• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

CLBridges

Looks nice. I'm in for some more SRL, that was pretty fun. Icebreaker back the same? Or, with changes, I wonder. I should be finished with FFXV by then.

Content will dry out in a week or two. It's free so no complaints.

Depends on how long it takes to get the new exotics I would guess? Like Icebreaker is a either a random reward or a random quest rewarded from Zavala's weekly nightfall bounty (I am not sure if its the gun or a quest from the Game Informer article). I do know that the Solar and Void lords are exotic quests from that article.

However, you are right, its not a substantive thing that will really last. The strike scoring and such seems to be a refinement of what POE was meant to be and that didnt seem to do a lot to stem the loss of players with HoW nor the Y2 April Update. Cool thing is SRL is staying as part of the private matchmaking.

Sidenote:
Cold_Between_Starts.jpeg

I need this ornament.

Solarlord and voidlord incoming? Oh, bungie... :p

Revamped omnigul? oh god, why does bungie love that strike so much?

From the image names they seem to be Abaddon and Nova Mortis respectively. As an aside, do we really need more solar heavies? Gjally, SGA, Dragon's Breath, 2x swords, Sleeper and now this?

Also as a complete aside to Icebreaker coming back:
This expansion has seen the return of 3 weapons since around TTK Bungie has stated they never wanted to bring back due to the impact they had on the game: Gjally, Thorn and Icebreaker. Since Bungie seems fine bringing them back, can we get back other things? Maybe a fixed Pocket Infinity? Or, and I am sure a lot feel this way, elemental primaries? I dont even care if its locked to just exotics. You have the Supercell for Arc, bring back Void to Bad Juju and, what I would personally love to see, a solar hand cannon that is an exotic siva'd out fatebringer (have the raid perk as an innate perk and something like hidden range where aiming down sights increase both range and target acquisition). I have a concept on how they can do that siva'd fatebringer through a questline and some new story missions (which are altered existing story missions, you know, allowing Bungie to reuse a lot of foundation content).

Honestly, from what I have seen of the new Raid Primaries, they seem cool, but the lack of elemental damage on them is disappointing. Its part of what made heroic mode so worthwhile in VoG and CE as the primaries that dropped had elemental damage. Outside of chasing higher light levels, what was the point of the heroic weapons in King's Fall? Sure the black skin looked cooler than the white skin, but if I recall the weapon's were the same with the same random perk set between normal and heroic mode.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Going to reschedule newbie raid for monday evening for those interested. Stay tuned for exact time, or quote this post if you know you're free and want to secure a spot.

FyreWulff

Solarlord and voidlord incoming? Oh, bungie... :p

Revamped omnigul? oh god, why does bungie love that strike so much?

tbf Omni has really needed a revamp. I always like the idea of the strike, but it's like the opposite of y1 cheese strikes, where it's just a long slog.

also expecting ice breaker to be nerfed to oblivion if it's coming back lol

Looks nice. I'm in for some more SRL, that was pretty fun. Icebreaker back the same? Or, with changes, I wonder. I should be finished with FFXV by then.

It's been nerfed a lot. Moved to the lowest impact tier, reduction of the regen, reduction of damage, and enforcement of longest scopes. So I wonder if the Y3 version is going to be hit with even more. But the strike reworks to kill camping could have also been the new "IB nerf" because the ones they're showing were the ones IB broke the most.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody know if you dismantle something with an ornament, do you get it back or is the ornament gone for good?

tbf Omni has really needed a revamp. I always like the idea of the strike, but it's like the opposite of y1 cheese strikes, where it's just a long slog.

Real question with Omni revamp: did they finally make her and flayers applicable for 3oCs? Not being able to use a 3oC on them since TTK has been something in needing of fixing.

Vimes

Was watching some sort of bungie facebook stream from PSX and Deej confirmed that SRL will be available in Private Matches after the event.

I'm so happy I could cry. No more waiting a year for this goodness.

I hope they nail the scoring algorithm in strikes, to prioritise speed and chains of kills.

Scoring in PoE was cool and I guess added some twists to how you normally would kill stuff...but often the most points was a fairly slow run waiting for grenades to recharge etc.

I also think there should be less points for making orbs and supers, as the bubble train strat clearly broke the PoE scoring algorithm.

That said I hope the bounty scores are achievable for plebs like me!

Post is too long already but they could set target times based on their belvedere cheese squad plus say 20% and anything under gets a points bonus.

Last comment, killing adds should generally give more points than speed running. Aim is that teams are generally going for the fastest run that clears all, or the majority, of adds as well as the boss.

WeTeHa

I hope they take a long hard look at the omnigul boss fight and come up with a better idea than just "let's spawn a billion adds every time you hit omnigul"

Real question with Omni revamp: did they finally make her and flayers applicable for 3oCs? Not being able to use a 3oC on them since TTK has been something in needing of fixing.

Don't think so. If I remember correctly it's a thing with ultras with shields don't count as ultras or something

Hopefully not everything is locked behind microtransactions like festival of the lost. Give me a slow grind to earn stuff if I choose, whilst giving that quick shortcut you can pay for.

On a side note I must be in the minority but I would much rather have the current pvp meta than go back to HoW. HoW was literally use an exotic hand cannon, blink, shotgun, rocket launcher and nothing else, till the messenger became a thing. Anything else and you were at a massive disadvantage. Now I can use scouts, pulse or hand cannons. And know I can compete whilst using them if I use them as intended. In HoW you got ridiculous amounts of heavy and special.

The worst thing about current pvp is the very low playerbase which makes it sweaty and laggy every match.

Rose tinted glasses always make things from the past look good. Having watched some old footage from my own matches from HoW there was some major level bull**** you could pull off.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bungie has to be like Capcom and keep fun stuff in. History shows people are more willing to play broken but fun things than balanced but boring things. You can actually have both. Instead of nerfs, buff things to level the playing field.

Bungie has to be like Capcom and keep fun stuff in. History shows people are more willing to play broken but fun things than balanced but boring things. You can actually have both. Instead of nerfs, buff things to level the playing field.

Primaries are in need of a buff massively. But people will complain about that when it happens as they will be getting two tapped again.

It honestly doesn't matter what bungie do at this point. People will still complain. Just enjoy the game for what it is, and if you don't enjoy it play something else.

Magik

Primaries need a buff but the biggest issue has to be the special ammo economy. There's just too much available in a given match.

Look at the map Dungeons for example. There are 4 special ammo crates spawns on the field at a given time so when they spawn in, there's a total of 16 rounds of special available and that's for the first spawn. Now take into account that special ammo spawns 2-3 times in a full match, you can't blame people for relying on special weapons when ammo is so plentiful.

Primaries need a buff but the biggest issue has to be the special ammo economy. There's just too much available in a given match.

Look at the map Dungeons for example. There are 4 special ammo crates spawns on the field at a given time so when they spawn in, there's a total of 16 rounds of special available and that's for the first spawn. Now take into account that special ammo spawns 2-3 times in a full match, you can't blame people for relying on special weapons when ammo is so plentiful.

Just reduce the amount of ammo per special box. 2 sniper shots and 2 shotgun rounds per box in 6s it's not that bad as it is a huge cluster anyway. But in 3s special should be something to fight over every spawn.

A thousand times this.

BLCKATK

Playing FFXV for the time being, but if people need 1 for a raid I'd be interested. PSN: Azys_

If they do a good job with strike scoring that will definitely give me incentive to play. High score needs to equal high rewards.. please Bungie.

Ruze789

So, Shaxxfall can drop cool useful stuff, right?

I finally got around to doing the Mountaintop quest this week, did my first Shaxx bounty... got 21 strange coins. I remember that's why I stopped doing the NF in Year 1, multiple SC 'rewards' a week.

Dalek

So, Shaxxfall can drop cool useful stuff, right?

I finally got around to doing the Mountaintop quest this week, did my first Shaxx bounty... got 21 strange coins. I remember that's why I stopped doing the NF in Year 1, multiple SC 'rewards' a week.

Yeah he'll drop Nightfall level rewards for his quests.

Anyone opinion on this Thousand Yard Stare?

EagleEye/Shortgaze/Ambush

Grenadier

Perfect Balance/Reinforced Barrel/Hannibal

Unflinching

For anyone who plays on the bone, I sent a request to destinyGaf club

Hey did you send one to "DGAF" too? I started the DGAF club but the official one is "destinyGAF".

Someone sent me a request to "DGAF" but I can't find a web-based way to accept the invite and then message them to point them to the proper one.

Top Bottom