• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Melchiah

I don't it by passes gathering the materials, you still have to do that step with each of the swords. What it does it by passes the step that you have to go to Crucible and get kills with the sword.

There is no faster way to gather the materials, best way is to equip yourself with a ghost that tracks the specific material and do a circle route doing patrol, you should have all the materials that you need in an hour and a half or so.

Ah. Well, at least I can pass the PVP part. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to start farming the materials then, and just give the swords to the Hunter, which is my main character.

Ah. Well, at least I can pass the PVP part. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to start farming the materials then, and just give the swords to the Hunter, which is my main character.

Yeah I was confused by the earlier posts, but this is right. I don't think there is anyway to bypass the materials stage. Its just a chore really.

I'd advise getting a fireteam for the final strike as you need a bit of coordination in killing the warden AND alakhul.

Warlock is amazing for WotM. Stormcaller for siege engine, nova bomb for pretty much the entire raid. 1 shots captains at vosik and aksis phase 1 and 2. axion bolt with embrace the void/hunger is amazing for clearing out adds (shanks at aksis especially). You can basically throw infinite grenades and take out adds all the time, even around corners. It's just... sunsinger is the most boring class in the game.

I'll give the voidlock a go then. I have found that energy drain and almost constant grenades in strikes has been really good.

The adds in vosiks get given a lot of boxes to hide behind so a tracking grenade would be good there.

Melchiah

Yeah I was confused by the earlier posts, but this is right. I don't think there is anyway to bypass the materials stage. Its just a chore really.

I'd advise getting a fireteam for the final strike as you need a bit of coordination in killing the warden AND alakhul.

Oh, so there's a Strike part as well. Do I have to do it three times, in order to finish the quests I have for all swords?

Sh0k

Oh, so there's a Strike part as well. Do I have to do it three times, in order to finish the quests I have for all swords?

Yeah, totally forgot about the strike. You have to do the Blindless Cell strike and kill the corresponding Warden and then the boss.

You can finish all of them at once, if you want. You have to kill the relavant warden before and within 30s of the boss. You do not need to use swords.

I did them one at a time. Now that I am over levelled I think it would be a lot easier to do them all in one go.

WeTeHa

I'll give the voidlock a go then. I have found that energy drain and almost constant grenades in strikes has been really good.

The adds in vosiks get given a lot of boxes to hide behind so a tracking grenade would be good there.

Health regen on melee hit, grenade and super kills is also pretty amazing for vosik and aksis.

You can finish all of them at once, if you want. You have to kill the relavant warden before and within 30s of the boss. You do not need to use swords.

I did them one at a time. Now that I am over levelled I think it would be a lot easier to do them all in one go.

It would be quicker overall but youll need to have all 3 wardens AND aluk hul on low health. Gally spam at the end to try and take all 3 out. With 3 people going nuts, 30 seconds is quite a lot of time, but probably not enough to get all 3 wardens from scratch.

Mindlog

I'll be able to run HM after 6PM EST or whenever I get back home.
The Viking funeral buff is very welcome, but it doesn't seem/feel as impactful as bubble and tether...these are also standard call outs from any raid team. No one shouts "Viking funeral" as they lob grenades at the boss.
A big reason for that is because it's so new. Viking Funeral is a great way to add DPS because throwing Fusion Grenades/Melee syncs very well with any other type of damage you are doing and VF stacks with just about everything.

Also Warlocks + Sword Swiping is the most fun movement around. (Jump, Sword, Mid-animation floof.)

Most importantly for me is that Fireborn lets you play stupid sloppy aggressive on every encounter. Just remember to switch back to Fireborn before doing so. Playing a smarter cautious style with Song of Flame is probably a better idea, but whatever I'm a Warlock.

GlamFM

Banned
Anyone interested in a HM raid, preferably starting at the Siege Engine?

(could also do full)

-Glam
-Friend of Glam
-
-
-
-

GlamFM

Banned
Anyone interested in a HM raid, preferably starting at the Siege Engine?

(could also do full)

-Glam
-Friend of Glam
-Ninja Kn1ght
-Duebrithil
-desgrafx
-

One more

Melchiah

Yeah, totally forgot about the strike. You have to do the Blindless Cell strike and kill the corresponding Warden and then the boss.

It would be quicker overall but youll need to have all 3 wardens AND aluk hul on low health. Gally spam at the end to try and take all 3 out. With 3 people going nuts, 30 seconds is quite a lot of time, but probably not enough to get all 3 wardens from scratch.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like it would be quite hard to try to do it in one go. Hopefully I can get my friends to help with doing three strikes. I imagine it has to be a heroic version?

With Iron Banner coming up, do I even need to get another Clever Dragon?
KX7uYj1.jpg

Thanks for the info. It sounds like it would be quite hard to try to do it in one go. Hopefully I can get my friends to help with doing three strikes. I imagine it has to be a heroic version?

It appears in your map as an extra version of the strike. It has matchmaking so have your fireteam pre-formed if you want one.

If you do match with randoms then pull out your sword to show them what element you want...hopefully they will do the same which means they have some idea of what they're doing. If they don't, then maybe invite them into party chat to make sure.

ekgrey

Anybody on XBO up for helping me hunt some Taken a little later? (The wife's taking a nap so I can't use voice right now.) I have so many friggin' bounties and missions to finish up across my characters. I think I need one Irxori, one Blighted Descendant and one Stirok.

Anybody on XBO up for helping me hunt some Taken a little later? (The wife's taking a nap so I can't use voice right now.) I have so many friggin' bounties and missions to finish up across my characters. I think I need one Irxori, one Blighted Descendant and one Stirok.

I *might* be online in around 3 hours or so..if I am I'm happy to help. My GT is the same as here. I may not check this thread again but I'll be looking out on Xbox if I'm on.

Top Bottom