• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Dalek

Getting just decimated all night long. I finally get in one game where I'm not getting steamrolled left and right. Immediately afterwards: "We're breaking up those teams to find a better match."

Put into a game in progress about to end and losing by a landslide.

GhaleonEB

Night 3 - still no Clever Dragon.

I have not gotten one either. I'm nearly rank 4, with just one bounty to cash in yet. Meanwhile, they are falling like rain around me.

Cw6V2KsXgAEgJpu.jpg

Calcium

Banned
Hey Destiny GAF, I just started playing again. Finished up the Taken King story missions last night and I'm working towards getting geared for the raid. Does the GAF clan still exist? If so, how often do people run old content? I'd really like some help getting the Crota raid finished and the trophy for completing a raid with a team all from the same clan if possible.

GhaleonEB

Hey Destiny GAF, I just started playing again. Finished up the Taken King story missions last night and I'm working towards getting geared for the raid. Does the GAF clan still exist? If so, how often do people run old content? I'd really like some help getting the Crota raid finished and the trophy for completing a raid with a team all from the same clan if possible.

I'd actually like to do the same. I've gotten it in my head that I'd like to platinum the game before Destiny 2 lands, but I've never joined a clan. I'm not actually sure how to go about doing that. :lol

Waldini

Started Iron Banner yesterday.

Nearing rank 4,5.
Not one Clever Dragon. Seeing 'em drop for my team ... and randoms. One in my team got 5 in ... 2 hours? Ridicilous.

Still .. I'm melting people with my Blind Perdition. If I end up having to pick up the Vendor one I'll be pleased.

I'd actually like to do the same. I've gotten it in my head that I'd like to platinum the game before Destiny 2 lands, but I've never joined a clan. I'm not actually sure how to go about doing that. :lol

You join via bungie.net - don't think it can be done in game. You apply to join a group and they have to accept you, and then you set that group as your active clan.

Coxy100

Banned
Started playing again last night for the first time since year 1 - awesome!

Do they still do the daily strikes that grant you strange coins and marks? Unless I was blind I couldn't see it.

Am going to play the nightstalker missions tonight so I can start to use that sub-class.

Also want to save some marks ready for a decent scout rifle.

Damn I've missed Destiny.

Number45

You get marks from the daily heroic quests and daily PvP mode, as well as from the nightfall, weekly heroic strikes (x3) and weekly PvP mode. Iron Banner running at the moment is a good source of marks from the bounties.

There's no quest that awards strange coins
aside from the nightfall, obviously!
but you now get them from doing all sorts of stuff. Most notably ranking any faction up will give you four guaranteed strange coins each.

Started playing again last night for the first time since year 1 - awesome!

Do they still do the daily strikes that grant you strange coins and marks? Unless I was blind I couldn't see it.

Am going to play the nightstalker missions tonight so I can start to use that sub-class.

Also want to save some marks ready for a decent scout rifle.

Damn I've missed Destiny.

Welcome back! Daily story gives some legendary marks, nothing gives guaranteed strange coins any more. The first three weekly strikes also give marks.
All of those should be circles in the bottom left hand corner of your director....

Actually - im not sure what happens if you don';t have the DLC and therefore access to those missions.

You'll need to be...hmm maybe 300 something for the daily stories and 350 for the weekly heroics

Coxy100

Banned
Welcome back! Daily story gives some legendary marks, nothing gives guaranteed strange coins any more. The first three weekly strikes also give marks.
All of those should be circles in the bottom left hand corner of your director....

Actually - im not sure what happens if you don';t have the DLC and therefore access to those missions.

You'll need to be...hmm maybe 300 something for the daily stories and 350 for the weekly heroics

Ah that could be why. After ditching my year 1 gear and using the level 40 boost I think I'm still only sitting on 280 light.... :(

Coxy100

Banned
You get marks from the daily heroic quests and daily PvP mode, as well as from the nightfall, weekly heroic strikes (x3) and weekly PvP mode. Iron Banner running at the moment is a good source of marks from the bounties.

There's no quest that awards strange coins
aside from the nightfall, obviously!
but you now get them from doing all sorts of stuff. Most notably ranking any faction up will give you four guaranteed strange coins each.

and you get that from just 'wearing' their badge yeah? (anything else you have to do to get their rating up?)

and you get that from just 'wearing' their badge yeah? (anything else you have to do to get their rating up?)

Normally if you're just under-light the circles will still show but it will either stop you entering and/or warn you that it will be hard.

For factions - yes "pledge allegiance" by walking up to one and buying the special badge. Some class items have "increase rep gain with a faction" on them...but then others will increase rep with the vanguard and others within crucible so I never bother worrying which i have on.

I'd say work through the story and strike missions and whatever quests you fancy. SC and rep will come along as you do that.

If you want to do old raids - set a time in advance on the100.io or get in on hawkians raids.

LiK

You can actually just make your own. Get everyone to set it as their active clan, do the raid and get the trophy. Then delete the clan if you want.

You can actually just make your own. Get everyone to set it as their active clan, do the raid and get the trophy. Then delete the clan if you want.

There was a clan set up for this back in the Crota era. I remember GutZ would make everyone switch to the "Achievement" Clan before running flawless so everyone that got flawless would get the clan trophy at the same time.

ch4fx_

I betcha RNG hates me more...

Tonight's the night, it's gotta be. Right? Oddly enough, I literally can't even hold all theses fucking heavies, chest pieces & boots.

How many rounds? I think I'm right around 40 matches and I've gotten 4 CDs. So about 1 in 10 for me so far.

Not sure on the number of matches but I've played for roughly 3 hours/night the last 3 nights, so whatever that works out to. Thankfully the vendor roll is decent, but I was hoping for a little variety via RNG & we see how that's going.

I have not gotten one either. I'm nearly rank 4, with just one bounty to cash in yet. Meanwhile, they are falling like rain around me.

Wow, RIP. I've been the odd guy out to get no reward, but certainly not to that extent.

If you have trouble with getting 6 together + getting everyone in the same clan, the trophy is still obtainable with 3, even 2 people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re..._can_get_you_the_raiding_party/?client=safari

Ignore the talk about Flawless Raider working because unfortunately it does not, but Raiding Party definitely works in the higher level PoEs. The raids are obviously more enjoyable, but at least there's an alternative if you have trouble getting a party together.

FyreWulff

jd_5985.png

Really curious IF and WHEN will they address this.
It's mind boggling that the developer of Halo, a once top PvP console game (IMHO) screwed this up so much.

It's been intentional since Halo era to have tradekills. It's also not running at a 10 tick rate, lol. It's a programmed window. Even guns can fire after being dropped - since Halo 3. Melee trading was actually patched INTO Halo 3.

So, stepping aside from my opinion on tradekills.. it's more a quirk of Bungie themselves and how they make games, not a technical limitation.

You can read up about their philosophy on it in this Halo 3 era BWU.

Started Iron Banner yesterday.

Nearing rank 4,5.
Not one Clever Dragon. Seeing 'em drop for my team ... and randoms. One in my team got 5 in ... 2 hours? Ridicilous.

Still .. I'm melting people with my Blind Perdition. If I end up having to pick up the Vendor one I'll be pleased.

last iron banner, i got about 10 clever dragons. had no idea what rolls was lol so just sold all of them with lower light.

this iron banner, im on my 3rd (only rank 3)

Deku Tree

It's been intentional since Halo era to have tradekills. It's also not running at a 10 tick rate, lol. It's a programmed window. Even guns can fire after being dropped - since Halo 3. Melee trading was actually patched INTO Halo 3.

So, stepping aside from my opinion on tradekills.. it's more a quirk of Bungie themselves and how they make games, not a technical limitation.

Why won't Bungie disclose the tick rate? Since you said "lol" do you know what it is and can you tell us?

It's been tested extensively in the PvP community and the best they get is a 10 tick so even if it's not that a 10 tick is still how it appears to behave in practice.

Whatever Bungie philosophy the shooter community is currently strongly against these kinds of laggy feeling trade kills.

Lee

Thanks for that. It really does feel like they've stuck to this philosophy in Destiny and pushed it even further, for better or for worse. We're still playing the game despite kill trades being a thing since day one.

"For those of you uninterested in the precise details, the upshot is this: if you close for a melee attack and are at a clear advantage (or disadvantage), the outcome will be clear. If the outcome is unclear, too close to call, you will likely trade kills with your victim."

Feel free to replace melee attack in this instance with shotgun duel, sniper duel, or basically any contest in the game.

Look at how much detail they gave then compared to the fluff we get now

#neverforget0.0004%

Top Bottom