• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Tallied what I got out of the newbie raid. Quantiplasm, 2 * Sound and Fury, Artifact, Chaos Dogma. No armor pieces.

Oh and an Exotic Engram which turned into a Nemesis star. Just glad it wasn't a 4th Dragon's breath

Raid sniper, scout, rocket launcher, artifact, arms (99% stat roll), helm and boots. Not feeling the rocket launcher but maybe that's me.

Exciting to see that the sparrow racing league is due to make a return as I never got to play it last time

I have all the dlc except the latest one - what are the odds the sparrow rachg league will be accessible?

Strider

Exciting to see that the sparrow racing league is due to make a return as I never got to play it last time

I have all the dlc except the latest one - what are the odds the sparrow rachg league will be accessible?

I think you'll have access to the tracks from last year but not the new ones.

I'm semi newbie here.

PSN is OmniCloud wife's PSN is ElisJah

Working on getting my Hunter/Warlock to level 40 (they are both 32 atm so a few more days) and will use the auto level 40 item on my new Titan. I don't play much of PvP, just going through the story missions and strikes with my wife who is in love with the game. Would be greatly appreciated if someone could take me and my wife on a Raid, she desperately need some better weapons and armor and trying to get everything through Vanguard rating seems like its gonna take a while. My year one stuff is basically letting me fly through the story missions at least but I'm sure once I hit level 40 all my old exotics will be useless. So just have a few tidbits/questions for you vets here.

- What's the best way to get legendary/exotics weapons and armor?
- Is Xur still around to get great weapons with strange coins (i got like 20 something)
- What's the best PvE class in general?
- Will leveling up my Titan with the auto-level 40 item level up his sub-class as well?

I'm semi newbie here.

PSN is OmniCloud wife's PSN is ElisJah

Working on getting my Hunter/Warlock to level 40 (they are both 32 atm so a few more days) and will use the auto level 40 item on my new Titan. I don't play much of PvP, just going through the story missions and strikes with my wife who is in love with the game. Would be greatly appreciated if someone could take me and my wife on a Raid, she desperately need some better weapons and armor and trying to get everything through Vanguard rating seems like its gonna take a while. My year one stuff is basically letting me fly through the story missions at least but I'm sure once I hit level 40 all my old exotics will be useless. So just have a few tidbits/questions for you vets here.

- Is Xur still around to get great weapons with strange coins (i got like 20 something)
- Will leveling up my Titan with the auto-level 40 item level up his sub-class as well?

Once you guys are level 40 with around 360 light, you can totally do normal mode raid. Hawkian here does a weekly newb raid that is a really fun way to get to know it before doing hard mode. Keep checking out the boards for oportunities to join those.

About your questions... dobt worry too much about exotics/legendary till you are higher light. Just equip your highest light stuff till you get to 365 at least. Archons forge is your best friend till 365. After that its a mix between forge, strikes and raid till 400.

Xur shows up on weekends.

Theres no such thing as a best pve class. They are all useful in specific situations. Get all of them up guardian.

Pretty sure the auto40 thing does not upgrade your subclass.

In terms of raiding - I'll never get to go on one (Xbox player) but Hawkian's newbie raids have had consistently good feedback for about 3 years now, over 4 different raids!

The game is really pretty quiet now, so you may struggle to find groups easily on some LFG sites. If you can't do one with Hawkian I would highly recommend scheduling one on the100.io

You can specify a date and time, and also request a sherpa and make it clear that newbies are welcome. You'll still get quite a variety of people and experiences, and someone might be a knob, but it minimises your chances of a bad time.

I think now, you will need to get to level 40 and then they can start dropping from any activity and even blue engrams occasionally turn into legendaries.

In terms of "best" way....I'd say anything is fine. Story missions and strikes will increase your light level. ALWAYS have your highest light gear on when you decrypt engrams.

What I'm less sure about is "old" end game content. Before RoI the endgame was challenge of elders, a relatively straight forwards score attack mode in the prison of elders. It may well be worth doing this older stuff because it will have higher legendary drop rates...although it won't raise your light much faster than any other content.

I'd say between 250-350 is murkier ground where older endgame content may drop you more legendaries per hour...I'm not sure.

350+ the path is very clear - current play-list strikes will get you to...385 now I think...and then either a LOT of strikes or a few raids and iron banners will get you to 400.

Note that occasionally skeleton keys will drop and you can use them carefully to increase the light on a slot that is lagging behind. E.g. if you get a key, and your arms are holding you back, do the right strike and open the right chest to get a new set of higher light arms.

Xur also now sells an item called "3 of coins". Buy a stack of them and every time you are going to kill a boss or a PvP game, use one. It applies a buff to your character that stays there until you kill an ultra boss (or finish a PvP match). The buff gives you a higher chance of getting an exotic engram to drop. if one doesnt drop, and you apply your next 3 of coins then you have an even higher chance of getting an exotic to drop from the next boss..and so on until one drops.

This chart shows which activities and rewards go up to which light level

http://i.imgur.com/RDTzfp6.jpg

Yes - i think you'll have to be level 40 to equip them now but you can buy stuff each weekend.

All classes work well in 99% of content. For the 1% that's hard i.e. whatever the current hard mode raid is, then it's usually defender titans.

For raiding the standard sub-classes are:-

Hunters - nightstalker to either tether the boss or strategically tether a group of add's to generate orbs for everyone at the start of a run

Titans - defender - usually weapons of light for Boss DPS, but also strategically used in "danger spots"

Warlock - .... - sunsinger is now more viable because it has a damage buff that stacks with weapons of light and the hunter tether....but any class has pro's and cons.

Unfortunately I'm 99% sure it won't. It does give you "average" gear for a 280 light character, although I've never managed to find out what this means.

About time!

Skeleton Key Drop Rates to be INCREASED

Green Engrams will AUTOMATICALLY dismantle into Weapon parts and Armour Materials (Confirmed to be triggered once you hit Level 40)

Better fix the legendary engram drops first. Had 0 in the last 9 strikes (doing the strikes for marks and the package), in different weeks

Also, exotic engrams decryption. The last 10 or so armour ones, 9 of them when decrypted were for different character. Titan decrypted arms and helmet for Warlock. Warlock decrypted boots and gauntlets for hunter. And hunter decrypted armour for both Titan and Warlock.

Better fix the legendary engram drops first. Had 0 in the last 9 strikes (doing the strikes for marks and the package), in different weeks

Also, exotic engrams decryption. The last 10 or so armour ones, 9 of them when decrypted were for different character. Titan decrypted arms and helmet for Warlock. Warlock decrypted boots and gauntlets for hunter. And hunter decrypted armour for both Titan and Warlock.

I just want a secondary that decrypts to Zen meteor...

Amazing...tks guys for the updates, will sticky this page for reference.

Much appreciated! Can't wait to get back home and play some more! So addicted to Destiny again, surprised I was able to hold out this long. I basically went from vanilla -break- to end game. Sad that its not as popular as the peek, but I still see some friends on that's been playing since day one and I have my wife to look after as well so I'm ok. (Lucent Beam if your on GAF hey girl hey! lol) I don't need to have the best of the best anyway, I felt like I "beat" the game once my Guardian hit level 29 which was one level away from the max at that time. Probably do the same now get to 400 with strikes and stuff. My wife isn't that good though so harder raids are out of the question when we are both playing, glad I can get stuff from Strikes as well.

Amazing...tks guys for the updates, will sticky this page for reference.

Much appreciated! Can't wait to get back home and play some more! So addicted to Destiny again, surprised I was able to hold out this long. I basically went from vanilla -break- to end game. Sad that its not as popular as the peek, but I still see some friends on that's been playing since day one and I have my wife to look after as well so I'm ok. (Lucent Beam if your on GAF hey girl hey! lol) I don't need to have the best of the best anyway, I felt like I "beat" the game once my Guardian hit level 29 which was one level away from the max at that time. Probably do the same now get to 400 with strikes and stuff. My wife isn't that good though so harder raids are out of the question when we are both playing, glad I can get stuff from Strikes as well.

Hey there - couple of other pointers - read the dawning thread on reddit. Sparrow racing is coming back and if people are playing, most of them will be doing that. Some people love it some hate it as it is not FPS!

Sparrow races PROBABLY still count as crucible matches so they can drop exotic engrams if you have a 3 of coins buff applied at the end of the race.

Normal mode raid drops are up to 385 light and you get a lot of drops per raid. I would try going in when you are 370 or 380 to get some benefit from the loot.

If you can get a group then the old raids are awesome too, and could help your light as you progress up to 370. They all have normal mode and hard mode.

HigXx

Up against a fireteam of 6 Force Barrier/ Twilight Garrison Defender Titans, really tight game, eventually time runs out and we beat them by 100 points

Feels good man

P.S. that Scout Roll is God-like

You can just play through the story and do quests from where you left off and you'll level up pretty quickly. You probably got a Spark of Light if you've just bought the expansions, which will auto level you for the newest content if you don't want to bother playing everything, but it's worth doing, especially Taken King. No need to play the raids if you don't want to, you can reach max level (400 light) without raiding.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I went ahead and used the Spark of Light on a new Titan char and now I'm starting the Taken King. I'm so glad I can get max level without having to Raid. I was never a fan of the hassle of just getting a group together and hoping no one would back out lol.

Shiv47

Awesome, thanks for the info. I went ahead and used the Spark of Light on a new Titan char and now I'm starting the Taken King. I'm so glad I can get max level without having to Raid. I was never a fan of the hassle of just getting a group together and hoping no one would back out lol.

Not that it may matter much to you, but once you reach 390 light, your progression will slow down a fair bit as high level activities are the main way to gain light, and raiding is the fastest way to get gear up to 400 (which is, admittedly, not that big of a deal unless you like feeling like you maxed out your light). At this point though, so many people (at least here on GAF) have quit the game, that getting a raid group together outside of LFG is often a chore. Anyway, just follow this for progression purposes:

yYJJn8I.jpg

Holy shit these iron banner bounties are easy. No 'get a 10 kill streak' anymore? I might not have hated iron banner so much way back when with these bounties.

Raven117

Alright...

Anybody around tonight about 7 pm central for an Aksis Challenge Mode run?

I haven't done it yet...Its the last thing I really need to do for the pve content?

Pls? No? Okay.... :(

Top Bottom