• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

They had it perfect with the original Festival of the Lost, or about 98% there. It's just been outright paid DLC with the latest ones :/

From what I read, the book is free but the cool looking gear and such with be in dawning chests you buy for silver. Ornaments though are supposedly getting a kiosk so no more gambling as you can buy outright (xur will stop selling, not sure if they remove them from chests and replace with something else). Plus I have to assume sparrows, horns and shaders will come in a paid purchase.

Flipside

So, anyone up for the Vosik challenge tonight (in about one or two hours) before the reset? (just CM is fine) Haven't had much time to play last week.

I don't know if anyone will actually read this message before the reset with Destiny being as dead as it currently is ;)

So, anyone up for the Vosik challenge tonight (in about one or two hours) before the reset? (just CM is fine) Haven't had much time to play last week.

I don't know if anyone will actually read this message before the reset with Destiny being as dead as it currently is ;)

I need one more Challenge this week so I'm down. PSN: Appletz

You mean 1 or 2 hours before reset, not 1 or 2 hours from now right?

Shiv47

After reading over what's included in this update, I'm not overly excited about any of it. Adding two new exotics in the form of re-skinned Thunderlords is about as lazy as it gets. I mean, most of this is just shuffling the same content around as we're used to already, but I'm past the point where it's any kind of enticement to go back and play any amount of time.

After reading over what's included in this update, I'm not overly excited about any of it. Adding two new exotics in the form of re-skinned Thunderlords is about as lazy as it gets. I mean, most of this is just shuffling the same content around as we're used to already, but I'm past the point where it's any kind of enticement to go back and play any amount of time.

Please be excite for the April update where we get a brand new exotic: Y3 Pocket Infinity. I mean it has to be coming and there has to be a reason they held it back. I also sort of expect they have some silly reason to make VoG and CE Y3 as a last hurrah for Destiny 1.

BLCKATK

I can help with raid stuff to if need be. Wouldn't mind playing some Destiny, guess I need to stock up on Motes/coins/legendary marks for The Dawning.

E92 M3

Bungie has to be like Capcom and keep fun stuff in. History shows people are more willing to play broken but fun things than balanced but boring things. You can actually have both. Instead of nerfs, buff things to level the playing field.

OP will ALWAYS be more fun than nerfed. Look at how MW2 was one of the most successful shooters ever. Everything was OP so it became balanced.

Bungie nerfed the fun out of Destiny.

It'd be cool if the new SIVA strikes added SIVA versions of the original legendaries, like Grasp of Malok and Cloak of Taniks. Of course, that's probably asking too much.

BLCKATK

It'd be cool if the new SIVA strikes added SIVA versions of the original legendaries, like Grasp of Malok and Cloak of Taniks. Of course, that's probably asking too much.

Hnggh.. Grasp of Malok SIVA edition would be so sick. Imagine if it had Sign of Four on it..

A man can dream.

Dez_

Greens giving weapon parts sounds great. The updated strikes and scoring sound great. I enjoyed SRL and like that we're getting more new tracks. I'm pretty pleased with everything that was listed for the upcoming update. It's definitely a reason to bring me back for a little bit.

Tallied what I got out of the newbie raid. Quantiplasm, 2 * Sound and Fury, Artifact, Chaos Dogma. No armor pieces.

Oh and an Exotic Engram which turned into a Nemesis star. Just glad it wasn't a 4th Dragon's breath

Just started playing again, but I haven't played since before House of Wolves. Man, this game kinda changed - I am so lost lol. All my old gear seems to be useless now and suddenly the player level isn't tied to the amount of light you have anymore? Do you still need to get full Raid gear to get to the highest light level?

Shiv47

Just started playing again, but I haven't played since before House of Wolves. Man, this game kinda changed - I am so lost lol. All my old gear seems to be useless now and suddenly the player level isn't tied to the amount of light you have anymore? Do you still need to get full Raid gear to get to the highest light level?
You can just play through the story and do quests from where you left off and you'll level up pretty quickly. You probably got a Spark of Light if you've just bought the expansions, which will auto level you for the newest content if you don't want to bother playing everything, but it's worth doing, especially Taken King. No need to play the raids if you don't want to, you can reach max level (400 light) without raiding.

Top Bottom