• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GhaleonEB

Good run guys.

Gally gets his first CM and Hard mode complete.

Thanks for helping out and directing things Silver.

Get better Gally.

Thanks for the invite, that was a lot of fun. Up two light levels to 398, kept half the gear to tinker with. Appreciate everyone's patience. Now to pop another percocet and drift off...

I really enjoy RotM - it's a nice mix of activities and it requires constant communication, but it's still forgiving enough to not get frustrating. And the loot is off the charts compared to the prior raids. Bungie finally figured that part out.

My clan recently recruited a few new members and we have been running them through the WotM raid. We got a few through normal earlier in the week and thought we would do a hard raid last night with the challenge thrown in.

All I can say is screw vosik. Or to be more precise screw the siva charges. Several runs were messed up because the door didn't activate when hit with a charge. I could stand in the same spot every time and throw at the same aim point and it just wouldn't work every now and then. After close to 2 hours we decided to skip challenge mode and just get the raid finished. We then go on to one shot everything.

I'm all for difficult challenges but having it fail because of dodgy hit detection is so annoying.

Number45

Is a Spektar's Mark a Y3 item?
During TTK it wouldn't accept spektar items. They fixed that for RoI... but now it doesn't accept ANY Y3 class items (if it has the axe in the corner, it won't work).

When I change faction to go for the exotics I take chroma packages until I have a non-Y3 class item before switching to weapons.

Nothus

SRL will let you earn all of the old gear at the new light levels.
SRL will have ~two dozen new cosmetic items.
They will be distributed via the crate system.
1 per character for achieving level 12.
or

Now at Eververse!

Nothing like cosmetic events that lock all the cosmetics behind MTs.

I like SRL though and don't care about my LL beyond 400. I have all of the old SRL stuff in my vault for no good reason and I've never used it.

I'm still salty that you couldn't infuse the armour sets from the first SRL. It's the sexiest armour in the game, I still keep all of mine in the vault like you.

stn

Do I get a instant level 40 boost if I buy Rise Of Iron? I already have a lvl. 40 Titan but I'd love to quickly boost a Warlock. Is the expansion worth it overall? Thanks!

Do I get a instant level 40 boost if I buy Rise Of Iron? I already have a lvl. 40 Titan but I'd love to quickly boost a Warlock. Is the expansion worth it overall? Thanks!

Yes you'll get a boost that you can use on a new character.

Expansion is a mixed bag - the raid is excellent but everything else is mediocre.

Plus player base has shrinked right now and besides srl no other major activities in sight ,best hold up till destiny 2.
Also there is a lot chatter that your characters won't be transferred to destiny 2

CREMSteve

During TTK it wouldn't accept spektar items. They fixed that for RoI... but now it doesn't accept ANY Y3 class items (if it has the axe in the corner, it won't work).

When I change faction to go for the exotics I take chroma packages until I have a non-Y3 class item before switching to weapons.
Man, how did I not know any of this?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Look at what I just got.

ZHUkU0i.png

I got three god rolls to drop in one session.

Sniper.

F4Hg5uW.png

And Handcannon.

sRpN8Ol.png

Since i have seen some people wonder or complain how they got matched to a team at final boss while they were at the beginning of a card in trials i figured i would post this. Trying to get Falifax his scarab (aka new cat) emblem and we are on a 14th win streak after we completed our card (14 rolls of dices and no emblem), and for some reason we match this team on our 15th game:

vJw6XXE.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Supposedly a team with 8 wins on their card lol.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Since i have seen some people wonder or complain how they got matched to a team at final boss while they were at the beginning of a card in trials i figured i would post this. Trying to get Falifax his scarab (aka new cat) emblem and we are on a 14th win streak after we completed our card (14 rolls of dices and no emblem), and for some reason we match this team on our 15th game:

vJw6XXE.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When we were hunting for my cat emblem. It was easiest then getting to Mercury itself. Went on like a 20 game win streak. Match making is weird.

Train anyone?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They want to become better players or they want the loot. Or both. I would congratulate them on getting that far based on their stats. No easy task especially by today's standards.

Had a glimpse into the Overwatch community and it's looking like the modern day COD of old along with platform wars. And it's boring to watch even compared to all the other FPSs.

ll_J0N_ll

Had a glimpse into the Overwatch community and it's looking like the modern day COD of old along with platform wars. And it's boring to watch even compared to all the other FPSs.

Boring to watch? So you actually know what they're doing? All I see is kiddy cartoons flying around the screen faster than my eyes can keep up with.

There was a digital 'plays of the week' in our national news last week and it had an Overwatch clip in it. Apparently the player went on a kill streak but I had no idea as there seems to be nothing to let the player know they've killed someone. Good for them I guess?

TsuWave

Boring to watch? So you actually know what they're doing? All I see is kiddy cartoons flying around the screen faster than my eyes can keep up with.

There was a digital 'plays of the week' in our national news last week and it had an Overwatch clip in it. Apparently the player went on a kill streak but I had no idea as there seems to be nothing to let the player know they've killed someone. Good for them I guess?

this is pretty much how i feel about overwatch

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's the Marvel of FPS. Just spam abilities and use said character to counter another character and so forth. It's not the most elegant and methodical shooter.

Waifu counter strike is funny to watch with the commentary and parodies.

4 on 4 rift is more fun than anything I've played so far. More strategy involved and a lot less chaos.

deadduck

It baffles me how people can be that bad at crucible and still play it.

Maybe they enjoy the game, want the Trials gear and don't have good players to play with.

SBMM will keep them away from you in normal circumstances and Destiny does a great job of making you feel powerful in everything but Trials.

I hope they continue playing, the game needs them.

Maybe they enjoy the game, want the Trials gear and don't have good players to play with.

SBMM will keep them away from you in normal circumstances and Destiny does a great job of making you feel powerful in everything but Trials.

I hope they continue playing, the game needs them.

This. I have a 0.43 KD in Trials with an ELO rating of 991...I've done Trials a bit in year 2 to get loot, and a bit in year 3 (mainly to get the book done as they changed the bounties).

I have a massive amount of respect for people who are good at Trials, and PvP in general...but you'd better hope the crap players stick around....otherwise Trials will get harder and harder and harder and one day the original posters (not meaning DD) might be at the bottom with a 0.43 K/D ;-)

I also have completely different, and maybe wrong, expectations when I play. If I manage to kill someone, I am chuffed with myself. If we manage some round wins, or even an overall win then I am stoked.

I also enjoy the team work and the effect that good callouts can have.

I actually think a relatively "minor" change, putting the gold bounty at 20 round wins, could be a bad idea. For scrub teams like me it's simply not worth the pain and effort to try and get that for a "proper" piece of loot.

I had a quick look at player numbers (actually account numbers), and towards the end of last year it seemed to be bouncing between 330-430k per week...looking at the last few weeks it started at 800k and has trended down to 380k at the moment. It'll be interesting to see if it sticks at that or continues downwards.

J0dy77

Morning destiny gaf. Anyone want to run the raid on normal? I've never run a destiny raid before and finally have some time to try it out. Would love to do it with a gaf group. Have a 394 hunter, mic and can follow instructions (know how to play).

Morning destiny gaf. Anyone want to run the raid on normal? I've never run a destiny raid before and finally have some time to try it out. Would love to do it with a gaf group. Have a 394 hunter, mic and can follow instructions (know how to play).

I am also up for something like that and to get the Outbreak Prime quest.

Shiv47

vJw6XXE.png

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Probably pro players doing account carries?

Only played Destiny once this past week. Not really missing it. Started Diablo 3, been enjoying that.

Only played Destiny once this past week. Not really missing it. Started Diablo 3, been enjoying that.

That wouldn't make any sense. They are on a huge losing streak vs a team on a huge win streak.

Personally I think the first match in trials is screwed in matchmaking. It is consistently the hardest match in the first 5 matches

Shiv47

That wouldn't make any sense. They are on a huge losing streak vs a team on a huge win streak.

Personally I think the first match in trials is screwed in matchmaking. It is consistently the hardest match in the first 5 matches
Oh, I didn't notice that, was looking at the pic on my phone. As with all such events then there's one answer: "Destiny"

Ray was looking to run a normal raid in 2 hours and I believe there were some open spots..

Raybunny

I am organizing a raid starting in around 2 hours cause I still need to finish the Outbreak prime quest.

Was thinking on farming Vosiks but it can be a full raid. I do not know where are the monitors(so you can unlock the 1st step of the outbreak prime) but surely someone else will know about. Ill make sure to get one that does. ( Cough Ruthless Cough Cough).

Let me know your PSN folks so I can poke you when at home.

Who are you, my clone? I took a break from Destiny this week and started playing D3 too. I need to up the difficulty as I am rolling over stuff on Normal (just downed first boss of Act 2).

What agent_tiro said. Those guys got 5-0'd faster than it took me to write that post so they were just legit awful. Matchmaking is just weird sometimes.

The end result of that cat farm was 18 wins and 1 loss (to a team we faced 3 times in those 19 games) and no emblem for falifax feelsbadman.

What agent_tiro said. Those guys got 5-0'd faster than it took me to write that post so they were just legit awful. Matchmaking is just weird sometimes.

Once when my team lost our first game everyone on the other team got flawless. Guess we got done in by connection-based-matchinmaking.

I am organizing a raid starting in around 2 hours cause I still need to finish the Outbreak prime quest.

Was thinking on farming Vosiks but it can be a full raid. I do not know where are the monitors(so you can unlock the 1st step of the outbreak prime) but surely someone else will know about. Ill make sure to get one that does. ( Cough Ruthless Cough Cough).

Let me know your PSN folks so I can poke you when at home.

Ugh, I wish I could but at work at that time...I can do evenings EST but during the day on a weekday not an option sadly (unless I was PTO and unfortunately I am not today).

Shiv47

Who are you, my clone? I took a break from Destiny this week and started playing D3 too. I need to up the difficulty as I am rolling over stuff on Normal (just downed first boss of Act 2).
Yeah, a friend suggested I start as high as the game let me, but I went hard instead of expert and I'm still rolling over most enemies.

let's just hope it comes to PC. 60fps + mouse/keyboard controls would be brilliant.

Why not get the Brook Sniper? Get mouse and keyboard (and some cheats). Sure its not 60fps, but surely:

- Turn on the “Anti Recoil” function automatically to increase the accuracy rate of weapon shots.

- Turn on the “Rapid Fire” function automatically to increase the bullets fired up to 60%.

Makes up for that.

...seriously though, will the Brook Sniper allow me to win against those slide shotgunning monsters in Crucible?

Yay it's back up!

having a dead phone + Neogaf being down = no fun allowed. I actually went to "reddit" *gasps* since it was the only thing Destiny related I could go to.

Top Bottom