• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Thanks so much for the run last night everyone! I did manage to get a few hours of sleep in. I’m never removing that emblem again ;)

Moments like these define gaming for me. With a group of gamers, sticking with something until beating it no matter what. If you ever need another guardian, you know where to find me!

I'm really glad for you guys - but this worries me..if GAF is struggling then I am going to be quite screwed with LFG.

I've managed to do all of the PvE stuff in the past (every raid, every hard mode, every challenge mode)....I'm worried this one might be beyond me (and LFG) :-(

Ironically it is jumping/moving quickly that is screwing everyone rather than ability to shoot.

CREMSteve

Pro tip- max your agility, equip gear that speeds up your movement and position yourself so that when you are empowered and the last bomb is being thrown, you are doing nothing but watching the supercharge pad on your side from a specific spot that is equal distance between Aksis' possible landing spot and your supercharge pad.

Non-empowered people call out Aksis' teleport position, if it happens to be your side, turn around and haul ass to stun (your pad won't light up if he teleports to your side). If it's not your side, then haul ass to the supercharge pad, regardless of whether it lights up or not.

Supercharge as soon as it lights up while the other person stuns Aksis as soon as they can.

Lastly, if you get the supercharge but miss the stun, don't wipe. You can still beat the challenge if that happens, just jump on a pillar, and keep at it on the next cycle, there's more than enough damage available to do it in 2-3 cycles, so you should have at least 1-2 pillars available for a buffer.

Getting the supercharge is the key.

Kyne

You still get packages from Lady Efrideet at Rank 3 and 5, in addition to the bounty rewards. Also, once one of your characters is Rank 5, the others level/rank up faster. Overall, worth it to reach rank 5 still.

is this true?

do you still get rewards at rank 3 and 5?

J0dy77

Because I need a break from the election, what would be the perfect roll for Clever Dragon?

Like I just got:
The Clever Dragon

For the top row of the first column I would rather Perfect Balance or Hammer Forged.
For the top row of the second column I would rather Snapshot or Quickdraw.

Now really, those top row changes are just to give me more options (I like the crazy synergy that the vendor roll has where if you switch up which row in which column you get a "different" gun). But like, the bottom rows for the first two columns are what I will be rocking and most likely rangefinder for PVP.

Honestly, I took a huge break between the April release and now and missed the Hawksaw vendor purchase and never really farmed for the grasp so I have no idea what the "meta" roll would be. As such, just asking for opinions. Like I checked some Youtube videos and I wanted to get this groups opinion on where this sits as I am not really a pvp player so its hard for me to judge there.

Thanks!

That roll you got is my God Roll. Braced frame in the first slot is the preferred perk, HCR are best in the second and Range Finder might be my personal preference on the last.

The initial thought from the community was that BF, HCR and CB were true God roll but CB seems like such overkill. I'm curious if people feel differently now that so many people got the weapon.

BF seems like the most important item in the roll with the 2nd and 3rd being personal preference. I got a roll of BF, Quickdraw and Headseeker which I am loving. Not sure if Range finder would be better overall though, need to test to find out.

Did 1 Aksis CM last night with my raid crew. We were on a time crunch. It was fun. Not sure how much more of the raid I will play going forward. With 1:1 infusion I really don't need the drops like I did pre April Update KF.

I also got to IB Rank 5. Still searching for that PB, HCR, CB, Clever Dragon.

Sucks that you don't get anything at rank 5.
A close to god-roll clever dragon isn't enough? ;)

Think of it like this... They took the rank 5 rewards from the old structure and put them in the bounties. You only need to get to rank 5 on one character now. There's no need to grind it out x3.

Yeah, the first round of IB you got an extra rank 3 & 5 reward but compared to the old IB, it's much better IMO.

Clever dragon seems to be heavily weighted in scoreboard loot, I have gotten 7 on my TItan as I hit rank 4 last night. Good point on not needing to hit rank 5 on alts either, once I hit 5 I can just grind the 4 quests (really 2, I don't care about weapons honestly) and be completely done with IB.

I've tried a few of my CD's in crucible and I still infinitely prefer my outbreak prime to it. I get more consistent headshots and the effect has gotten a few extra kills for me. I rarely get the heavy in control so its a good exotic slot. I'm sure in Trials its not as good, but I love it as a primary.

I wish more armor would drop from scoreboard, have had 2 pieces I think but would be nice to get more of that infusion material instead of primary.

Still a great week of IB, double dipping on the crucible bounty makes it fast and easy.

Pro tip- max your agility, equip gear that speeds up your movement and position yourself so that when you are empowered and the last bomb is being thrown, you are doing nothing but watching the supercharge pad on your side from a specific spot that is equal distance between Aksis' possible landing spot and your supercharge pad.

Non-empowered people call out Aksis' teleport position, if it happens to be your side, turn around and haul ass to stun (your pad won't light up if he teleports to your side). If it's not your side, then haul ass to the supercharge pad, regardless of whether it lights up or not.

Supercharge as soon as it lights up while the other person stuns Aksis as soon as they can.

Lastly, if you get the supercharge but miss the stun, don't wipe. You can still beat the challenge if that happens, just jump on a pillar, and keep at it on the next cycle, there's more than enough damage available to do it in 2-3 cycles, so you should have at least 1-2 pillars available for a buffer.

Getting the supercharge is the key.

This. We didn't start making progress until we stopped waiting for the "stun" call.

1. All empowered people stare at their plate. If a lane is double-empowered, cannon holder always moves.

2. Non-empowered call Aksis's teleport location immediately.

3. Aksis jumper and plate smasher do their thing simultaneously.

4. Finish the book and uninstall Destiny.

Ambitious

Thanks so much for the run last night everyone! I did manage to get a few hours of sleep in. I’m never removing that emblem again ;)

Moments like these define gaming for me. With a group of gamers, sticking with something until beating it no matter what. If you ever need another guardian, you know where to find me!

Congratulations. I could barely keep my eyes open in the end, and the whole thing was just super frustrating. I don't even feel like trying it again.

Coxy100

Banned
hi guys. Not played since year 1. Some questions for when my copy arrives tomorrow (The Collection).

• I have the scout rifle 'B-Line Trauma' with a rating of 144 attack. Will I be able to keep this weapon with today's standards?
  • How do you upgrade weapons / armour now? (I understand how light works differently now)
  • I have the Gjallarhorn (exotic) but I believe it's rubbish now because it's a year 1 weapon - do I just turn it into a 'shard'?

I will have to get a new cloak and ghost shell sharpish - they don't have any light!

Thanks for any help :)

hi guys. Not played since year 1. Some questions for when my copy arrives tomorrow (The Collection). [...]Thanks for any help :)

Year 1 stuff can only go up to 170 light; Year 2/3 stuff goes up to 400. So you can use it, but only so far. You can always use it in normal PvP stuff as light level is normalized.

Mindlog

Pfft, all sorts of easy.

No one needs to know...
Just want to say thanks for the laugh. Every time I read that spoiler I read it in this voice.
5YMePMs.jpg

Congratulations. I could barely keep my eyes open in the end, and the whole thing was just super frustrating. I don't even feel like trying it again.
I think we got it now.
The hardest part is breaking what used to be 'good habits.' Using the supercharge method is faster, but speed isn't really traditionally an issue with the encounter. You wanted overlap to make sure Aksis was stunned.

My own ruleset to always remember (same as the other posted basically.)
1. Stare at your plate. If you hear Aksis is not on your side move towards your plate. Do this until your old habit of worrying about Aksis is over. After that feel free to watch the teleport to ferret out the likely move.
2. There will always be 1 left, 1 right, 1 mid. We don't need two mid.

Hypothetically for efficiency sake. Only bomb throwers should call themselves empowered. This makes it easier for cannon users to figure out where to go in subsequent phases. Empowered Mid, Empowered Left, Flex Right (mid cannon user.) Cannon users would always refer to their coverage as 'flex.' Flex users always cover their natural position.

bleh. probably need sleep -_-

hi guys. Not played since year 1. Some questions for when my copy arrives tomorrow (The Collection).

• I have the scout rifle 'B-Line Trauma' with a rating of 144 attack. Will I be able to keep this weapon with today's standards?
  • How do you upgrade weapons / armour now? (I understand how light works differently now)
  • I have the Gjallarhorn (exotic) but I believe it's rubbish now because it's a year 1 weapon - do I just turn it into a 'shard'?

I will have to get a new cloak and ghost shell sharpish - they don't have any light!

Thanks for any help :)

Nothing you're holding from year one can go above 170 unfortunately. Spend some time raising your level and using the blues that drop to fill in your gear until legendaries become normal. Just don't get discouraged if you're wearing blues all the way to 385.

Keep whatever legendaries you get in your vault and dismantle the crap rolled ones later. Later being once you've found a set you like. I'm sure there's a guide on page 1.

GlamFM

Banned
Aksis Phase 2 CM in roughly 2 hrs:

-Glam
-lawtowler
-Silver
-Sky Walker ?
-Ambitious
-Mindlog

Full if Sky Walker is in fact in.

Are they not giving rewards for hitting Rank 3 in Iron Banner? Either way, I've been doing pretty OK with post-match drops. I wasn't really feeling the Clever Dragon, but I got one with hand laid stock, rangefinder and headseeker. It's pretty damn good.

GlamFM

Banned
Aksis Phase 2 CM in roughly 1,5 hrs:

-Glam
-lawtowler
-Silver
-Sky Walker ?
-Ambitious
-Mindlog

I´ll come online a soon as my daughter falls asleep.

Sky Walker

Aksis Phase 2 CM in roughly 1,5 hrs:

-Glam
-lawtowler
-Silver
-Sky Walker ?
-Ambitious
-Mindlog

I´ll come online a soon as my daughter falls asleep.
Unfortunately I got it done :p I still have my hunter alt to go for CM kill but no cp.

Top Bottom