• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

yeah I didn't focus on that but who need year 1 weapons and u can not upgrade them ?
They have been available since Year Two started. They allow collectors to complete their exotic collection.

Getting a Year One piece from a Legacy Engram does unlock the Year Two version in the Exotic kiosk, which you can upgrade.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
They have been available since Year Two started. They allow collectors to complete their exotic collection.

Getting a Year One piece from a Legacy Engram does unlock the Year Two version in the Exotic kiosk, which you can upgrade.

ah ok , can I upgrade my Ice Breaker then ? if yes
please tell me how

Deku Tree

Unfortunately Bungie hates Icebreaker so they have never made a Year Two version.

But we still remember its fiery beauty. #yearone #truenightfall #cheesingphogoth

TBH Icebreaker was dumb and it was only useful for cheese. Ammo is not a problem if you are not hiding in a corner and cheesing PvE. People loved Icebreaker in year 1 to cheese NF that kicked you to orbit upon failure and to cheese the bridge encounter in Crotas end. Also it was in the highest impact sniper class. But for normal PvE special ammo is not a problem.

Black Spindle And now Ex-Machina are much better high impact PvE snipers for the current end game content.

TBH Icebreaker was dumb and it was only useful for cheese. Ammo is not a problem if you are not hiding in a corner and cheesing PvE. People loved Icebreaker in year 1 to cheese NF that kicked you to orbit upon failure and to cheese the bridge encounter in Crotas end. Also it was in the highest impact sniper class. But for normal PvE special ammo is not a problem.

Black Spindle And now Ex-Machina are much better high impact PvE snipers for the current end game content.
I think calling Icebreaker dumb is missing the point. The encounters were designed in such a way that they encouraged cheesing. Jumping around with Fatebringer and a shotgun was about the quickest way to die in Year One Nightfalls.

Icebreaker was the best solution to that problem. Gjallarhorn had a similar narrative. Bungie has done a lot of work making those two guns unnecessary by altering their design philosophy.

The best encounters (in all games) allow for multiple strategies and game play styles. Bungie is doing a much better job nowadays.

Deku Tree

I think calling Icebreaker dumb is missing the point. The encounters were designed in such a way that they encouraged cheesing. Jumping around with Fatebringer and a shotgun was about the quickest way to die in Year One Nightfalls.

Icebreaker was the best solution to that problem. Gjallarhorn had a similar narrative. Bungie has done a lot of work making those two guns unnecessary by altering their design philosophy.

The best encounters (in all games) allow for multiple strategies and game play styles. Bungie is doing a much better job nowadays.

Yeah the IceBreaker and the underleveled encounter design and the kick to orbit mechanic of NF were all dumb. Calling the IceBreaker dumb is not missing the point but your right that it was only part of the problem. I was only addressing the IceBreaker part of the problem in my post.

The problem with Gjallarhorn was different. It's problem was that it was very hard to get and so good that no other Exotic was worth equipping in PvE.

BTW Bungie are doing a worse job in PvP encouraging multiple play styles: https://twitter.com/heyfitzy/status/794600267543093248

Buff autos plz Bungle. Bring my suros back pls. Nerf Matador and other shotgun snipers too.

Lima

Take rifled and reinforced barrel off of shotguns, bring back 1.5 crit for auto rifles and buff all primary damage across the board a little. Congrats your PvP is now in a better state.

SpecX

Take rifled and reinforced barrel off of shotguns, bring back 1.5 crit for auto rifles and buff all primary damage across the board a little. Congrats your PvP is now in a better state.

Honestly shotguns aren't too much of a pain in the ass for me like they were in HoW, so I would leave them where they are. Auto's do need a slight buff, maybe increase the damage when close to a target. There's no reason I should get destroyed by a pulse rifle when I'm on top of a guy with a high rof auto shredding their face unless I'm missing shots.

Deku Tree

People will come back for SRL and maybe time gated content.

Where is the Black Spindle mission of RoI? Where is the sleeper stimulant quest of RoI? Probably isn't one. Why did I bother collecting all the SIVA clusters?

For now I will keep doing the raid and some NF. Maybe a little light AF. Might play some IB next week.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I didn't think the trials sparrow looks nice but it actually is and leaves a nice blue and purple trail behind it.

SpecX

IB will definitely ignite some life back into this thread next week, but I also feel RoI didn't give enough to keep people around as long. I really did enjoy it, but I'm done with all the quests it had to offer minus the book. TTK gave me OCD with all the markers on the destination screen and I felt overwhelmed by the amount of quests that kept popping up.

SpecX

Who is the nine ?

any clue ?

and who the fuck is the speaker ? we dont know anything about him

YouTube is your friend. Tons of lore out there that explains what's in the cards on Bungie's website. This game has a deep story to it, but we only get a little of it in game. Also, Year 3 and there's no activity from the Speaker or Traveler which have nearly made them both forgettable.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looks like Destiny going into its lullaby phase again

Do stuff on Tuesday, forget till Trials, then do Trials Friday/Saturday

Wait till Reset

Time to pick up on again Paragon and WaifuWatch it looks like, coming back to you Mei-Bae and Pharah

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Only one guardian around for each team, this is what inferno trials is.

X9u98N6.gif

Looks like Destiny going into its lullaby phase again

Do stuff on Tuesday, forget till Trials, then do Trials Friday/Saturday

Wait till Reset

Time to pick up on again Paragon and WaifuWatch it looks like, coming back to you Mei-Bae and Pharah

When will the sweaty players stop playing trials on Sunday/Monday?

IB will definitely ignite some life back into this thread next week, but I also feel RoI didn't give enough to keep people around as long. I really did enjoy it, but I'm done with all the quests it had to offer minus the book. TTK gave me OCD with all the markers on the destination screen and I felt overwhelmed by the amount of quests that kept popping up.

I can't say it enough, I love the setting of the RoI/WotM expansion/raid and really wish it was the same in size and scope as TTK/KF but unfortunately it falls well short in both cases (expansion and raid).

Looking forward to the SRL event but I've been looking forward to a more fleshed out SRL since the initial one ended.

Bungie has work to do in both conveying what's in store (if much of anything) and creating fresh content/events in order to keep the players busy before the next major Destiny release most likely in the Fall of 2017 unless they surprise with a Spring release.

I was completely wrong in expecting this latest content drop to keep players interested into 2017 as the new patrol area/quests/campaign/forge/strike/new maps and extremely short raid simply will not be enough. That putrid Vosik CM does not get my hopes up for longevity of current content.

I really wish after two years, they would do "Scrubby Trials on a Tuesday" tm. Allow only people below a certain ELO or whatever run it for the adept weapons but no shot at the super elite emblem or something.

Exactly. The encounters weren't designed well at all. Take Cerberus Vae for example. It's obvious the designers wanted us to use the tanks to fight the ground troops and then eventually the big tank mini boss. But the tanks very easily get destroyed and do shit all damage to the enemies. So in a huge open battlefield, are you going to shoot at a big tank with a hand cannon or a sniper? It's like Bungie doesn't even try to break their own game. They just think players will play it as intended every time.

FinKL

So I'm kinda stuck at 393...is infusing your current stuff with exotics the best way?

I've seen my biggest LL gains in doing AForge for Ghosts, Class Item, & Artifact to be +2-3 LL before doing HM Raid. Then HM raid seems to drop stuff usually +2-6+ above what your current LL piece is. Then back to AF to boost Ghost, Class item, and artifact

I don't like decrypting exotics as they still have a chance to be the exact same light level as your current light.

Seem like it. Would raid myself, but doesnt seem like there are enough people to get one started. Post in here if you do find 4 more, I'll gladly join.

HM raid. ;)

Running the hard mode raid is the best way to raise your LL.
Iron Banner is back next week which should also provide you with plenty of loot drops.

I've seen my biggest LL gains in doing AForge for Ghosts, Class Item, & Artifact to be +2-3 LL before doing HM Raid. Then HM raid seems to drop stuff usually +2-6+ above what your current LL piece is. Then back to AF to boost Ghost, Class item, and artifact

I don't like decrypting exotics as they still have a chance to be the exact same light level as your current light.

Thanks for the answers! Hopefully complete the hard mode this week as my group struggled with normal haha

Top Bottom