• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Anyone have tips for soloing Crota's End without dying? I've been trying to get the Flawless Raider trophy forever, and I always die in the Abyss.
If you want to do it proper I'd be happy to help
If anyone else needs flawless also

If your soloing dark drinker
Makes the abyss a joke

Never got a roll like this! From a Dead Orbit rank up package:

I have one with Outlaw, Explosive Rounds, and Firefly...it destroys.

While you will have to get used to the recoil and tame the beast, stability perks aren't needed on such a slow firing scout and having full auto will almost work against you.

If you have a stability focused and high rate-of-fire scout then full auto can be useful but not for the Keystone.

What class are you using?
The way I did it with my warlock, I used double solar grenades. Go to first lamp, kill enemies with zhalo or a primary with firefly until Weight if darkness is gone, then jump on top of the lamp, reload. Go to the next lamp, when you're just about to reach it, throw a solar nade at your feet, then turn around and shoot thralls, wait for weight of darkness to deplete and then jump on top of the lamp. This way, if you only use 1 grenade per lamp, you'll always have one ready. Use radiance when you don't have one.
Zhalo, any sniper and a legendary sword is a good setup. Sword movement is not affected by weight of darkness, so you can use that to move faster to the next lamp. Sunbreakers help for longer solar nade time, too.

Bladedancers with Don't Touch Me gauntlets and all the invisibility perks make it super easy though.

Does the hunter exotic glove cheese still work? With overlapping crouch to invisi perks.

Doing flawless solo is a great achievement but doing it as a group us awesome too!

Anyone here actually do better in this trials mode than in the previous?

You'll probably find a mixed response. Some players loved it and found it a breath of fresh air, that's what change does.

I believe a lot of weaker teams and players were able to get success in trials due to inferno and no revives, and the matches varied from very intense to slightly campy.

While others hated the change but still got success because good players and coordinated teams tend to win regardless of the modifiers.

All in all it was a good move and I hope they can bring more modifiers to trials, maybe once a month or something like that.

Gong

Anyone here actually do better in this trials mode than in the previous?

I'm enjoying seeing friends of mine who were good in the first place enjoying Trials again as there's less passive play and things are more dynamic and free-flowing. Destroying good teams with teamwork, communication and enjoying the experience again. And when matched with a very good team,coming through tight games and feeling that euphoria at overcoming difficult teams. It's been a much needed breath of fresh air this past fortnight IMO..

People are complaining for sure, but think about it: why would you not adapt and welcome something new in PvP when the likes of Challenge Mode is welcomed in PvE without the same levels of rancour? Yes they're different modes, but in the end they're along the same lines with a similar demand to change up the usual behaviour. Trials will revert to normal next weekend no doubt, but that will be Bungie's loss and the wider community as a whole. Keep it as a separate mode within the Trials family of game types, watch people enjoy and be excited about something new.

Embrace it, change is always good.

Was just coming to post that.

I find it amusing that people go to lengths to create a fake that reveals literally nothing. We know Bungie is developing and testing Destiny 2. At least make up a fun code name or something, geez.

Is it fake though? I've seen people from here playing Destiny private test builds when they've forgot to hit offline mode and they were named just like that

GhaleonEB

Is it fake though? I've seen people from here playing Destiny private test builds when they've forgot to hit offline mode and they were named just like that

I guessing it's fake. He denied it rather than ignored it, Bungie is far more careful with public builds for games they have not shown vs. betas for games they have, and if he really did that I don't think it would be just one guy on Reddit posting about it.

rezn0r

Nemesis Star is it worth it ?

exotic machine gun

I don't hate it, but the only reason I'm using it over the Oryx MG right now is because I got a lucky higher LL decrypt the other day and didn't feel like infusing it.....yet. I wouldn't call it bad though.

GhaleonEB

On the same game I finally got enough void kills on the Light in the Dark quest, a Matador with full auto drops.

Cwgv-WmUQAA6IBD.jpg

Christmas came early.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Alright

Calling all Guardians!

Vault of Glass FUN RUN!

1. GraveRobberX
2. Shem0275
3. Festwill
4. arya41
5. Arrramis
6. Ghaleon_EB

Put your names up

Might do 1 full and save either checkpoints or reach Atheon x3

On the same game I finally got enough void kills on the Light in the Dark quest, a Matador with full auto drops.

Cwgv-WmUQAA6IBD.jpg

Christmas came early.
Apparently you don't want full auto though. It's a detrimental perk in that it increases shot pellet spread, therefore it decreases the effective range.

Fistwell

Alright

Calling all Guardians!

Vault of Glass FUN RUN!

1. GraveRobberX
2. "You too"
3. "How you doin'"
4. "Tag along"
5. "Sacrificial Lamb"
6. "Designated Survivor"

Put your names up

Might do 1 full and save either checkpoints or reach Atheon x3
When is this? I could do with some casual raiding + beer around nowish.

Well... after wanting to try Destiny for a long time I finally bought it and jumped in. I'm only about 3 hours in so I have barely any idea what I'm doing.. but it's fun so far!

I'll be annoying you pros with noob questions soon!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well... after wanting to try Destiny for a long time I finally bought it and jumped in. I'm only about 3 hours in so I have barely any idea what I'm doing.. but it's fun so far!

I'll be annoying you pros with noob questions soon!

Pro-Tip:

Shoot back at those things shooting at you!
Its a key objective

Top Bottom