• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

I don't really care about the Clever Dragon too much. It's got a cool look, but I still prefer my Aegis. That being said, Bungie really wants me to use the CD because I'm only getting pulse and the boots from post-match drops.

I've had 1 heavy machine gun drop since last Tuesday. It's kind of holding me back.

what rolls on your Aegis? I freaking loved my OG aegis of the kell.

Ambitious

let me know if you want to put a group together, psn arya41. I can probably get two more

3 marks

Yeah I could join for that.

I'm up for that. Got that far earlier this week but we were burnt out by that point and kept making silly mistakes.

PSN is MattIgoe. Just shoot me a FR when you're ready, I'll just be playing IB in the meantime.

Sorry, I have to drop out. My internet is still close to unusable, and my ISPs customer support wasn't able to help me.
Looks like you just need one more, then.

Feorax

Sorry, I have to drop out. My internet is still close to unusable, and my ISPs customer support wasn't able to help me.
Looks like you just need one more, then.

Ok, no problem.

Anyone want to do HM Aksis? Possibly CM too? One space available.

1. Ruthless
2. Maxiell
3. Maxiell's friend 1
4. Maxiell's friend 2
5. Feorax

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone. Destruction.

What are the chances Bungie is going to us something before the end of the year?

I think I'm going to get myself a pro and spend some time with FFXV.

OK so if we are going to nerf HCR then shotgun range needs and damage needs to be nerfed dramatically. Every damn match is full of slide shotgunning assholes who can one hit kill me from a mile away. Even better is when they find me off the respawn and do it again.

I also dont know what the hell I am doing wrong when I can get dropped by one guy from full health in storm trance and me and half my team cant take out one stormtrance warlock on the team.

Edit:
Before the "gitgud" comments: I truly would like to but its so very discouraging. I would like to get into matches and practice/relax/whatever but it is so frustrating.

Edit x2:
I dont want to be that guy but look, if you are slide shotgunning me AND I come out ahead, you are getting teabagged. I normally reserve for assholes who teabag me first, but I have now extended that.

Barely got my first HCR Clever Dragon. Took 14 of them to drop. But it doesnt have BF or HLS or PB or CB ;(

Playes for 11 hours today from 330pm to 3am reset (with 1x 30 min dinner break) and only got 3 Clever Deagons. FeelsBadMan.

lawtowler

As expected - it seems like RoI is shorter than TTK.
All missions and quests - check!
All exotics - check!
400 Light - check!
Raid HM - check!
Challenge mode x2 - check!
IB grind - check!
Trials - check!

I even bagged a Mark of the Unbroken medal playing IB last night.

I'm not sure I fancy a year of dipping in for Trials every weekend this time around.

For the first time since vanilla release I think I may be ready to put Destiny down for the foreseeable future and enjoy other games without thinking "this is great but I need to get back on to Destiny later".

Doubt there will be much in the way of actual content now until Destiny 2. SRL, April Update etc... I'm fine with that, Bungie can go away and focus entirely on making Destiny 2 something very special.

All missions and quests - check!
All exotics - check!
400 Light - check!
Raid HM - check!
Challenge mode x2 - check!
IB grind - check!
Trials - check!

*snip*

For the first time since vanilla release I think I may be ready to put Destiny down for the foreseeable future and enjoy other games without thinking "this is great but I need to get back on to Destiny later".

Doubt there will be much in the way of actual content now until Destiny 2. SRL, April Update etc... I'm fine with that, Bungie can go away and focus entirely on making Destiny 2 something very special.

As a day 1 player - the above is exactly how I feel!

I have done all the PvE things that Destiny has thrown at me and even got from terrible to "below average" for PvP...

Last night I got the final things on my RoI list done, completing the book and getting Aksis challenge mode after a few bad attempts with LFG. I ended RoI by cheesing the iron lord bosses for Fallen major kills bounty, getting 3 exotic engrams out of 7 coins, and waving goodbye to Siva locked in a vault.

It's been an incredible ride, with lots of amazing and helpful people along the way., I wish I could thank them all properly.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Edit:
Before the "gitgud" comments: I truly would like to but its so very discouraging. I would like to get into matches and practice/relax/whatever but it is so frustrating.

The only way to get this is have Bungie remove SBMM and they have already stated it's not going anywhere. Crucible will never be a place you can just chill and relax as far as Bungie is concerned.

GhaleonEB

Running Nightfall, feel free to join. No mic as my kid is still sleeping.

Edit: at the boss. Send halp.

Edit 2: have to go to work. Slow reset day indeed. :(

Trakan

Bungie is so full of shit with the comments they've been making on the SBMM debacle lately.

GJydM48.png

The last image is a quote from Derek Carroll. I wonder why the community is in such an uproar? Maybe it's because people have been complaining about this issue for OVER A YEAR now. It's pretty much been a constant stream of discussion ever since its implementation. The matchmaking system has been shit forever, and now that its finally reached this point you decide to say that people are going about giving feedback the wrong way. Derek Carroll even denied SBMM was even a thing. He said players were playing sweatier matches because of SRL. God, what a joke.

Sometimes I really can't believe these are the guys in charge over there and the ones they let speak for the company.

GlamFM

Banned
Slowest reset day ever?

Looking for one HM raid tonight, around 7 Germany time (3,5hrs from now)

-Glam
-Friend of Glam
-
-
-
-

FyreWulff

It's interesting to see all the former CoD players collide with the former Halo players on matchmaking.

Halo players played for 10 years with "sweaty" (i hate that term, not like anyone cares) games after a while, literally just every game, and every single game was important or noted.

CoD players played for 10 years where you either won big or lost big but is more less played in aggregate, with nobody really caring about specific games persay.

And now both sides are now playing Destiny, a mishmash of both styles and userbases....

as for me now, I wait for the weekly reset.. in Rock Band :lol

I really don't understand why people expect PvP in general, and the Crucible in particular to ever be relaxed/ a place to chill out etc. This is not just aimed at the original poster a few posts up but reddit in general.

It's called the crucible for goodness sake (I'm assuming here it's named after the pot as opposed to the snooker hall in Sheffield, UK)

I just can't figure out what "relaxed fun" is, in a PvP setting. If it means easily shooting people whilst chatting, then that's no fun for the other people and they will leave....I can also imagine it getting quite boring over time.

If it means just shooting at things whilst chatting, then do that in PvP and not care about losing, or do a strike or something. IMHO the whole point of PvP is that you're playing against humans, who are hard to beat, as opposed to AI which is often relatively easy. To me it feels like choosing to do a raid and then complaining that you need to work as a team, it seems to miss the point of what the game mode is for, and that there are alternatives.

Taking the other main argument, connection quality, then the game can only go so far...people have bad connections etc etc. Aggressive CBMM would lead to a lot of one sided, boring games.

The post above is interesting about COD versus Halo. I haven't played much CoD or BF but they seem quite large battlefields and relatively impersonal, in that you will come across a lot of different people on the enemy team. In Halo, and Destiny especially, it's lower player counts and you can build up more of a rivalry with the other team. Maybe that makes people more invested in each individual match, and therefore makes it feel sweatier.

Top Bottom