• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

let's just hope it comes to PC. 60fps + mouse/keyboard controls would be brilliant.

Destiny 2 is already confirmed for PC.

Destiny PvP on PC will be a terrible experience. It'll look and run beautifully for those with mid to high end gaming PCs I'm sure, but with what I've witnessed with Division and Overwatch on PC, I am no longer looking forward to Destiny 2 PC release. Going to stick with PS4 with my DGAF bros.

Depending on what they do with account transfers and whathaveyou, I might check it out on PC just to check it out, but PS4 will definitely be my main.

Deku Tree

PS4 has my friends list. PS4 has PS4 Pro. And PS4 Pro has good protections from cheaters.

Doubt that Sony/MS are gonna let you transfer your character over to PC. On the other hand I doubt that there will be much to transfer over to D2. Maybe some emblems... Fresh Start Boyz!

So I see no need to get a PC to play Destiny 2.

Coxy100

Banned
Hi guys. Forgive the newb question I suspect. On the Reef 'Variks' can sell me some hunter cloaks. All he wants is 5000 glimmer and a legendary engram. I have a legendary engram but it still says 0/1. I notice the image of the engram is a class item engram, whereas my image is a special weapon engram.

Does that mean I can't use this engram obviously - and I have to wait till I get one of the class item engrams? (I could buy one from the cryptarch)

Wish the description was a bit clearer...

Destiny 2 is already confirmed for PC.

Destiny PvP on PC will be a terrible experience. It'll look and run beautifully for those with mid to high end gaming PCs I'm sure, but with what I've witnessed with Division and Overwatch on PC, I am no longer looking forward to Destiny 2 PC release. Going to stick with PS4 with my DGAF bros.

Depending on what they do with account transfers and whathaveyou, I might check it out on PC just to check it out, but PS4 will definitely be my main.

What's wrong with Overwatch on PC?

Also Destiny 2 has not been confirmed for PC...Destiny 2 has not even been confirmed haha. I get what you mean, but you have a very loose definition of "confirmed."

What's wrong with Overwatch on PC?

Also Destiny 2 has not been confirmed for PC...Destiny 2 has not even been confirmed haha. I get what you mean, but you have a very loose definition of "confirmed."

I don't have a very loose definition of confirmed.

vWUnJDW.jpg

Nothing is wrong with OW on PC, other than aimbots/cheaters. Also, playing against extremely talented PC snipers is no fun at all. Destiny 2 will have more than 1 "Widowmaker" and i can't see myself enjoying PvP on PC

Melchiah

Why the hell does the game give same level gear from exotic engrams at +390 level? I'm at 395, and it just gave me two 395 gear and one 396. Exotic engrams are one of the very few ways to raise level past 390, and it's fucking annoying they don't work as they do on lower levels. I recall getting three levels higher gear from exotic engrams before.

Shiv47

Why the hell does the game give same level gear from exotic engrams at +390 level? I'm at 395, and it just gave me two 395 gear and one 396. Exotic engrams are one of the very few ways to raise level past 390, and it's fucking annoying they don't work as they do on lower levels. I recall getting three levels higher gear from exotic engrams before.

They wanted to lengthen your grind so you'd keep playing despite the lack of content.

Melchiah

Have you played the HM raid? That's the easiest way to level up fast.

Nope. We haven't even been able to finish it on normal due to scheduling issues. I'd just like to play as I did before, doing patrols, daily stories and strikes, and getting constant higher level rewards from factions in the process. Because that's not the case anymore, I'm seriously considering quitting the game next week, when I buy the Pro and start playing games that are patched for it. I might even start clearing my backlog. ;)

Shiv47

Nope. We haven't even been able to finish it on normal due to scheduling issues. I'd just like to play as I did before, doing patrols, daily stories and strikes, and getting constant higher level rewards from factions in the process. Because that's not the case anymore, I'm seriously considering quitting the game next week, when I buy the Pro and start playing games that are patched for it. I might even start clearing my backlog. ;)

Well, I can't blame you for quitting then. Bungie's capping faction rewards at 390 was really dumb to me; it basically killed any interest I had in doing faction stuff, as I don't care about farming for theoretical god roll weapons. I quit playing Destiny as my main game to start playing backlog stuff myself, so you're probably better off doing that. It's not going anywhere for the time being.

Hedera

Hi guys. Forgive the newb question I suspect. On the Reef 'Variks' can sell me some hunter cloaks. All he wants is 5000 glimmer and a legendary engram. I have a legendary engram but it still says 0/1. I notice the image of the engram is a class item engram, whereas my image is a special weapon engram.

Does that mean I can't use this engram obviously - and I have to wait till I get one of the class item engrams? (I could buy one from the cryptarch)

Wish the description was a bit clearer...
Yeah, you have to use a legendary class item engram. Also, I believe sublime engrams don't work either.

Buying one from the cryptarch won't work though, as they auto decrypt when you buy them.

Melchiah

Well, I can't blame you for quitting then. Bungie's capping faction rewards at 390 was really dumb to me; it basically killed any interest I had in doing faction stuff, as I don't care about farming for theoretical god roll weapons. I quit playing Destiny as my main game to start playing backlog stuff myself, so you're probably better off doing that. It's not going anywhere for the time being.

Same here. Making factions pointless after 390 really made it less fun for me. I like to play patrols mostly, and there's no point in playing them anymore. Even the exotics you get occasionally from Taken invasions give minimal rewards.

I might return if they change those, but I'm not holding my breath for it. It's time to move on, and start playing something else for a change.

ekgrey

Anyone on XB1 willing to help me get Irxori and/or Stirok? I just fucking can't catch a break. Either I get taken out (heh) by snipers or I can't find them in time or I can't even find all the lieutenants in time.

GT: ekgrey I'm on now, sitting in the Rocketyard, waiting to fail again. ;_;

edit: oh goody, here they come.

edit: i'm screaming

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm getting really annoyed with matchmaking. Getting into all these games where we're down thousands of points and the other team is about to win. This crap needs to end before two comes out. Have match making where you can scroll through a list and see how many players are in it, score, etc like fighting games.

Mindlog

Looking to run nightfall at least twice. PSN is cooi_breeze
I haven't run anything this week. I can help!
Wait this was 2 hours ago.

Easy things that would make Destiny better Vol. 1.
Exotic badges for soloing hard content Iron Banner style.
Month #1 For 1 Week - Templar
Month #2 For 1 Week - Voksis
Month #3 For 1 Week - Perfected Nightfall

etc etc

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got another matador with aggressive, full auto, rifled and crowd control. Not as good as the one with same perks except rangefinder in last slot. But I'll keep it since it's arc and may be good for some random time.

Is there a Titan who could help me and someone else progress in the Outbreak Prime quest? Maybe not all the way through if you don't have the time, but at least a little bit? I've been trying to do it since the raid came out and I just haven't progressed passed the first part because I can never get a full fireteam. I really want to finish it as quickly as possible. I would greatly appreciate it.

PS4: WakizashiM

HigXx

Is there a Titan who could help me and someone else progress in the Outbreak Prime quest? Maybe not all the way through if you don't have the time, but at least a little bit? I've been trying to do it since the raid came out and I just haven't progressed passed the first part because I can never get a full fireteam. I really want to finish it as quickly as possible. I would greatly appreciate it.

PS4: WakizashiM

Im a Titan at first part of quest

Coxy100

Banned
Yeah, you have to use a legendary class item engram. Also, I believe sublime engrams don't work either.

Buying one from the cryptarch won't work though, as they auto decrypt when you buy them.

Thanks for the warning! Saved me from losing 60 marks there... (auto decrypt).

Will try and get another in Challenge of Elders then..

Top Bottom