• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

LifEndz

One weekend I'd like to see trials go matchmaking only. No pre-made groups, only solo players que'ing up against other likewise formed teams. I know...I'm a crazy person.

Deku Tree

It's been intentional since Halo era to have tradekills. It's also not running at a 10 tick rate, lol. It's a programmed window. Even guns can fire after being dropped - since Halo 3. Melee trading was actually patched INTO Halo 3.

So, stepping aside from my opinion on tradekills.. it's more a quirk of Bungie themselves and how they make games, not a technical limitation.

You can read up about their philosophy on it in this Halo 3 era BWU.

"It's also not running at a 10 tick rate, lol. "

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1022247/Shared-World-Shooter-Destiny-s

page 88 "We tick our Activity Hosts at 10Hz "

Would love to hear your response....

vin-buc

You can do that right now. Just play Elimination and Solo Queue. I bet that's a ton of fun.

Elimination gives kitty kat gear? =)

So here's the thing - in my case I started playing Trials in September like a game of CoD and you know where that got me. So my k/d is .83 (1.4 last week.....jus saying tho) and my elo is a little over 1300. I only got to play with good people a handful of times but overall unless you're experienced you're not gonna do good playing with bad players and your k/d, elo will suffer. Go to LFG and you constantly see "no scrubs, checking stats" - you won't get anyone good to play with there (most of the time) because of your k/d, elo. This is the issue.

I, as a try hard, really care to only play trials to get good - but I couldn't get a game until Sunday (good looks Manny!). So I (as well as many) can't get to enjoy Trials because - understandably- everyone is trying to get to mercury and everyone is looking for good players to play with, no blame on them.

I wouldn't mind a weekend of "mercenary mode" either.

Fistwell

Any raid or is this all trials?

Edit: yeah, what few people are online seem to be playing trials. Someone wake me up if there's any HM WotM happening.

FalconPunch67

Neo Member
Anyone know if it's possible to roll a Clever Dragon with High Caliber Rounds AND Unflinching. I've had success with each one but would LOVE one with both.

Dez_

Anyone know if it's possible to roll a Clever Dragon with High Caliber Rounds AND Unflinching. I've had success with each one but would LOVE one with both.
Yes, I got one with both. Hand laid stock or small bore as the other perk. Going to give it a whirl today.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll need two badass snipers to get to mercury later on.

Having fun with Shiv and the badass killers.

Everybody is getting badass weapon drops.

FyreWulff

"It's also not running at a 10 tick rate, lol. "

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1022247/Shared-World-Shooter-Destiny-s

page 88 "We tick our Activity Hosts at 10Hz "

Would love to hear your response....

Huh, was under the impression from discussions that world update was higher, so I'm just wrong on tick rate then. I apologize.

Look at how much detail they gave then compared to the fluff we get now

#neverforget0.0004%

I think part of this is due to team size and coralling all who's done what and compiling it into communication. That era of Bungie, the active people working on Halo 3 post launch was way, way smaller than the Destiny one. Nowadays someone could do a writeup like that but Carl McCoder went and adjusted No Time To Explain 2 hours before ship and it didn't percolate up the management tree for another month. Thanks, Carl.

I got the same but mine has headseeker instead of rangefinder.

Honestly, I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm not sure what third perk would be ideal.

Dez_

Good games. Thanks for the train, Kadey. I have no idea why I was red barring the whole time, but it made most of my shots feel like they hit at a half second delay. Felt like I was playing on a handicap for a few of those matches.

Got a bunch of armor drops and ghost are dropping like crazy for me. Not much for weapons this time around, but I've already got a few that I really like.

Shiv47

Spent two hours getting wrecked in an IB train just wanting a 400 chest piece. Naturally, that was the only thing that didn't drop.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You didn't get wrecked.

You guys can still play. You don't have to stop when I do.

So I guess nobody wants to play trials this week.

I truly hate the fact that using a HMG against a guy with a shotgun while he is running at me results in me dying. Sure, I was hitting him and there was more than enough distance that he was trying to close but the fact that 1HK range for shotguns feels like the other side of the map is surely balanced. I wish there was a way to get into an actual PVP map where not every single player is running blink shotgun.

I also truly hate the fact that I traded melees with a guy but I died because, well, he was a warlock and even though on screen I stammed him in the face while he had half health I was I guess not in actual melee range but warlock melee range.

OOO and being able to be one shot out of golden gun mid pulling the trigger when I cant do dick to anyone else in their supers unless I am using golden gun. God, this is why I normally avoid Destiny PVP.

*sigh* I just want one more win before I end up breaking something in frustration.

that sounds like what I've been getting, sans the boots. Plus a whole buncha strange coins + blue gear. yum.

Blue armor, blue weapon, blue engram, 1 or 2 strange coin. That has been my night. The only gear I got was when I hit rank 5 and bought stuff...

EDIT:
Does it make sense to try to load up on medallions or switch to a different character? Trying to figure out what is a better approach to go with looking for weapon rolls.

Top Bottom