• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Anyone else rocking the lingering song? I got a roll that is basically palindrome equivalent, except with better impact but worse stability.

GhaleonEB

These back to back games are how I wrapped up today:

CxC_gcDUkAAxzeT.jpg

CxDCN0_UoAAII0N.jpg

I'm nearly rank 5, and have gone up *one* light level the entire IB so far. No Clever Dragons, barely any loot at all. Just like the last IB. :(

TP-DK

I got a Clever Dragon on my second IB match. Im not gonna play any more ib, it felt so terrible after playing Titanfall 2.

Do artifacts not drop in Archons Forge any more?

I've been here almost two hours and not had one drop.
They do...I was trying for a ghost for an hour and a half and finally said fuck it and gave the controller to my 7 year old son and said here you may as well run around and shoot some shit because Im getting sick of this. It dropped a ghost on each of his first 3 rounds.

So it's random but how I could play so many rounds and get zero and then suddenly get 3 in a row is beyond me. It's really just a shitty RNG system to make you play more when it could just look and give you what you need.

As far as IB goes I'm getting very lucky with CD drops (I've had 5 drops, 4 of them I think it was with HCR) and very unlucky getting a ghost. I had a single one drop when I was level 398 and it took me to 399, and I havent had a ghost drop since. About 50 matches for this IB so far.

The sparrow still looks very rare. I've seen a single one drop for someone.

ll_J0N_ll

You didn't get wrecked.

You guys can still play. You don't have to stop when I do.

So I guess nobody wants to play trials this week.

Lol I joined you. Went to get a coffee come back and I'm in orbit all by myself. You must be the glue. Coffee was good btw.

Number45

Spent some time last night trying to play more intelligently. Actually disengaging when it looked like I might die. Less kills, but higher K/D. I'll try and keep it up!

EDIT:
Does it make sense to try to load up on medallions or switch to a different character? Trying to figure out what is a better approach to go with looking for weapon rolls.
Whatever allows you to complete matches as quickly as possibly. Once you have one character at rank 5 (and bounties are done) the only thing that matters gear wise is the post game reward screen.

I'm nearly rank 5, and have gone up *one* light level the entire IB so far. No Clever Dragons, barely any loot at all. Just like the last IB. :(
I've been pretty lucky this time, but this is normally my PvP experience too.

Spent some time last night trying to play more intelligently. Actually disengaging when it looked like I might die. Less kills, but higher K/D. I'll try and keep it up!

I've been doing the same and although my total kills dropped initially after a few weeks I was getting back up to my old kill counts when I would run and gun everytime I respawned.

It also means I am getting 1 extra super per match. One game of control last night I had 5 supers. It was insane. Skorri plus kills and just being alive makes a huge difference.

Deku Tree

Hi Deku, got that red vienna singer yet? :p

th time's the charm

Yeah the Comitatus is still blocked from dropping for me and others friends who I spoke with. We have together done over 40 rank ups since the patch and not gotten the ship. The only reason I did so many rank ups was because a few of you said it was dropping. Somehow Bungie managed to only fix the ship dropping for a subset of players. I tweeted them but I expect them to never revisit the issue again.

WeTeHa

Need 3 for a full wotm raid, we will also go for the aksis challenge, starting as soon as we have 6

1. nico
2. me
3. pandora
4. deafmedal
5. hudson
6. rob

Dave_6

Had another CD drop last night, it has BF, HCR and range finder. Same as the one I've been using except it has hidden hand.

Had another CD drop last night, it has BF, HCR and range finder. Same as the one I've been using except it has hidden hand.

I've found headseeker far superior to range finder, maybe just me. But with something like perfect balance/counter/send-it, high caliber rounds, and then headseeker in the last round you start firing at the body and the gun auto drifts right up to the head and you get a fast kill. Range finder didn't really feel like it was doing much for me. Keep in mind RF is a 20% buff (for primary) on BASE range stat, it does not buff stuff like Send it or rifled.

I don't really try to snipe with clever so maybe someone who does much longer distances would find RF better. I never really liked hidden hand that much, 15% boost to auto assist didn't seem like very much especially with a big part of AA being scope slowdown on target cross over.

Does Iron Banner drop any other armor pieces aside from the Chest and Legs? Can't say I've seen anyone get a helmet or Arms yet.

Each and every IB will only drop gear that is available from the IB vendor along with ghosts and class items (I think on this one) concerning end-of-match rewards. With the new bounties, however, you have a chance at any weapon/gear slot (two armor pieces - class items and ghosts apply here as well - and two weapons from the bounties).

If this is your first time participating in the IB since RoI hit then you will also get a reward for Rank 3 and then another from Rank 5 with the loot pool spanning all weapon/gear slots.

Top Bottom