• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Got all my characters to 400. Yay.

Thanks to Iron Tomb and Iron Banner.

Now what?

I still have to run Aksis CM and get one of them god-roll Matadors but I can't see that keeping me focused.

I guess I can play other games... :)

Ambitious

Team Black Screen? Who needs sight when you know the encounters with your eyes closed.

Good job, guys. :)

No idea what's going on. My connection was fine the entire raid, then the issues started out of nowhere. Gotta call my ISP tomorrow.

This is how it looked when I said my screen was dark:

CxGBmFqWEAArhqX.jpg

The menus looked normal, though.

Magik

It's a different archetype.

Honestly if they nerf TCD instead of buffing other weapon types im just gonna stop playing the game. Enough is enough already.

The issue is really revolving around the special ammo economy. There's just too much available which makes people gravitate towards Shotguns.

GhaleonEB

So, are there IB rewards at the ranks? I don't recall getting anything from them.

Does loot still drop once you hit rank 5? I'd like to try and level a bit, but I'm not getting anything but motes and coins. (Which is not really different than before.)

So, are there IB rewards at the ranks? I don't recall getting anything from them.

Does loot still drop once you hit rank 5? I'd like to try and level a bit, but I'm not getting anything but motes and coins. (Which is not really different than before.)

No rewards at rank, but you still get weapon, armor and shell drops by playing after rank 5.

Deku Tree

You get a reward at rank 3 and rank 5 the first time you get to those ranks on each of your characters. It's part of a one time quest. The next time you do IB on that character you don't get those rewards anymore.

Hi all,

Honest opinion: Hammer Forged vs Perfect Balance. Which is the better option for CD if I have CB in the final perk? I just got a HF, HCR, CB roll and I am trying to determine if I should continue my life in shotgun hell for that PB, HCR, CB roll.

I have the vendor roll and my other prized one is BF, HCR, RF. In gun fights, I am liking the HCR better than snapshot on the vendor roll, but the 24 round mag vs 30 is bothering me. Had been hoping for that "laser beam" roll of PB, HCR and CB but is HF's lower stability, greater range a decent enough replacement for PB?

Thanks!

Any IB trains going on? I'm playing solo and it's not fun when randoms forget the control points

Also when they all decide to grab the 3rd spawn either and the very beginning or, even better, right at the end when you are barely winning and then you lose. At least you get rewarded with shiny Strange Coin or 365 light blue item.

GhaleonEB

No rewards at rank, but you still get weapon, armor and shell drops by playing after rank 5.

You get a reward at rank 3 and rank 5 the first time you get to those ranks on each of your characters. It's part of a one time quest. The next time you do IB on that character you don't get those rewards anymore.

Thanks. I'm just frustrated. I see drops all over the place, but I seem to get one piece of legendary gear every 6-7 matches, and most of the time it's the same level as the gear I have. I got a chest from my last game (yay!) same level as my current, and with a bad roll (boo). I've gone up one light level this entire IB, turned in all bounties, hit rank 5, and played past it. Still peanuts. Even the exotic engrams that drop are at or below the piece I'm wearing in the slot. I've gotten 4-5 exotics from IB via 3 of coins, and shelved or sharded all of them. I just don't get it.

Having progression throttled in PvE means IB is my best chance but it's just not happening.

vctor182

Joined an ongoing match, 4k down and we made a good comeback, got 400 light boots all I need is a ghost shell and I'm max level. Also this lingering song with rifled barrel, explosive rounds and hidden hand is no joke

Any IB trains going on? I'm playing solo and it's not fun when randoms forget the control points

What do you mean when? The games i played yesterday were like this:

Me: run to b flag. Get killed. Rinse repeat
Ramdoms: run around as if it was clash. Ignore capture points.

When eventualy managed to get 2 points captured: they all push the 3rd one, don't defend the ones already captured, flip spawns, etc.

Result: about 8 loses on a row

Priceless

When eventualy managed to get 2 points captured: they all push the 3rd one, don't defend the ones already captured, flip spawns, etc.

Priceless

I hear that. Wish these medallions stacked higher...

Had a fun match where I died to a stormcaller super, respawned right next to that same warlock and again died to the super and then respawned again to be greated by a slide shotgun by the same warlock.

I also enjoy finally getting on a team that gelled well and we did amazing and then were broken up right after the match.

vctor182

Priceless
Story of my matches too. Also when I finally have competent randoms the fireteam is dissolved and I'm back to randoms playing clash. So... Anyone wants to start a train? I'm currently playing, my psn is Vctor182

EDIT: ^ you know whats up too man

Story of my matches too. Also when I finally have competent randoms the fireteam is dissolved and I'm back to randoms playing clash. So... Anyone wants to start a train? I'm currently playing, my psn is Vctor182

EDIT: ^ you know whats up too man

Would love to, but im at work all night. Going to try and squeeze a few matches once i go back home in the morning. Much to the dismay of my wife 😀

Deku Tree

Thanks. I'm just frustrated. I see drops all over the place, but I seem to get one piece of legendary gear every 6-7 matches, and most of the time it's the same level as the gear I have. I got a chest from my last game (yay!) same level as my current, and with a bad roll (boo). I've gone up one light level this entire IB, turned in all bounties, hit rank 5, and played past it. Still peanuts. Even the exotic engrams that drop are at or below the piece I'm wearing in the slot. I've gotten 4-5 exotics from IB via 3 of coins, and shelved or sharded all of them. I just don't get it.

Having progression throttled in PvE means IB is my best chance but it's just not happening.

I feel you. All gear that drops for me is always 100% of the time exactly the same as my LL. I'm talking like the last 200 drops. All of them are exactly my LL
of 400
. Stinks. :)

BTW, in case you don't know, If your using exotic engrams to raise your LL then know that they decrypt based upon your average LL not the LL of the piece in the slot that your decrypting. So if you decrypt an exotic engram for a slot where your piece is over your current average LL then your chance is low of increasing. If you decrypt where your piece is below avg then your guaranteed to increase. So I would hold on to exotic engrams if its in a slot where your piece is currently above avg.

Also IB only drops chest and arms from post match, or primary and heavy. Plus ghosts and artifacts. So if your equipment in those slots is above average then again your chance is low of getting a drop that can raise your LL.

Dalek

Iron Banner refuses to give me gauntlets. It's the only thing I need to hit 400.

I am 399, my gauntlets are 399. Last night I got two exotic gauntlets and they were both 399.

Iron Banner refuses to give me gauntlets. It's the only thing I need to hit 400.

I am 399, my gauntlets are 399. Last night I got two exotic gauntlets and they were both 399.

You can only get gauntlets from the weekly bounties for this IB. Only the gear being sold at the vendor is available for post match drops.

You can get legacy IB gear sets to drop but its still only going to be boot or chestpiece.

Ive seen my teammates get gauntlets drop in lost game rewards though.

Are you sure its actual gauntlets and not just the Iron Artifact that looks like a gauntlet (I forget what its called). Ignoring blue armor, the only armor I have gotten from post match rewards has been the stuff for sale this time and anything else (ie helm or gauntlets) from the bounties.

Similar to how I ended up with two nearly identical roles of the sniper rifle this week, from bounties. I am going to suffer through on my 3rd character and pray I get one of the remaining primaries...I am not sure which I want (I love HC even though they get a lot of shit).

I have had HMG drop for me as end match reward. Dont know if that is in the loot table also

It is because the vendor is selling it. From what I understand, only what the vendor is selling during IB will be a potential reward in IB (I guess taking place of the normal legendary PVP rewards...you still get all the other bullshit ones like 365 LL blue gear and 1-2 SC and ML).

Dalek

Are you sure its actual gauntlets and not just the Iron Artifact that looks like a gauntlet (I forget what its called). Ignoring blue armor, the only armor I have gotten from post match rewards has been the stuff for sale this time and anything else (ie helm or gauntlets) from the bounties.

Similar to how I ended up with two nearly identical roles of the sniper rifle this week, from bounties. I am going to suffer through on my 3rd character and pray I get one of the remaining primaries...I am not sure which I want (I love HC even though they get a lot of shit).

It could be an artifact-I guess I'd had to see a photo of it.

ll_J0N_ll

Yuss! Finally got a 1.0 k/d on my hunter.

Only had to catch up at 9000 kills...

Also got a vendor roll CD to drop in the wild...

Touchê Bungeye...

Touchê.

Top Bottom