• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Foxxsoxx

I find it kind of weird they're going to support the game until D2 comes out but they haven't mentioned a patch for Pro, which means it likely isn't coming... for a game they're still supporting with content...

:\

vin-buc

This.

Full auto is a bad perk for Trials or 3v3 in general but comes in handy for 6v6.

While the tests don't lie - I think the number of shotgun encounters that I've had in that distance is low. Most of the time it's very close (and with sliding) where full-Auto is clutch (for me at least - an average player). I can definitely say that at a range like that I have to switch to primary because a single shot will take the shield down or less damage.

I played Trials with 2 good gaffers on Sunday and I can tell you that I was beasting (in my own world) people with my setup. 1v3's a handful of times straight shottie.

Strangelove77 - What Lima and the others say is right by the math and will probably be better for specific play styles. I was only offering what has been working for me.

I've gotten about 4 or 5 CDs so far, but only one MG. My highlight so far has PB/BF, HCR, Range Finder. I like it, although I am feeling the effects of the small mag.

PS4 Pro comes today. RIP having to redownload Destiny tonight.

I played with the vendor CD all last night. It doesn't seem worth it unless you get one with HCR. The lack of AA just doesn't feel as good as the Grasp I have. I'll probably try and mess around with the vendor one tonight again.
U can transfer all your data via Lan connection,I did some it .

GlamFM

Banned
Asking again for new page. Help?

Iron Lord artifact achievement never unlocked for me although it should have.

Any ideas?

Arrrammis

Man, crucible is infested with clever dragons. Was the garden of Suros this annoying??

It was worse, plus being one-shotted by sunsinger DoT, shotguns having even longer range, and final round snipers being able to one-shot everyone on a body shot. This is better.

Mindlog

Holy crap it actually spawned me on the flank? This never happens.
h5wzutL.gif

yeah!

It was worse, plus being one-shotted by sunsinger DoT, shotguns having even longer range, and final round snipers being able to one-shot everyone on a body shot. This is better.

But Reddit destiny says CD is unbalanced because everyone is running it. Won't someone thing of the extended range shotgun meta?

I fear the nerf coming in as I am liking this gun and archetype. Rather I'd like other primaries to be buffed (and shotgun range nerfed *shifty eyes*).

Dez_

But Reddit destiny says CD is unbalanced because everyone is running it. Won't someone thing of the extended range shotgun meta?

I fear the nerf coming in as I am liking this gun and archetype. Rather I'd like other primaries to be buffed (and shotgun range nerfed *shifty eyes*).
I remember when Nirwen's Mercy was pretty prevalent after its debut in IB. Being able to map people and two burst kill before the weapon got hit with the damage nerf. I was honestly expecting the grasp archetype to be hit with a nerf back around the time during the omnigul farm many months ago, but Bungie said they wanted pulses to stay within the 3 burst kill phase, or something to that the extent. I imagine something is going to be changed, given how much more use the weapon archetype has had.

Stop with the nerfs. Seriously guys. Primary need improving. The game is a secondary fest as it is. If we nerf decent primaries it will only get worse.

To kill quick with grasp and CD you need to hit those crits. You hit a few body shots and the ttk goes up. Hawksaw is much more forgiving. In my opinion the hawksaw and grasp archetype are in a good place. It's the rest of the primaries that need bringing up.

Stop with the nerfs. Seriously guys. Primary need improving. The game is a secondary fest as it is. If we nerf decent primaries it will only get worse.

To kill quick with grasp and CD you need to hit those crits. You hit a few body shots and the ttk goes up. Hawksaw is much more forgiving. In my opinion the hawksaw and grasp archetype are in a good place. It's the rest of the primaries that need bringing up.

You know deep down inside that they will still nerf the primaries. Then when they realize no one is using primaries, they will start with the specials. After that primaries shall rule again.

vctor182

I remember when Nirwen's Mercy was pretty prevalent after its debut in IB. Being able to map people and two burst kill before the weapon got hit with the damage nerf. I was honestly expecting the grasp archetype to be hit with a nerf back around the time during the omnigul farm many months ago, but Bungie said they wanted pulses to stay within the 3 burst kill phase, or something to that the extent. I imagine something is going to be changed, given how much more use the weapon archetype has had.

The Nirwen's Mercy archetype actually needed some skill to do the 2 burst kill. Clever Dragon/ Grasp is like having a long range AR. With the way hand cannons are right now (unreliable) everyone is shifting to this particular PR. I remember back in the Suros era you would still see Hawkmoons, TLW, Red Deaths, now all I'm seeing this matches are CD and Grasps.

Matticers

Is anyone on PS4 wanting to do Archon's Forge? I need to get my class armor up to 390+

Nevermind. I open a crucible package and finally get one. lol

J0dy77

Everyone is running it because it's the focal weapon for this IB. Everyone is getting the drops and the vendor roll that is extremely strong and taking it out for a spin. Give it a few weeks and some people will still be using CD and others will go back to their favorite guns. Right now is not the time to judge CD and its balance.

Number45

My rank 5 IB reward: my first 400 item! Proud Spire with rifled, rangefinder and quickdraw or casket mag. Not too shabby!

One day I'll get a Matador worth using.

Dez_

Right, the slower archetypes are more forgiving and allow more body shots. I still generally prefer the Nirwen's archetype in 6v6 generally, even if the ttk isn't technically as viable as the faster pulses. I'm not asking for any nerfs, to be honest, but I am expecting Bungie is probably going to do something to the highest rof weapons maybe, especially if / when anything becomes a dominating force in the crucible. I'm just used to it at this point.

Lee

Everyone is running it because it's the focal weapon for this IB. Everyone is getting the drops and the vendor roll that is extremely strong and taking it out for a spin. Give it a few weeks and some people will still be using CD and others will go back to their favorite guns. Right now is not the time to judge CD and its balance.

Agreed. They need to add in an Iron Banner pulse rifle kills bounty and then use the numbers from that week.

Right, the slower archetypes are more forgiving and allow more body shots. I still generally prefer the Nirwen's archetype in 6v6 generally, even if the ttk isn't technically as viable as the faster pulses. I'm not asking for any nerfs, to be honest, but I am expecting Bungie is probably going to do something to the highest rof weapons maybe, especially if / when anything becomes a dominating force in the crucible. I'm just used to it at this point.

Reduce bloom / ghost bullets on hand cannons, slight buff to all auto rifles damage and primaries should be in a good place.

BLCKATK

Hard to believe we have enough interest at this time but i'll ask.

Do we have 6 for a full raid including challenge?

1. Silver
2. Azys_

399 Titan here. Would love to do an HM run. What time are you planning on starting? I'm not sure if I'll be available until the evening EST.

It seems like every other player in Iron Banner has a flawless emblem. Do regular people not play Destiny PVP anymore?

Yeah, I'm salty about sucking at trials

Top Bottom