• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Mindlog

I have braced frame, high caliber rounds, counterbalance. Serves me well enough.

PSA: I'm sure everyone interested here has already completed challenge mode, but once again; You don't have to stun Aksis every round. If you miss a stun you can go to a pillar so long as you don't miss the supercharge.*

*If I had to guess you can also miss the supercharge and stun. The game probably just looks for 'supercharge ≥ stuns.' However, I haven't tested this theory.

stn

I've been playing a Titan, having been leveling up the striker/attacker sub-class. I realized I'd rather use defender. Is there a way to re-invest all my points that doesn't involve using the defender sub-class from the beginning? I'm playing some harder missions and the lack of perks is hurting.

God I love the reward structure in crucible. I am shit at PVP, had a 4.67 KD and got a 365 blue helm...only person to get a blue on the team everyone else got purples.

Atkison04

Need one for casual trials. Just working bounties on 1 character and trying to see how far we go. Ps4 the7thAssassin- if anyone wants to team up.

Dez_

God I love the reward structure in crucible. I am shit at PVP, had a 4.67 KD and got a 365 blue helm...only person to get a blue on the team everyone else got purples.
Ha ha ha. That's Destiny for you.

To be honest, I know the drops are supposed to be random, but it sure feels like it favors the bottom half. That's only because I pay attention to those kind of drops when it happens, so I'm sure that skews my impressions.

Ghazi

3syl4oy.png

BRTky.jpg

Everyone has different exp. It's just a see-saw at this point: doesnt matter what you do, a group is going to be effected by the change. CBMM, tips one way; SBMM, tips the other way. Theres no balance, and there just may not be anything to create one.

In the end, you just have to take it for what it is. After all is said and done, its just a video game.

Trakan

Everyone has different exp. It's just a see-saw at this point: doesnt matter what you do, a group is going to be effected by the change. CBMM, tips one way; SBMM, tips the other way. Theres no balance, and there just may not be anything to create one.

In the end, you just have to take it for what it is. After all is said and done, its just a video game.

CBMM doesn't really "tip one way" though. It's not like if everything was based on connection, bad players would get stomped every game. It's a possibility, not a certainty. With SBMM on the other hand, you're guaranteed to get sweaty games all the time and likely to have worse connections because of it.

CBMM doesn't really "tip one way" though. It's not like if everything was based on connection, bad players would get stomped every game. It's a possibility, not a certainty. With SBMM on the other hand, you're guaranteed to get sweaty games all the time and likely to have worse connections because of it.

Something tells me its easy to say that from where we are. In the end: we don't know the complexity of this situation. It's easy to say CBMM is the easy way but I'm just the type of person who likes to see the results of CBMM vs. SBMM.

But i don't campaign for either one so it's not like I should be calling the shots. I just feel like maybe theres something about each that we can't see. It could always be better, but how to make it better could be a bigger monster than just switching it to CBMM.

Then again - I haven't went all out on trials since Y2 so my comments dont hold too much merit cause I don't know the feeling in Y3 trials.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They aren't going to listen to certain people. Remember this is the whatever stage. Destiny 2 comes out and that's when they have to do what's right otherwise this franchise won't last ten years if they keep pushing people away. Despite all the good things the game has going for it, it is still one of the most hated games out there.

Dez_

They aren't going to listen to certain people. Remember this is the whatever stage. Destiny 2 comes out and that's when they have to do what's right otherwise this franchise won't last ten years if they keep pushing people away. Despite all the good things the game has going for it, it is still one of the most hated games out there.
Ironically, it was all the shit on Destiny threads that I read on gaf that drew me to the game in the first place. Funny how that works.

Trakan

Something tells me its easy to say that from where we are. In the end: we don't know the complexity of this situation. It's easy to say CBMM is the easy way but I'm just the type of person who likes to see the results of CBMM vs. SBMM.

But i don't campaign for either one so it's not like I should be calling the shots. I just feel like maybe theres something about each that we can't see. It could always be better, but how to make it better could be a bigger monster than just switching it to CBMM.

Then again - I haven't went all out on trials since Y2 so my comments dont hold too much merit cause I don't know the feeling in Y3 trials.

It's not that complex because they didn't flip the SBMM switch until around the Taken King launch. I played the game for a year without it and it was much better.

Shiv47

Thanks for the games, kadey and co. Sorry for the scrubbiness, just couldn't do much with the level of competition tonight. Got an exotic chest engram to take me to 400 on a character, so I'm done for now. Time for some other games.

Dez_

Are you saying you're a fly?
Lol. Most of those threads made Destiny out like it was the worst thing ever, but some of them also came with videos that showcased the gameplay. I saw that and thought the game looked pretty fun. The Taken King was around the corner, so that seemed like a great point to jump in. I've been mostly hooked ever since.

It's not that complex because they didn't flip the SBMM switch until around the Taken King launch. I played the game for a year without it and it was much better.

Alright, I respect your response. I'm not a game dev so, I understand if I'm 100% wrong with no counter argument (no sarcasm).

Matt Frost

This DLC have been extremely short... gave light too easily, so easily that the challenges werent needed (just for the emblem), the raid was short and easy, Bungie needs a good story writer and script writer fast, there is no point for me playing anymore except Trials (becoming quite good at it). And killing with Tresspasser and killing with a Warlock on Crucible. Only the crucible now that I think about it. Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, The Last Guardian, Dark Souls 3 DLC, Final Fantasy XV will have to do the trick

CLBridges

Ehh, to tired for IB, just don't have the energy needed to play and not get reckt lol. On top of that, I missed Xur and didn't re-up on Three of Coins smh. All I want is the damn new exotic warlock gauntlets Bungie!

This game is so weird sometimes

How did i get a double kill here

3o7TKWKilSlM8ApuPS.gif

Why did this random ass iron banner chest that i got from post game rewards give me a silver dust when i dismantled it

l0HlL4qXwH3ayQBNe.gif

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the invite earlier, Kady. I had to head to dinner after one game, but that was probably for the best - you guys play on another level than I and it pulls in competition to match. Ooof. Sorry to drag the train down.

Dalek

Better roll for But Not Forgotten?

Smallbore/Reinforced Barrel
Speed Reload/Lightweight
Hidden Hand/Army of One

Or

Hand-Laid Stock/Hammer Forge
QuickDraw/Lightweight
Hidden Hand/Triple Tap

Lima

3o7TKWKilSlM8ApuPS.gif

Why did this random ass iron banner chest that i got from post game rewards give me a silver dust when i dismantled it

l0HlL4qXwH3ayQBNe.gif

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know about the double kill but the armor is old iron banner armor and is supposed to dismantle into silver dust.

Dalek

I have been stuck at 399 for about a week-I can't get to 400. All I need are 400 LL gauntlets.

The only way to get it is with a Crucible drop, strike loot or exotic.

I've decrypted 2 exotic gauntlets engrams that decrypted at 399. I've now used 4 skeleton keys in strikes where gauntlets drop and gotten everything BUT gauntlets.

I'm fed up. I need a break. But at really bothering me that his one thing is blocking me from getting to 400.

yume_2501

It's definitely not related as I said the Iron Banner can drop infusable-legacy armor. Gear without the RoI icon was reported early on, it's nothing more than an error/oversight of some sort concerning the icon.

Again, you can also buy infusable-legacy IB gear (by ways of an engram) from Lord Saladin at anytime for 5 Silver Dusts.

Understood, thank you ;)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Haven't played all week ={

Once I got my PS4 Pro, all the new "Pro"-Updated games taking my time lol

Just platinumed Ratchet and Clank (2016)
So much nostalgia
The fucking IQ on my 1080p Sharp Aquos from FUCKING 9 years ago is amazing

Wish I had 4KHDR, but I have to wait, be patient till CES 2017 passes
Then either build up to it or grab 2016 model very cheap

$5,000 or Bust! (70+" or bust, OLED please!)

Tried challenge mode on release but never completed, didn't even touch iron banana
The election gut punch + Pro release took me out of the Destiny loop I was in
Grind all day everyday got replaced with meh, we got Orange Buffoon as President, I can't relax!

Matt Frost

3o7TKWKilSlM8ApuPS.gif

l0HlL4qXwH3ayQBNe.gif

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Response to question 1 and 2 is: Bungie.

Why cant Activision give this IP to Blizzard? Bungie is one of the worst developers out there. The only bad thing about Destiny are the developers who make it...

I got very lucky with a PUG for the Aksis challenge last night. I was expecting it to be a real slog, but everyone in this random group was on point with 400 Dark Drinkers and we 2-cycled Aksis after just a couple of attempts.

Hey guys so I just got Destiny Collection haven't played since Vanilla so should have a ton of content for me and my wife to play through. I got the disc because it was cheaper but I just realized I need something else now for my wife to play. Can I download all the updates on both my PS4 and then just get a cheap user vanilla destiny disc so we can both play or should I return the disc and just download it?

Also any general tips for basically a newbie? Hardest class to excel with etc...? I want my wife to have the easier class so I'm gonna go with Hunter for myself, (unless they suck now) and the tank class for her

lawtowler

Also any general tips for basically a newbie? Hardest class to excel with etc...? I want my wife to have the easier class so I'm gonna go with Hunter for myself, (unless they suck now) and the tank class for her

There isn't really a noticeable difficulty difference between classes. Perhaps Warlock is easiest by default since they can self-res. Other than that I'd say give them all a try for the first few levels and see which playstyle she prefers.
You both have so much content to get through, I'm jealous. Enjoy!

Top Bottom