• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Matt Frost

Trials handcannon and auto good?

The adept handcannon I use it everyday for PvE and works well with firefly and explosive ammo. The auto is worse than the Doctrine, not worth it. The best from the lighthouse is the pulse rifle, Blind Perdition adept. Awesome for PvP. Loving it

Just reached it again. Getting VERY good at trials :D

JayHayabusa

Any of these 2 worth keeping? Which is better?

xokpAqO.jpg

Ambitious

Are there any API issues right now? Ishtar Commander doesn't work for me. It's stuck at "Refreshing Account". I've already tried restarting it.

I actually really like the trials auto. This is coming from someone who hasn't really used one since Suros. I just like the stability and range on it.

Holiday

Banned
I'm taking 3 friends through the NM raid tonight for the first time (only my 2nd) and we'll be needing 2 more. We're hoping to start around 7:30 central time on PS4. We'll be getting monitors and fragments. If anyone is interested, don't hesitate to respond. Players who are looking for their first completion are more than welcome!

1. me
2. friend
3. friend
4. friend
5. Dr_LawyerCop

PSN: downbluff

EDIT: one more needed

I'm taking 3 friends through the NM raid tonight for the first time (only my 2nd) and we'll be needing 2 more. We're hoping to start around 7:30 central time on PS4. We'll be getting monitors and fragments. If anyone is interested, don't hesitate to respond. Players who are looking for their first completion are more than welcome!

1. me
2. friend
3. friend
4. friend

PSN: downbluff

I'm down. PSN same as GAF. I ran the raid once up to the 2nd phase of the last boss. 386 now so it should be a little easier.

Shiv47

Trying to finish the Control Shaxxfall bounty from a couple weeks ago. Was at 5/7 games, and 26-30 advantage kills. Four games later, I've gotten one more advantage kill, because I keep getting put in teams incapable of capturing two points, or garbage matchmaking puts me in shorthanded teams with no chance of doing anything. Had to quit playing or face a salt overload

Azerare

Is anyone running HM WOTM tonight? My buddy and I are looking to go through it. We've been through normal already but haven't attempted hard yet. We are both on PS4

Magik

I'm really curious to see how they approach the weapon balancing this time around as we have the usual tons of variables to take into account when it comes to Destiny PVP.

My solution, off the top of my head, is to continue slightly buffing Primaries while adjusting the special ammo economy.

I don't think we need Major adjustments to primaries just a few tweaks here and there for specific weapon classes.

When it comes to special ammo economy I'd simply reduce the amount of ammo boxes that can spawn in half as well as reducing the radius it drops for players.

Buff primaries a bit and reduce the amount of ammo available for specials and I think we could have a very stable meta where primaries are more usable while keeping specials strong.

Mostly agree with everything in that top response, although I would definitely make the hip fire stuff a priority. Even with the perk you miss shots all over the place, it's impossible to do anything without ADSing in this game (except rockets... sometimes). Would help against the shotgun runners so much.
Once that's done, literally remove the ability for TLW to ADS and give it the highest hip fire stat in the game. It's embarrassing how that gun is only useful when scoped, this has been going on since its inception.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It seems like everybody has a matador these days. Except me. I have to get myself one.

Going to run a train until a trials team forms. You want armor drops, play trials. You want weapon drops, play regular crucible.

ekgrey

Okay so as the couple of you who have played with or chatted with me know, I have yet to play a single Crucible match. Or raid, Trials, Prison of Elders...but those are beside the point.

I have pretty bad social anxiety. That's where this comes from, paired with an extreme discomfort with competition or confrontation of any kind. It was hard as fuck for me to post looking for help the couple times I have, and generally I can't bring myself to do it or invite people. So many abandoned a quests. :'(

But that's all, again, beside the point. I'm thinking about making a full post about this but right now the issue at hand is that I want the FotL rewards, as shitty as they may be, and that requires jumping into Crucible. What I want to know is what is the easiest way to do this? What weapons should I use for Crucible? What game type should I start with? Any general tips or tricks for doing well(-ish, I expect much death) and ideally even enjoying myself?

Thanks for any advice.

Top Bottom