• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Reason I ask is because I just decrypted 8 engrams and the 3 primary ones all decrypted at 399 meanwhile the other ones all decrypted at 400. Kind of frustrating.

At least tell me they wont decrypt lower than your LL.

They won't be lower. They have nerfed the light increase on exotics, certainly on 390+ so most of the time they will come out at the same level, POSSIBLY one higher.

Bungie did this to stop people with 50+ engrams spamming their way to max light. At 390 and below i would use exotics tactically to fill in "gaps" in light e.g. if everything is at 380 but one piece is at 375 then pop an engram for that piece - you've gained 0.5 light in total.

At 390 plus I would save them until you get to 400, then you'll have a bank of 400 infusion material ready to go as they will all decrypt at 400.

Super late reply to all the pvp talk, but I'd like to say that I enjoyed year 1 pvp so much more than what we have now.

The thing about Destiny is, and I might offend some of the best players here, it's not really a good pvp game. I'm talking balance of guns, classes, etc. But also the skill ceiling. It's closer to cod than halo imo. We all know anyone's grandma could pick up cod and get at least 1 kill in their first match ever. But halo or gears? No way. Destiny though, maybe.

Then you have all these terrible imbalances. Op meta weapons they don't nerf for 6 months, useless classes and nodes.

Idk. Destiny pvp can be so much fun when the stars align. But currently it's something I think needs a lot of tlc before the masses can call it good. I think people tolerate it right now.

Spades

That might help tempt some people back to do it.

Honestly, my group used the CM strat last night when we ran the raid for Aksis just because it's arguably no harder than any other strat. Did it first time without any issues. Posting because a week ago, when we first tried the Aksis CM, we thought we'd never ever try it again either.

Honestly, my group used the CM strat last night when we ran the raid for Aksis just because it's arguably no harder than any other strat. Did it first time without any issues. Posting because a week ago, when we first tried the Aksis CM, we thought we'd never ever try it again either.

That's very interesting to know. It makes a lot of sense for a relatively fixed group as once you've all learnt it, you've learnt it. The extra supers and tethers have got to help, and there is no "risk" if you miss a supercharge due to inattention/chaos.

Spades

That's very interesting to know. It makes a lot of sense for a relatively fixed group as once you've all learnt it, you've learnt it. The extra supers and tethers have got to help, and there is no "risk" if you miss a supercharge due to inattention/chaos.

Yeah, exactly. I think, like everything else, it's just getting used to something new. In this case, the only real difference when you're empowered is that you need to stand in a different place (we just stand on the plates now, rather than standing closer to where Aksis might jump).

Yeah, exactly. I think, like everything else, it's just getting used to something new. In this case, the only real difference when you're empowered is that you need to stand in a different place (we just stand on the plates now, rather than standing closer to where Aksis might jump).

My lock is a bit slow, so I stand on the outer side of the hatched box, i'm tempting fate, but when I did it I had time to turn around and move 3 steps to get the slam.

Early callouts on his teleport really help.

Spades

My lock is a bit slow, so I stand on the outer side of the hatched box, i'm tempting fate, but when I did it I had time to turn around and move 3 steps to get the slam.

I main Warlock, but I find you have plenty of time to get from the plate to slam Aksis if you use Focus Burst.

If you're all stood on the plate before he teleports, you never need to rely on callouts. The back middle is slightly more difficult as you can't do that, but for left and right sides, just stand on the plate holding X/Square and if Aksis teleports to your side, just run/jump/skate directly forward to stagger him.

Kilau

Sometimes you should just stay dead.

76WNBw.gif

As I said before, I disagree, personally. Aksis is dead easy if you stand on your plate. Vosik is also pretty easy, but we've seen the doors not shutting properly with the bombs on multiple runs.

You'd be surprised to see how many guardians can fuck up the jump or react late to an aksis teleport. Anyone can do vosik. You need a competent and focused group to do aksis.

Feorax

You'd be surprised to see how many guardians can fuck up the jump or react late to an aksis teleport. Anyone can do vosik. You need a competent and focused group to do aksis.

This is true.

It feels like with Aksis there's a tendency for people to worry about what everyone else is doing, because you're concerned that even if you do everything right, one fuckup elsewhere can end a run pretty quickly. Of course, that means people lose focus and are more likely to make an error themselves. This is heightened in challenge mode because you've got multiple people needing to be alive to the situation at the same time.

Look at me saying this like some sort of expert, I've still not beaten the fucker.

I main Warlock, but I find you have plenty of time to get from the plate to slam Aksis if you use Focus Burst.

If you're all stood on the plate before he teleports, you never need to rely on callouts. The back middle is slightly more difficult as you can't do that, but for left and right sides, just stand on the plate holding X/Square and if Aksis teleports to your side, just run/jump/skate directly forward to stagger him.

Ok thanks - I saw a couple of videos and the timing looked tight, plus the group I was with said it was a bit harder - so I just did it that way.

For the fight I have focused burst on and agility maxed out.

In terms of Vosiks versus Aksis - I think it's 50:50 most groups I've been in could either do both, or neither, I reckon.

It feels like with Aksis there's a tendency for people to worry about what everyone else is doing, because you're concerned that even if you do everything right, one fuckup elsewhere can end a run pretty quickly. Of course, that means people lose focus and are more likely to make an error themselves. This is heightened in challenge mode because you've got multiple people needing to be alive to the situation at the same time.

I hadn't realised it - but this is absolutely true. Looking back on my runs, with "weaker" groups i was constantly worrying if they would do their bits, and making sure we had empowerment call outs, so i made more mistakes myself. On my successful run (the guys made it look so easy, it was like having 5 slayerages) i knew they would all do their bit so i was only worrying about doing what i needed to do.

Anyway - thanks for pointing it out - i'll try to avoid that next time.

Feorax

I hadn't realised it - but this is absolutely true. Looking back on my runs, with "weaker" groups i was constantly worrying if they would do their bits, and making sure we had empowerment call outs, so i made more mistakes myself. On my successful run (the guys made it look so easy, it was like having 5 slayerages) i knew they would all do their bit so i was only worrying about doing what i needed to do.

Anyway - thanks for pointing it out - i'll try to avoid that next time.

When I ran it earlier this week, it was actually my first time running the raid at all, which meant I was so focused on making sure I didn't fuck up. It actually surprised me how few times I caused a wipe.

In other news, my search for Aksis phase 2 groups on LFG isn't going well.

Ryck

IMG_6882.jpg

One has more range but doesn't have Rangefinder. So I guess my question is does RF make up for that lower range or is the one with more range on paper going to have more range in play.

ll_J0N_ll

One has more range but doesn't have Rangefinder. So I guess my question is does RF make up for that lower range or is the one with more range on paper going to have more range in play.

RF adds 5% range to shotguns. It's practically useless as the games tick rate can't even account for the incremental difference in distance to your 'green bar but still lagging' opponent. RF probably won't even proc correctly if you quickscope your shotty.

JHall

IMG_6882.jpg

All you need for a shotty is aggressive ballistics and rifled/reinforced barrel. Range finder barely does anything as stated above^

Comitatus finaly dropped. All 3 factions ships now obtained.

Shaxx bounty gave 21 coins. Better than nothing i guess.

Need to do this dam raid one day. Maybe this week when im off

Trakan

Comitatus finaly dropped. All 3 factions ships now obtained.

Shaxx bounty gave 21 coins. Better than nothing i guess.

Need to do this dam raid one day. Maybe this week when im off

How many rank ups did it take you for comitatus? Did you pick weapons or armor?

I've ranked up NM 5 or 6 times now and nothing. It just feels like a waste of materials at this point.

Deku Tree

How many rank ups did it take you for comitatus? Did you pick weapons or armor?

I've ranked up NM 5 or 6 times now and nothing. It just feels like a waste of materials at this point.

People say they got it from the Chroma packages pretty quickly.

But It is still bugged for some people, like me. I did 20 rank ups and didn't get it after the latest patch. I have over 100 ranks in NM. Another GAFFER went from 10-25 and didn't get it.

Apparently they fixed it for some people but not for everyone.

They'll probably never look at the issue again so we're never gonna get it.

At least I now have every other version of that ship.

Trakan

People say they got it from the Chroma packages pretty quickly.

But It is still bugged for some people, like me. I did 20 rank ups and didn't get it after the latest patch. I have over 100 ranks in NM. Another GAFFER went from 10-25 and didn't get it.

Apparently they fixed it for some people but not for everyone.

They'll probably never look at the issue again so we're never gonna get it.

At least I now have every other version of that ship.

Heh, why am I not surprised? I'm rank 105 and tired of wasting materials.

Ryck

RF adds 5% range to shotguns. It's practically useless as the games tick rate can't even account for the incremental difference in distance to your 'green bar but still lagging' opponent. RF probably won't even proc correctly if you quickscope your shotty.
Cool I'll use the one with more range then. Thanks!

has Accurized and Aggressive ballistics, should I use the latter even if I lose a bit of range? ( this is on the solar one)

Pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but anyone else glad Destiny is sort of dead right now? Now I feel like I can finally play on the Pro, catch new Pokémon, and play FFXV when it drops. I hope we don't see SRL til the week of Xmas.

Top Bottom