someone in the kitchen about what they want for tea and two other people are talking about sports.... :)

IMHO it's quite hard for left and right to position for jumping to mid and/or running to the back empowerment plate. If you've got two good hunters then I'm sure it will be fine.

If it only needs to be done once per phase then waiting until someone is definitely 100% clear will make it much less prone to cockups.

Edit - IMHO having to slam for every damage phase so probably 9 times, possibly 12 (or 6) will be super hard.

I think Aksis CM is gonna be everybody needs to throws a bomb at Aksis in Phase 2. So you'll need to do the bomb thrower/cannon thrower strategy and then switch roles in the second round.

Could well be!

That's starting to sound like a nintendo switch game though - switch sides, switch roles etc.

Since Vosik CM drops any special or heavy weapon, can we assume Aksis CM will drop any armor piece?

This would make sense since there isn't going to be a Siege Engine CM, so the loot from that is split between the two Wrath of the Machine CMs.

That would give even less options for PVE-only players to upgrade weapons and class items.

Huh? What are you talking about?

I was talking about game modes that offer "specific" types of rewards "already," not every avenue/path to get rewards. I'm certainly not suggesting removing any of those options that are in place to increase LL.

These modes offer specific rewards based on current LL up to 400 LL...

Crucible offers weapons and class items.

Archon's Forge offers ghosts, artifacts, and class items.

...and then you have the Heroic Strike playlist which gives the player very little incentive to play it once hitting 385 LL. It should work the same way Crucible does regarding weapons/class items and base armor rewards on current LL so if you are 385 LL you should get a 386-387 LL reward.

This would give players reason to play/gain experience across a multitude of game modes in Destiny if they so choose to with incentive to do so.

lawtowler

Anyone looking to do a fresh HM run later on?

Looking to start around 8pm UK time (in 5 1/2 hours).

396 Warlock here. I've done Vosik CM but haven't finished HM once yet due to time constraints :(

Coxy100

Banned
Hi guys

Not played Destiny for a year or so (PS4)

Is the player base still ok? Will I struggle to get games? (only tend to play PVE)

If Vosik was any indication the CM for Aksis will be super simple and disappointing.

A "that's it?" moment.

Hi guys

Not played Destiny for a year or so (PS4)

Is the player base still ok? Will I struggle to get games? (only tend to play PVE)

The player base is fine on either platform.

Top Bottom