• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

SpecX

I can't seem to get into Iron Banner this month. I'm having trouble playing more than a couple of matches. I'd usually have all of the bounties done already, but I've only finished one so far.

It just isn't grabbing me. I may be burnt out.

Probably, I've always come back for IB yet don't feel the urge to come back for this one. I was close to signing on last night, but when I took my PS4 out of standby, Skyrim was there and 2 hours later I went to bed (way past the time I should have gone).

FyreWulff

Soooooo, skill based? Or nah? Sounds good either way, I just hope it isn't bullshit.

It's always been a system of weights for each one. Never really pure one or the other.

It sounds like settings somewhere between Halo 3 Ranked and Social. It looks outside your skill range a bit more to collect more players, and waits for better connections slightly longer, but for the most part it should generally still be people near your skill level. If you don't have a lot of people in your region then I'd expect wildly swinging games for skill.

Dthomp

So now with matchmaking, instead of being shot through walls I have a higher chance of just playing a bunch of people significantly above my own skill level? Is that the jist of what I'm reading?

Melchiah

Drops from SRL are a bit of an unknown I think.

Previously they dropped SRL "armour" BUT most of the gear had light switched off/0. It WAS dropping max-light enabled helmets though, because at the time the hard mode raid was really stingy about helmets so quite a few people were struggling to get max light helmets.

They've said the new gear is light-enabled but there's no need for them to drop max light gear...as you can get it all from the raid.

But maybe they will, just to try and get player count up.

*shrug*

Oh well, it's up to the RNG then. Someone mentioned, that there might be a chance to get exotics from SRL with TOC, like in the Crucible.

Thanks for the info anyways.

Kyne

So now with matchmaking, instead of being shot through walls I have a higher chance of just playing a bunch of people significantly above my own skill level? Is that the jist of what I'm reading?

yes.

I for one, would rather be shot by Wanted-esque bullets.

guess bungie acknowledges that there's no one playing and so this is the smart answer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GG Bungie

CzLXwEJWgAIRqOv.jpg

I'll leave it a few days to sort itself out but they really need to look at how they match EU players. UK should match with France and Holland max. Its not like the US where its (more or less) a unified system, plus I'm sure there "connection" is actually distance

Oh well, it's up to the RNG then. Someone mentioned, that there might be a chance to get exotics from SRL with TOC, like in the Crucible.

Thanks for the info anyways.

That was probably me:)

Gear will definitely drop at the end, with RNG, just like crucible matches. What's unknown is whether it will have light 0 and have to be infused or if it will drop with light levels appropriate for your current level. And if the latter then what light level it will be capped at, 385, 390 or 400.

Actually thinking about it, matching the light of the drop to your current level will be annoying for old players. They'll want to equip their existing SRL gear which means they'll only be 200 lightish.

ToC will almost certainly work unless they deliberately code it out. I doubt that at this stage but they do weird stuff (e.g. rift IB).

gspec

Last night, My friend and I was in a fireteam together just us two. We matchmake into iron banner and we are both put on different teams and can talk to each other. I have never seen or heard about this before.

What about you guys?

Melchiah

That was probably me:)

Gear will definitely drop at the end, with RNG, just like crucible matches. What's unknown is whether it will have light 0 and have to be infused or if it will drop with light levels appropriate for your current level. And if the latter then what light level it will be capped at, 385, 390 or 400.

Actually thinking about it, matching the light of the drop to your current level will be annoying for old players. They'll want to equip their existing SRL gear which means they'll only be 200 lightish.

ToC will almost certainly work unless they deliberately code it out. I doubt that at this stage but they do weird stuff (e.g. rift IB).

Thanks. Hopefully TOC will work there. I'll probably do some strikes and Taken encounters to increase the odds.

Actually, I might have forsaken the idea of reaching 400, but I just got a 400 primary and special weapon exotics from blue engrams this week, so there's only the boots left. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it's the hardest to get gear.

Ganhyun

Last night, My friend and I was in a fireteam together just us two. We matchmake into iron banner and we are both put on different teams and can talk to each other. I have never seen or heard about this before.

What about you guys?

I've had it happen before on XB1. We were a team of three and got tossed in with a team of 4 and another team of 4. I was on one team of 5 and they were on the other team for a total of 6.

Yeah, fire team splitting has happened to me once on XB1. 99.9999% of the other games were fine.

Just got mercy ruled in what felt like 2 minutes by a fire team of 6 when solo-queueing. ouch.

darthbob

Well here's the BWU: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45540/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---12082016

Titan armor looking straight sexy.
12082016_titan_dawning_hi-res.jpg

also these other classes

12082016_hunter_dawning.jpg

12082016_warlock_dawning.jpg

Patch Notes Preview

Fixed an issue where some players did not receive the Student of History Trophy/Achievement or Sigil of the Young Wolf Emblem for attuning all of the Rise of Iron Artifacts

The completionist among you will be happy to hear that we have fixed the issue keeping you from your final Trophy/Achievement in Rise of Iron. If you haven’t already attuned all of the ROI Artifacts, now is the perfect chance to go do it as you will also get the Sigil of the Young Wolf Emblem.

Skeleton Keys have been adjusted:
Skeleton Keys drop rates have been slightly increased in the SIVA Crisis playlist, SIVA Crisis Heroic playlist, and weekly Nightfall
Players will now receive a Skeleton Key for their first account Nightfall clear per week

Everyone has been on the hunt for Skeleton Keys to get their hands on that sweet Strike specific loot. We’re increasing your chances to see them drop and guaranteeing you 1 per account for your first Nightfall clear every week.

Characters who are level 40 will now automatically convert Uncommon Engrams(Green) to Weapon and Armor Materials on pickup

If you haven’t already heard, we’re going to save you some time by automatically converting Uncommon Engrams to materials. Once you are level 40, you don’t have much use for Greens. We’re going to go ahead and dismantle them on pickup for you after you reach max level.

Brother Vance now offers materials exchange for Passage Coins and Motes of Light

A lot of Guardians have found themselves short on Passage Coins when Trials of Osiris goes live. Brother Vance will now offer them in exchange for Motes of Light.

Legendary Weapons obtained from the Gunsmith's Rank 2 Quest can now be repurchased from the Gunsmith

The Gunsmith will now be very popular with Guardians who dismantled their Stillpiercer, Immobius, or Susanoo. You can repurchase these weapons from him for Legendary Marks.

Mindlog

The green engram situation is amusing.

My boss has 1,200 so we're going to reduce the amount of materials...
Players are complaining about the lack of materials so they're now available for sale!
Players are still having trouble getting some materials. Drops are back!
Turns out the dops are tedious. So now they automatically convert on pickup!

Why not just return to the old disassembly values and...

SHUTUP

Passage coins no longer available from...
You can now buy passage coins!

I want to play some SRL. Don't really care about the loot just want break some records. That armor is different. None of my 400 LL characters are outfitted in full ornamented gear and probably never will be.

Top Bottom