• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Flipside

Is there anyone (actually two) who wants to help out with the final quest (strike) for the Dark Drinker? If at all possible I want to avoid doing it with randoms without a mic ;)

Also, if anyone needs an extra for WotM HM let me know.

(PSN: FlipsideXL)

hows red death and young ahamkara's spine?

Red Death has its fans for PvE; it is not at all competitive in PvP right now— so if you're not very good at PvP it will do fine.

Young Ahamkara's Spine make trip mines even better— do you like trip mines? Might be a great option for IB next week.

Fistwell

Is there anyone (actually two) who wants to help out with the final quest (strike) for the Dark Drinker? If at all possible I want to avoid doing it with randoms without a mic ;)

Also, if anyone needs an extra for WotM HM let me know.

(PSN: FlipsideXL)
When are you doing it? I can give a hand right now.

platocplx

hows red death and young ahamkara's spine?

Red Death is pretty good, not as great anymore for PVP but can hold its own at times. Great for PVE especially in Hardmode can def save you from deaths so it could pair well as long as you have good DPS power as special and heavy at the legendary side of things.

stay gold

With that, grasp and clever are gonna get nerfed...

Honestly I think we may have reached the point where they have to accept that it's buffs rather than nerfs that we need. How can they even nerf the CD archetype? Any change to it's TTK renders the gun 100% obsolete next to the Hawksaw.

That said, it is the most consistent primary in the game right now, and I expect it's usage rate to be insanely high like pre-nerf Mida. Hopefully someone at Bungie sees sense and we just get a Hand Cannon accuracy buff & high impact auto buff out of it.

Don't forget Iron Banana is supposed to be next week, you get (guaranteed) at least I think 3 pieces of armor and 3 weapons for every character (the quests, rank up) plus any drops from games itself. Could be off on how many pieces. All +LL pieces. So yeah, if you are in the 395+ range you can just wait a few days and loot will literally rain down upon you.

Its ~5-9 hours for your first character to hit rank 5 IB, and then 3-4 hours for each of your other characters. Super, super fast. Don't need to wear any shader/emblem/etc either, the bonuses are all baked in and you get the same rep on day 1 as the last day.

Red Death has its fans for PvE; it is not at all competitive in PvP right now— so if you're not very good at PvP it will do fine.

Young Ahamkara's Spine make trip mines even better— do you like trip mines? Might be a great option for IB next week.

right now im using clever dragon and the palindrome. how does it stack up? dont really like bad juju

dont like trip mine either

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I just got exotic sniper from crucible ( I hate it but first game and they gave me this ^^ )

name : HEREAFTER

Element : Arc

perks :

1- crouching increases scope zoom make it easier to aim under fire

2- precision kills cause a bright flash that blind nearby enemies

3- Magazine is refunded if all shots fired are precision kills

what do u think ?

stay gold

right now im using clever dragon and the palindrome. how does it stack up? dont really like bad juju

dont like trip mine either

It's worse than Bad Juju.

Clever Dragon (with a good roll) and Palindrome are the 2 main weapons this meta, exotic weapons (except Truth) aren't worth bothering with in the crucible atm.

I just got exotic sniper from crucible ( I hate it but first game and they gave me this ^^ )

name : HEREAFTER

Element : Arc

perks :

1- crouching increases scope zoom make it easier to aim under fire

2- precision kills cause a bright flash that blind nearby enemies

3- Magazine is refunded if all shots fired are precision kills

what do u think ?

Novelty gun. Not really great.

Melchiah

What are the best looking class items for each class in the game right now?

My favorite Hunter ones are Octopus Cloak, Cloak of the Mantis, Neuroghast Cloak, and AOS#Cryptid Cloak.

Huh? What are you talking about?

I was talking about game modes that offer "specific" types of rewards "already," not every avenue/path to get rewards. I'm certainly not suggesting removing any of those options that are in place to increase LL.

These modes offer specific rewards based on current LL up to 400 LL...

Crucible offers weapons and class items.

Archon's Forge offers ghosts, artifacts, and class items.

...and then you have the Heroic Strike playlist which gives the player very little incentive to play it once hitting 385 LL. It should work the same way Crucible does regarding weapons/class items and base armor rewards on current LL so if you are 385 LL you should get a 386-387 LL reward.

This would give players reason to play/gain experience across a multitude of game modes in Destiny if they so choose to with incentive to do so.

I misunderstood what you said. I never play PVP, so I wouldn't know what Crucible offers. It's pretty damn annoying they don't offer a PVE activity which grants the same.

I've been looking for the Shock Hazard ornament (one of the better looking weapon skins) for the Zhalo Supercell so at least Xur had something of use (well, cosmetic purposes, I guess) besides 3oC this week.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
finally reached 390 ..

so guys , something weird happened when i make infusion to my legendary sniper 390 and dismantled the other sniper 391 .. attack became 392 !

so the question is .. please someone explain to me how it works and can I make it more powerful attack , is it depending on similarities between weapons or the elements? ..

finally reached 390 ..

so guys , something weird happened when i make infusion to my legendary sniper 390 and dismantled the other sniper 391 .. attack became 392 !

so the question is .. please someone explain to me how it works and can I make it more powerful attack , is it depending on similarities between weapons or the elements? ..

Happened to me a few times before. Not sure how it wirks. I just assume RNG.

Mindlog

finally reached 390 ..

When infusing something with an items that has **1 light you will get 1 extra light.
No one really knows why.

260 + 281 = 282
314 + 351 = 352
390 + 391 = 392

Need 1 more for Aksis Phase 2 on NM. Been stuck for an hour rotating players, need a quick victory run for him.

Update: Well, apparently I need one more in addition to Shem. A second person interested?

lawtowler

Trying again in here.

Anyone game for a fresh HM run in 3 hours time? Possibly slightly earlier... on ps4.
396 Warlock here. Haven't been able to finish HM yet due to time constraints!
Have done Vosik CM though.

Would love a smooth run.

Trying again in here.

Anyone game for a fresh HM run in 3 hours time? Possibly slightly earlier... on ps4.
396 Warlock here. Haven't been able to finish HM yet due to time constraints!
Have done Vosik CM though.

Would love a smooth run.

I can help.

PSN: lostsupper

In the meantime, anyone down to run the Nightfall?

Number45

My favorite Hunter cloak Cloak of the Sojourn. It looks like a long scarf and it trails behind you a bit like the ninja from Shinobi especially if you can find a shader that gives you dark armor with a bright colored cloth.
Nice! DO it is for my hunter after I get the FWC exotic.

well i just did it again with gjallarhorn it was 389 and i Infused it with a machine gun 391.. and boom now its 392 .. I think its not a bug

We know how to reproduce it, that doesn't make it not a bug. You think Bungie randomly just added a +1 increase when using --1 items only intentionally and didn't say anything about it?

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
We know how to reproduce it, that doesn't make it not a bug. You think Bungie randomly just added a +1 increase when using --1 items only intentionally and didn't say anything about it?

well , they didn't say a fucking word about exotic engrams that Xûr have which gives us year 1 armor and weapons !!
thats fucking stupid.. or is it a bug ??

well , they didn't say a fucking word about exotic engrams that Xûr have which gives us year 1 armor and weapons !!
thats fucking stupid.. or is it a bug ??
That's intentional, it's for people who want to complete year 1 collections as year 2/3 exotics don't unlock the year 1 versions.

...I don't think it's necessary anymore but it's not a bug.

What are the best looking class items for each class in the game right now?

For Hunter:

Cloak of the Shadowsmiths, All My Victims Cloak, Cloak of Taniks, Lion's Vigil Cloak, Makeshift Scarf, AOS#Cryptid Cloak, Mantle of Gheleon, Cloak of Oblivion, Chaos Cloak, Dead Zone Revolution, and last but not least Cloud Walker Tribute.

Top Bottom