• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Lima

You can Sherpa 2x per character. And you get enough fragments from one Run of HM to open all HM chests every week. How much more than that do you Sherpa? And how many fragments do you already have?

They brought the bug back where you don't get any fragments, not even on the first kill.

Needed 400 boots, got 400 boots on first IB game:

screen-shot-2016-11-08-at-7.png

Mindlog

I just realized I'm using modified claw with bumper jumper to skate faster as a Titan :x
Instead of using your index finger on left bumper horizontally wrap it over the bumper vertically to jam the button faster.

exYle

Need 2 more for HM WOTM in about a half hour, with the Aksis challenge. I'm a little low LL, but my friends are all higher than me and have done the raid before.

Because I need a break from the election, what would be the perfect roll for Clever Dragon?

Like I just got:
The Clever Dragon

For the top row of the first column I would rather Perfect Balance or Hammer Forged.
For the top row of the second column I would rather Snapshot or Quickdraw.

Now really, those top row changes are just to give me more options (I like the crazy synergy that the vendor roll has where if you switch up which row in which column you get a "different" gun). But like, the bottom rows for the first two columns are what I will be rocking and most likely rangefinder for PVP.

Honestly, I took a huge break between the April release and now and missed the Hawksaw vendor purchase and never really farmed for the grasp so I have no idea what the "meta" roll would be. As such, just asking for opinions. Like I checked some Youtube videos and I wanted to get this groups opinion on where this sits as I am not really a pvp player so its hard for me to judge there.

Thanks!

Dalek

Can I just say that playing Iron Banner as a solo player fucking sucks balls.

Literally 2 minutes into a match and it's over.

Dez_

Yeah, been playing solo today, and it's been a particularly painful experience. Lost nearly all of my matches and coming from a game that offers dedicated servers, the sloggy, lag filled games have been absolutely infuriating. Not to mention, that most of the games were join in progress that were already losing.

I just quit out of my last game. People were teleporting all over the place, and shots were not doing much damage. When the pvp, it feels fucking fantastic. When it doesn't, it's one of the most blood-boiling experiences you can have. Sigh, I need to take a break and hopefully catch a ride on some crucible trains tomorrow.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dan. Your man is about to ascend to becoming the most powerful being on the planet. Your wish will therefore be granted.

Sky Walker

Man, doing CM aksis with LFG is painful as f***. I might skip doing it with my remaining alts if I didn't find good group to play with.

Just do as same as I do :
not playing or not playing it Solo at all :p

Number45

Previously it seems that you get matched mostly with other solo teams, or at most fireteams of 3, when you're running solo but about two thirds of my games last night saw me against (never with, obviously) teams of 4 or 5. Those matches didn't end well.

Dalek

Previously it seems that you get matched mostly with other solo teams, or at most fireteams of 3, when you're running solo but about two thirds of my games last night saw me against (never with, obviously) teams of 4 or 5. Those matches didn't end well.

I did get my bounties done and got lots of good gear. I'm at 398 now. But I had to take my punishment to get it.

I'll continue to get boned this week just because the light level drops are so good and I can level up my old gear.

Lima

Them fucking up the fragments makes me wanna stop raiding. Also the hotfix for the hotfix is going to take weeks cause it would only be urgent to fix it if we were getting too many fragments.

GhaleonEB

No IB quest and no rank up packages for rank 3 and 5...... oh well i guess.

I was so confused when I kept going back to what's her name and there was no package. Loot has so far been few and very far between. Only once piece has actually helped my light level, and just one of three exotic engrams so far decoded over my current gear.

What the heck happened to the quest?

Flipside

Challenge mode was easy.
Team #FirstTry! Thanks, everybody. Would raid with again.

Pfft, all sorts of easy.

No one needs to know...

I'm still in fetal position.

Thanks so much for the run last night everyone! I did manage to get a few hours of sleep in. I’m never removing that emblem again ;)

Moments like these define gaming for me. With a group of gamers, sticking with something until beating it no matter what. If you ever need another guardian, you know where to find me!

CLBridges

This IB hasn't really started off great. Going solo against a lot of bloodthirsty sixes lol. Oh well, I'll continue grinding it out and look for some GAF trains here and there.

Are the Iron Banner Special Weapons a bounty reward only or could it be gotten as an after match reward? Can't say I've seen anyone get rewarded them but I got a few snipers from bounties.

Thanks so much for the run last night everyone! I did manage to get a few hours of sleep in. I’m never removing that emblem again ;)

Moments like these define gaming for me. With a group of gamers, sticking with something until beating it no matter what. If you ever need another guardian, you know where to find me!

Which strat did u guys end up using?

Flipside

Which strat did u guys end up using?

Going at it until Aksis got bored and decided he really wanted some sleep and gave us the emblem for free ;)

No, we did it with the empowered people watching the plates from a distance where they could reach the plate and Aksis on that side. Non-empowered were watching Aksis and called out his position after the teleport. If this was your side you had to turn around and dunk Aksis and if it wasn't you had to run to your plate. This was what you suggested too right?

Did you still manage to get it done yesterday?

Going at it until Aksis got bored and decided he really wanted some sleep and gave us the emblem for free ;)

No, we did it with the empowered people watching the plates from a distance where they could reach the plate and Aksis on that side. Non-empowered were watching Aksis and called out his position after the teleport. If this was your side you had to turn around and dunk Aksis and if it wasn't you had to run to your plate. This was what you suggested too right?

Did you still manage to get it done yesterday?

Yes. Thats what I sugested. And nope. I didnt get it. Got close multiple times but no kill.

Are the Iron Banner Special Weapons a bounty reward only or could it be gotten as an after match reward? Can't say I've seen anyone get rewarded them but I got a few snipers from bounties.

The only weapons that can drop post-game are the one's Efrideet is selling (Clever Dragon and the MG) everything is only from bounties.

lawtowler

So what's the point of reaching rank 5 in IB this time around if there are no packages?

Been trying to find a way to justify it myself to be honest.

Makes more sense to play until you get the gear you want and have done the bounties instead. Bound to get the pulse and machine gun before rank 5 from drops.

So what's the point of reaching rank 5 in IB this time around if there are no packages?
You still get packages from Lady Efrideet at Rank 3 and 5, in addition to the bounty rewards. Also, once one of your characters is Rank 5, the others level/rank up faster. Overall, worth it to reach rank 5 still.

Top Bottom