• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Feorax

Anyone wanna run some trials matches?

Not desperate to go flawless, just want to get some bounties done and see how far we get.

Enough damage to 2 cycle Aksis.
Complete it in 4 because we want him to understand he is about to end.

rUQ08ft.png

Good job team.... Shit we never remembered to create a team name.

IB Rank 5 reward should be an ornament or you may reforge any item once.

Team Black Screen? Who needs sight when you know the encounters with your eyes closed.

Good job, guys. :)

Good job team connection issues.

I like team connection issues... once that was solved it went preety fast tho.

I never thought I'd see this place with "hours" between posts not even two months after a major expansion. Game is content starved again with just the SRL event remotely in sight as far as future content/events.

It's disappointing how this game just suddenly died after the hard raid, at least here on Gaf. This might be the shortest Destiny expansion as far as holding people's interest. It basically lasted a month.

Personally the only thing that interested me was getting better at pvp so I could competently play trials, but it's been 3 years now and I'm still not good enough. Might as well give up.

I never thought I'd see this place with "hours" between posts not even two months after a major expansion. Game is content starved again with just the SRL event remotely in sight as far as future content/events.

SRL sucks though.
And even if you do like it, you'll get all the loot in a day like with the Halloween loot and call it a day. Nothing in this game seems to last as long as it used to.

CREMSteve

It's disappointing how this game just suddenly died after the hard raid, at least here on Gaf. This might be the shortest Destiny expansion as far as holding people's interest. It basically lasted a month.

Personally the only thing that interested me was getting better at pvp so I could competently play trials, but it's been 3 years now and I'm still not good enough. Might as well give up.
I asked for people to play Trials 4 or 5 times this weekend and each time the posts were completely ignored. I've ended playing with LFG. Options still exist if you're willing to look outside this thread.

I asked for people to play Trials 4 or 5 times this weekend and each time the posts were completely ignored. I've ended playing with LFG. Options still exist if you're willing to look outside this thread.

All the usual people that play trials have not been playing for the last 3 weeks because Bungie (aka mantis) thinks its funny to mess with the single thing that has kept the interest in this game during even the slowest months. /shrug

Deku Tree

All the usual people that play trials have not been playing for the last 3 weeks because Bungie (aka mantis) thinks its funny to mess with the single thing that has kept the interest in this game during even the slowest months. /shrug

Activision put the word out to make PvP in Destiny so bad that everyone will instead play Infinite Warfare.

Kyoufu

Is there a non-painful method to grind Light Level? These Solar Burn modified SIVA Crisis Strikes are killing me.

This whole Light Level grind is just annoying.

Activision put the word out to make PvP in Destiny so bad that everyone will instead play Infinite Warfare.

STOP stealing my lines deku!

Nobody will play infinite warfare because it's absolute garbage.

Is there a non-painful method to grind Light Level? These Solar Burn modified SIVA Crisis Strikes are killing me.

This whole Light Level grind is just annoying.

How much you paying? ;)

Shiv47

Even the people just playing for bounties have been gone though. I do think the game is just running out of steam content-wise, in terms of what can be done to keep people interested until Destiny 2. There's not much left that a skeleton crew can do with limited resources to keep a userbase this ravenous occupied for very long anyway. We know that's why they nerfed progression, it's an artificial way to keep people playing past the point they would otherwise have quit. And what they've done is honestly losing my interest. I've tried both challenge modes once, and haven't completed either. This time around, I just don't care at this point, and probably won't bother to finish either of them.

Done 3 raids + challenge this week. 3x iron banner. 3 heroic strikes. 3 nightfalls.

I dont do trials.

Nothing to do but wait till next week. There are other games tho.

Playing world of final fantasy.

Even the people just playing for bounties have been gone though. I do think the game is just running out of steam content-wise, in terms of what can be done to keep people interested until Destiny 2. There's not much left that a skeleton crew can do with limited resources to keep a userbase this ravenous occupied for very long anyway. We know that's why they nerfed progression, it's an artificial way to keep people playing past the point they would otherwise have quit. And what they've done is honestly losing my interest. I've tried both challenge modes once, and haven't completed either. This time around, I just don't care at this point, and probably won't bother to finish either of them.

I feel it has about as much content as either HoW or TDB but nowhere close to TTK. Overall it feels very inconsequential. Siva came out of nowhere and we quickly stopped it. There was no narrative ark like the first three expansions making it feel more like a side story that was cut and repackaged. I mean the base game built to TDB and TTK and even hinting at HoW when we first visited the reach (and especially throughout the grimoire cards).

Content wise, there were about as many missions as there were in HoW and then the post story was two additional missions for a strike (sort of like the April Update). And with nothing exciting on the horizon (like all those secrets in TTK) it just seems to be limping along until the next cash grab mini event (I say this having spent money in the past events because I am part of the problem). I am not sure how this game holds to the next "April Update" (assuming there is one) or until Destiny 2 next fall (another assumption).

I really want to do the raid and get outbreak prime but then after that, I am not sure. I dont know why, TTK felt so much more grander (I think the base story was longer) and I didnt feel burnt out until into the new year, probably around Crimson Doubles because I was disappointed that the new free content was just PVP stuff.

Bungie loves reusing content, why not add in a new quest for like the Pocket Infinity for instance? Make it start off of having completed certain RoI moments of triumph. Dont have to even record new dialogue, have the players talk to Shiro who then sends you to kill X number of fallen in the plaguelands to gather information, who then sends you to the gunsmith to have you also do stuff, maybe through in doing heroic strikes or whatnot. Again, no new content other than a quest chain that provides extra story about Rasputin and Siva that ends in the Y3 version of a Y1 exotic. Is that going to add months of play time? No, probably an hour or so if that, but at least its a free bone that is being thrown.

Shiv47

I feel it has about as much content as either HoW or TDB but nowhere close to TTK. Overall it feels very inconsequential. Siva came out of nowhere and we quickly stopped it. There was no narrative ark like the first three expansions making it feel more like a side story that was cut and repackaged. I mean the base game built to TDB and TTK and even hinting at HoW when we first visited the reach (and especially throughout the grimoire cards).

Content wise, there were about as many missions as there were in HoW and then the post story was two additional missions for a strike (sort of like the April Update). And with nothing exciting on the horizon (like all those secrets in TTK) it just seems to be limping along until the next cash grab mini event (I say this having spent money in the past events because I am part of the problem). I am not sure how this game holds to the next "April Update" (assuming there is one) or until Destiny 2 next fall (another assumption).

I really want to do the raid and get outbreak prime but then after that, I am not sure. I dont know why, TTK felt so much more grander (I think the base story was longer) and I didnt feel burnt out until into the new year, probably around Crimson Doubles because I was disappointed that the new free content was just PVP stuff.

Bungie loves reusing content, why not add in a new quest for like the Pocket Infinity for instance? Make it start off of having completed certain RoI moments of triumph. Dont have to even record new dialogue, have the players talk to Shiro who then sends you to kill X number of fallen in the plaguelands to gather information, who then sends you to the gunsmith to have you also do stuff, maybe through in doing heroic strikes or whatnot. Again, no new content other than a quest chain that provides extra story about Rasputin and Siva that ends in the Y3 version of a Y1 exotic. Is that going to add months of play time? No, probably an hour or so if that, but at least its a free bone that is being thrown.

I had quit playing Destiny about two months after launch, and picked it up again about a month before TTK, so I don't know what the mood of the player base was then, but TTK lasted a long time for me personally. RoI hasn't even been close. I think I play half out of habit at this point, half because I still like the gameplay so much. I agree about making the rest of the exotics available via quests and whatnot again, because with D2 coming, why not? They should re-buff everything that's been nerfed, just make it balls to the wall crazy.

Hey guys, Just dropped an Iron banner year 1 armor with 399 light 0_o https://twitter.com/yume_2501/status/797852155331878912

All the previous Iron Banner gear can drop at random (well, it's dependent upon what the rewards are for that particular IB event). You can also roll the dice with Lord Saladin at Felwinter Peak and buy an engram for just 5 Silver Dusts which will reward you with a piece of armor (starting at LL 3 but infusable) spanning all the IB gear to date.

Shiv47

Because bounties are completely useless. They only go to 390 (?) light and only give old gear. I did them once since RoI dropped and that's it.

That's right, I had forgotten about that. That was a stupid decision on Bungie's part. You can still get post-match drops that help light level though, limited as they are. I had wanted to play Trials again just to give it a shot, but it is pointless if you're not a pro at this stage. We suicided five straight cards last night to finish the RoI book, and it was probably a better use of time than actually playing, in the end.

stn

Can TKK be solo'd like the vanilla campaign? I'd like to play the story and upgrade my loot before joining a team for raids. My character is level 32, hoping to hit 40 by the end of TKK.

yume_2501

All the previous Iron Banner gear can drop at random (well, it's dependent upon what the rewards are for that particular IB event). You can also roll the dice with Lord Saladin at Felwinter Peak and buy an engram for just 5 Silver Dusts which will reward you with a piece of armor (starting at LL 3 but infusable) spanning all the IB gear to date.

But is normal that there is no Iron lords dlc symbol in the armor's icon on the right?

Mafro

I got a Clever Dragon from either one of the quest rewards or bounties during last Iron Banner. It has:

Send It/Braced Frame
Snapshot/High Caliber Rounds
Headseeker/Unflinching

How good is that compared to the vendor one?

But is normal that there is no Iron lords dlc symbol in the armor's icon on the right?

That would make sense since it is not from RoI technically but rather from whenever that piece of armor was available in year's past.

Just checked mine (IB gear from The Dark Below time frame) and they all feature the icon so not sure what's up or why it would matter either way.

Edit: Or maybe it was The House of Wolves time frame as it's the Iron Breed armor set for the Hunter. In any case I got a 400 LL Iron Breed chest piece from this current IB and it features the icon.

Sky Walker

How does Who's Next perk work ?? I use Badger CCL with the perk and sometimes works but most of the time it doesn't ! I mainly use it for Explosive Rounds during Aksis P2 to one-shot shanks across the arena.

Agent

There are too many good games out this fall to spend time on Destiny. It was bound to have a rapid fall off because of that.

ROI for me was meh, at best. I only was able to do the raid once, weeks after release, as I always missed newbie friendly groups or ones posted were looking for experienced people to speed run it (aka, not newbie friendly). I still haven't done the HM version of it and with basically no raid experience, I don't see that happening anytime soon. The only thing I really did in ROI was Archon's Forge since it didn't require a group. Even that was frustrating as a solo player trying to match make into a full instance. It would be cool to get Outbreak Prime, but I'm guessing at this point most people have it, so to group up would again, be a pain.

Outside of Archon's Forge, it would basically be PvP for me. At that point, I may as well play one of the many better PvP related games that have come out. For me, that is Battlefield 1 right now. With Destiny 2 a long way off, I'm curious what will happen to Destiny as it currently stands. I'm guessing there will be a mini surge around the holidays as people pick it up for cheap, then quickly die off again.

How does Who's Next perk work ?? I use Badger CCL with the perk and sometimes works but most of the time it doesn't ! I mainly use it for Explosive Rounds during Aksis P2 to one-shot shanks across the arena.

I believe it's any kill grants you a 3 second window where any reload is a bit faster, and if your mag is empty it's a lot faster.

If it doesn't seem to activate sometimes, my guess would be that it doesn't play nice with explosive rounds - i.e. when the game counts a kill as being caused by the AoE damage from explosive rounds, Who's Next doesn't trigger. Explosive Rounds typically doesn't pair well with perks that require precision kills for this reason.

I got a Clever Dragon from either one of the quest rewards or bounties during last Iron Banner. It has:

Send It/Braced Frame
Snapshot/High Caliber Rounds
Headseeker/Unflinching

How good is that compared to the vendor one?

Almost like one of mine, except I have range finder over Headseeker. My understanding is the god roll would be the vendor version except HCR in middle column.

I am not sure of where Headseeker vs Range Finder sits (extra dps if you cant initially land that headshot vs extra range when aiming down site) but overall I like my roll, save for the 24 round clip compared to the 30.

Can TKK be solo'd like the vanilla campaign? I'd like to play the story and upgrade my loot before joining a team for raids. My character is level 32, hoping to hit 40 by the end of TKK.

Not sure about hitting 40 through the campaign but yes its soloable. The final mission is difficult but doable, I know I did fine with my warlock but struggled with my titan and hunter but that could come down to "I hardly use these classes and have relied heavily on self res when solo as a warlock."

Mindlog

Hitting 40 is easy. The hard part is leveling your subclass.

As a general rule of thumb:
Titan - Defender
Hunter - Nightstalker
Warlock - Sunsinger

Focus on those if you want to raid. They aren't the only useful subclasses, but they're the most universally useful.

yume_2501

That would make sense since it is not from RoI technically but rather from whenever that piece of armor was available in year's past.

Just checked mine (IB gear from The Dark Below time frame) and they all feature the icon so not sure what's up or why it would matter either way.

Edit: Or maybe it was The House of Wolves time frame as it's the Iron Breed armor set for the Hunter. In any case I got a 400 LL Iron Breed chest piece from this current IB and it features the icon.

I was playing vault of glass just before playing an Iron banner match with this drop, don t know if related

I was playing vault of glass just before playing an Iron banner match with this drop, don t know if related

It's definitely not related as I said the Iron Banner can drop infusable-legacy armor. Gear without the RoI icon was reported early on, it's nothing more than an error/oversight of some sort concerning the icon.

Again, you can also buy infusable-legacy IB gear (by ways of an engram) from Lord Saladin at anytime for 5 Silver Dusts.

Dez_

This happened last year as well. It's the time of the year where there are a lot of other great games coming out. Personally, I did the same thing as I did in year 2: I put the game down for a bit to play some other stuff that I was interested, but ended up coming back to Destiny in a big way for the PvP and community. I only did the Vosik CM, and haven't even attempted the Aksis one, or finished the Trials stuff right now. I'll probably come back to it at some point, but I am ready to take a break with this game.

I will be back for some of the other events though. I enjoy playing Iron Banner with gaf groups, and I'll tag along for some raids if I see some forming. I feel completely satisfied with RoI for what it offered and enjoyed the expansion immensely, despite it not being TTK quality of content. I do hope that we'll see at least one more expansion before Destiny 2 hits (Adventures with Lord Shaxx pls), but I will otherwise hop back in for PvP, trying out new weapon rolls and so forth. SRL is around the corner, and I had a lot of fun playing that too. For now, I am enjoying the hell out of Titanfall 2. Love the fast and fluid movement the player is offered. Plus, it has dedicated servers and doesn't have those frustrating laggy moments that I have with Destiny. Still have hope for Destiny 2.

How are people still writing "TKK". It's been a year.

New player? Maybe a new character? Hell, I have quests out there on my characters from TTK because I skipped them which was stupid in hindsight as no one seems to be around for killing the named taken enemies anymore =(

This happened last year as well. It's the time of the year where there are a lot of other great games coming out. Personally, I did the same thing as I did in year 2: I put the game down for a bit to play some other stuff that I was interested, but ended up coming back to Destiny in a big way for the PvP and community. I only did the Vosik CM, and haven't even attempted the Aksis one, or finished the Trials stuff right now. I'll probably come back to it at some point, but I am ready to take a break with this game.

I will be back for some of the other events though. I enjoy playing Iron Banner with gaf groups, and I'll tag along for some raids if I see some forming. I feel completely satisfied with RoI for what it offered and enjoyed the expansion immensely, despite it not being TTK quality of content. I do hope that we'll see at least one more expansion before Destiny 2 hits (Adventures with Lord Shaxx pls), but I will otherwise hop back in for PvP, trying out new weapon rolls and so forth. SRL is around the corner, and I had a lot of fun playing that too. For now, I am enjoying the hell out of Titanfall 2. Love the fast and fluid movement the player is offered. Plus, it has dedicated servers and doesn't have those frustrating laggy moments that I have with Destiny. Still have hope for Destiny 2.

If we get a new expansion I hope its something that hints at the larger narrative that will be carried on in Destiny 2. Stuff about the Stranger, more on Rasputin, more on whoever the Cabal sent a message to, more on Eris and the Queen, etc. Maybe touch on those and leave bread crumbs for Destiny 2 (like the post credit scenes for the Marvel movies hinting at the larger Avengers narrative).

Edit: Sorry for back to back posting. Geez, this thread does move slower than it used to...

Kyoufu

New player? Maybe a new character? Hell, I have quests out there on my characters from TTK because I skipped them which was stupid in hindsight as no one seems to be around for killing the named taken enemies anymore =(

No, read the post again. :p

I'm just wondering why it's still mistakenly abbreviated as TKK instead of TTK.

Top Bottom