• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

ll_J0N_ll

Does anyone else feel the need to rebel against all metas? I can't help it. I've had a dozen Matadors, any one of them could've been the God roll, but I just don't care enough to even look.

Field choke, Full Auto, Smallbore/Rifled Barrel, Rangefinder.

I have like 3 of these. Full Auto is no joke.

I have full auto/smallbore/rangefinder, but I don't have field choke. I have smooth ballistics, cqb ballistics, and aggressive ballistics.
Which should I use?

Lima

Full auto decrease one hit kill range. Also aggressive ballistics is the one you want instead of field choke.

And never fucking smallbore. Rifled or reinforced.

vin-buc

Full auto decrease one hit kill range. Also aggressive ballistics is the one you want instead of field choke.

And never fucking smallbore. Rifled or reinforced.

Full Auto is amazing. Take out multiple opponents with ease. Smallbore also gives extra stability which helps recenter your sights since the Matador has a lot of recoil. Helps me with the Full Auto.

I have rifled barrel with the exact same other perks.

Lima

Full Auto is amazing. Take out multiple opponents with ease. Smallbore also gives extra stability which helps recenter your sights since the Matador has a lot of recoil. Helps me with the Full Auto.

I have rifled barrel with the exact same other perks.

No and no.

Use the one with rifled.

Dez_

I was tired of waiting for the perfect roll on my PD-X 45 package. I settled for the latest one that offered perfect balance, hidden hand, and rifled barrel. It doesn't seem to stand against the sea of grasps / dragons, but it does feel pretty nice.

Magik

I was tired of waiting for the perfect roll on my PD-X 45 package. I settled for the latest one that offered perfect balance, hidden hand, and rifled barrel. It doesn't seem to stand against the sea of grasps / dragons, but it does feel pretty nice.

Unfortunately as good as the pdx can be, grasp and cdragon are better.

You just have to be more mindful and aware of your surroundings and challenge the right battles with the pdx.

I heard those are a good counter to shotguns...been trying with trespasser and it hasnt worked so well as I feel I am outranged by the shotguns.

I found Trespasser the same— others seem to love it.

Have a variety of legendaries I much prefer. If you need one, try the FWC vendor roll Wormwood.

GunnerZ

Full Auto on a shotgun like the matador widens the pellet spread making it's range and consistent kill potential worst then a matador without full auto.

Accurized ballistics, Perfomance bonus, Rifled Barrel, and Close and/or Personal (to kill supers) is the best roll IMO.

vin-buc

Full Auto on a shotgun like the matador widens the pellet spread making it's range and consistent kill potential worst then a matador without full auto.

Accurized ballistics, Perfomance bonus, Rifled Barrel, and Close and/or Personal (to kill supers) is the best roll IMO.

I pick whatever gives me the most range. I feel like Full Auto is mandatory for me without a doubt. Performance Bonus (that's last bullet in the mag does more damage?) - if so - I don't use that because unless I'm out of ammo I always reload. All my matadors have Full Auto, rangefinder, rifled barrel/small bore and field choke (the perks)

GunnerZ

I pick whatever gives me the most range. I feel like Full Auto is mandatory for me without a doubt. Performance Bonus (that's last bullet in the mag does more damage?) - if so - I don't use that because unless I'm out of ammo I always reload. All my matadors have Full Auto, rangefinder, rifled barrel/small bore and field choke (the perks)
I encourage you to play with whatever roll you see fit, if full auto work for you and you enjoy it, stick with it. As long as it's a matador with max range your good. Im just here inform not impose.

Performance Bonus give you a chance to have a shell go back in the reserve ammo afrer a kill, the perk your thinking of is Final Round.

vin-buc

I encourage you to play with whatever roll you see fit, if full auto work for you and you enjoy it, stick with it. As long as it's a matador with max range your good. Im just here inform not impose.

Performance Bonus give you a chance to have a shell go back in the reserve ammo afrer a kill, the perk your thinking of is Final Round.

Thanks btw - and yes I always compare to make sure I have the max range.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I've been away for 2 days

Cleaning up my room and adjusting stuff
So I'm selling my 160GB PS3 Slim, 500GB PS4, and a busted OLED 3G/WiFi Vita
2 Dualshock 3's, 2 Dualshock 4's

Was gonna sell the PS3 and PS4 games but I'm getting like 0.50-1.00 for like COD Ghosts or Skyrim @ GameStop, will sell lot on GAF BST hopefully

So yeah I might not be back till weekend

Hopefully all trade in and $100 gets me the ps4 pro hopefully

vin-buc

So I've been away for 2 days

Cleaning up my room and adjusting stuff
So I'm selling my 160GB PS3 Slim, 500GB PS4, and a busted OLED 3G/WiFi Vita
2 Dualshock 3's, 2 Dualshock 4's

Was gonna sell the PS3 and PS4 games but I'm getting like 0.50-1.00 for like COD Ghosts or Skyrim @ GameStop, will sell lot on GAF BST hopefully

So yeah I might not be back till weekend

Hopefully all trade in and $100 gets me the ps4 pro hopefully

I'm kinda bummed that bungie isn't updating Destiny with a pro patch. Mine should be coming in tomorrow but Destiny will be the same.

GhaleonEB

If anyone wants a quick Nightfall, I'm at the boss. I just got him down to 10% and then my own super (Shadowshot) killed me somehow. :\

Number45

Got OP last night (my group are taking things slow on RoI, no need to rush through). ^_^

I'm not sure it'll be worth my exotic slot for most activities, but I'm going to give it a go later in IB and see how I like it.

You have to be sneaky.
I'm getting much better at timing activations of my super. Quite a few 3/4 kills with my blade in IB last night! Still struggle to control it sometimes, particularly to deal with people jumping. I also need to learn to blink as I'm rushing down more.

Dalek

Yes I get it. People in fireteams are going to do better in Iron Banner. But does that mean we solo players have to get fucking destroyed EVERY match? It's really demoralizing.

GlamFM

Banned
Getting really close to not having to play Destiny for a while - somehow a great feeling.

Did the HM and both challenges, have a character at 399 with only the boots missing and only need one more NF to finish my book.

Other games: I´m coming to you, soon.

Number45

Yes I get it. People in fireteams are going to do better in Iron Banner. But does that mean we solo players have to get fucking destroyed EVERY match? It's really demoralizing.
I've noticed it this time around too - they're supposed to group randoms against randoms but I've been up against a lot of full or almost full fireteams. Wasn't a real problem last time out but I've definitely noticed it more this week.

Is it just me or are the control points on ikarus screwed. If you are at C you've lost. The other team can get to B before you get to C nevermind halfway to B.

What's everyone playing besides Destiny? I never did the raid but I'll be at 400 within the next couple days, and if there's no more updates there's no reason to keep going after that.

I'm going to try out Titanfall and I'll be getting Battlefield on Black Friday (or maybe sooner). Also have Dishonored 2 being delivered today so I should have plenty to keep me busy the next couple months.

Edit almost forgot about TLG releasing in a few weeks and I also bought World of FF. So I'm good lol. Going to miss Destiny though.

GlamFM

Banned
What's everyone playing besides Destiny? I never did the raid but I'll be at 400 within the next couple days, and if there's no more updates there's no reason to keep going after that.

I'm going to try out Titanfall and I'll be getting Battlefield on Black Friday (or maybe sooner). Also have Dishonored 2 being delivered today so I should have plenty to keep me busy the next couple months.

Edit almost forgot about TLG releasing in a few weeks and I also bought World of FF. So I'm good lol. Going to miss Destiny though.

Titanfall 2
Modern Warfare Remastered
Forza Horizon 3

AggBalls + Rifled/Reinforced + Rangefinder will give you the highest possible OHKO range.

Edit: Here's the difference between full auto and non-full auto matadors.

CvyOgieUsAAdoN_.jpg

Coxy100

Banned
My copy of Destiny: The Collection has arrived.

If I redeem the codes on PSN and then 'download' them to my PS4 whilst I'm at work - will that work without the base game installed?

Or do I have to be patient and wait till I get home and install the base game first...

GlamFM

Banned
My copy of Destiny: The Collection has arrived.

Congrats - awesome game.

If I redeem the codes on PSN and then 'download' them to my PS4 whilst I'm at work - will that work without the base game installed?

Nope.

Or do I have to be patient and wait till I get home and install the base game first...

Yes.

EDIT: Wait! Misunderstood you - pretty sure you can download expansions, but not play them without the base game.

I use 3oC every match now. I've gotten back to back exotics a few weeks back when I cared to use them.

Last night on Xbox, I played 7 IB matches, used 1 on each match and got exotics on game 6 and game 7.

I used to skip the next game after getting an exotic and it would work ~ 1 exotics per 5-7 games, but I noticed with ROI it dropped to like 10+ games at times without an exotic. Every match now has seemed to work best for me.

HOWEVER, please let 3 of Coins DIE. Burn it and never go back to it, Bungie. It's SUCH a boring mechanic and it doesn't feel rewarding WHATSOEVER. Bring back random exotics dropping in the wild, just do it with the frequency they drop as if you used 3oC every match.

Coxy100

Banned
Congrats - awesome game.....

EDIT: Wait! Misunderstood you - pretty sure you can download expansions, but not play them without the base game.

The expansions are just keys so while you can redeem them they won't trigger the base game download.

Thanks guys. I know it won't trigger the base game download. I just wanted to be able to download the expansions now whilst I'm at work and then install the base game when I get home via the disc.

It saves time because this way the expansions should be downloaded ready for when I get home. But on the 'redeem code' sheet it says: 'Destiny game installation required prior to redeeming code' so I guess it needs the base game before it can download the expansions :(

PS4 Pro comes today. RIP having to redownload Destiny tonight.

I played with the vendor CD all last night. It doesn't seem worth it unless you get one with HCR. The lack of AA just doesn't feel as good as the Grasp I have. I'll probably try and mess around with the vendor one tonight again.

But on the 'redeem code' sheet it says: 'Destiny game installation required prior to redeeming code' so I guess it needs the base game before it can download the expansions :(

Redeeming the expansion code results in a very small download— the expansions are part of the huge base game download regardless of whether you own them or not.

Dave_6

Had a pretty good Clever Dragon drop last night; has PB or BF and the 2nd column has high caliber rounds (hidden hand and life support on the 3rd column). Think I like it better than my Grasp.

Had a pretty good Clever Dragon drop last night; has PB or BF and the 2nd column has high caliber rounds (hidden hand and life support on the 3rd column). Think I like it better than my Grasp.

BF, HCR and "X" is a great roll.

X:
1) Rangefinder or CB
2) HH
3) HeadSeeker, Glass Half Full

Those are my preferences but you really can't go wrong with any of those, so long as you have BF + HCR. For example, some people really like HS

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
BF, HCR and "X" is a great roll.

X:
1) Rangefinder or CB
2) HH
3) HeadSeeker, Glass Half Full

Those are my preferences but you really can't go wrong with any of those, so long as you have BF + HCR. For example, some people really like HS

HLS is better because it doesn't reduce magazine size and the range difference doesn't materially impact the gun.

Now if only I could get a CD with HCR. I've had 2 drop total and both were bad rolls. Almost rank 5 on titan now too.

Dave_6

I was using PB instead of BF for the increased magazine, but since I was never really running out I'll probably switch to BF.

I use 3oC every match now. I've gotten back to back exotics a few weeks back when I cared to use them.

Last night on Xbox, I played 7 IB matches, used 1 on each match and got exotics on game 6 and game 7.

I used to skip the next game after getting an exotic and it would work ~ 1 exotics per 5-7 games, but I noticed with ROI it dropped to like 10+ games at times without an exotic. Every match now has seemed to work best for me.

HOWEVER, please let 3 of Coins DIE. Burn it and never go back to it, Bungie. It's SUCH a boring mechanic and it doesn't feel rewarding WHATSOEVER. Bring back random exotics dropping in the wild, just do it with the frequency they drop as if you used 3oC every match.

Yeah - the way Luke Smith described it, it always sounded like a bit of a hack they put in fairly late on in development of TTK to make it more generous.

I dont know if they did it because only end-game(ish) people have the strange coins available to buy the 3oC...i.e. they can't program boss drop rates to be light/level specific and they don't want people at level 10 farming level 8 sepiks for exotics (that they then can't wear for 30 levels).

IMHO exotics for awhile now (TTK to now) have taken on the role of "light filler" rather than "amazing and rare drop". I would put the rate down slightly to maybe 1 in 8...MAYBE 1 in 10....

The trouble with drop rates is the "long tail" you get on loot.... 1 in 10 doesn't sound too bad, and after 7 games you would have a 50:50 chance of getting one...the trouble is that after 22 games there is still a 10% chance that you haven't gotten one.

This means some unlucky people have really long losing streaks. This is also why they boost the drop rate the longer you go without a drop - it shortens the chance of a massive losing streak considerably.

Fake edit - actually I bet that's why 30C exist - so they have something to keep track of drops over time - a sepiks instance and game code will have no idea how many previous ultra's you have killed and therefore what your adjusted drop rate should be.

Top Bottom