• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

So just went 1 win 8 losses in Iron Banner. 10th match I decide to hang back and do nothing since Rift is still decided by points, not caps necessarily. We win. Is hiding away the real secret strat to winning in Iron Banner when you're undergeared?

Second most satisfying kind of snipe behind self res snipes

3oz8xDfjed3tSqYd4k.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It begins. Bungie must be a huge fan of Bugs Bunny.

Is it black shield day or something. Yesterday was pantheon day.

God I hate this game...8k lead to lose it by 500 in the end. Thank god I got that blue rocket launcher...

And then not one 3oC paying off makes it even worse.

Edit:

Finally got an Exotic Engram. And its boots. On my warlock. I have never been so excited.

Melchiah

I use the jade rabbit with my titan. It's such a fun gun to use. Tlaloc on a sunsinger built is just ridicolous fun. Im considering to infuse one of the IB HC to either the Tlaloc or the jade rabbit (have one at 399 and another at 400 from the rank up packages).
Decisions...

It seems like I really should try Tlaloc with the Sunsinger. The thing is, I'd need to get the equivalent of Dunemarchers for the class, as it feels painfully clunky now in comparison to Titan, and Hunter with Fr0st-EE5. I'm not having high hopes for getting it now though, after 202 hours of active time played with the class and never being granted one so far.

I have the Zen Meteor, too, but I dismantled it after using it a couple of times. I do the same with most exotics.

I alway keep an upgraded Bad Juju for Challenge of the Elders, but it doesn't get much use beyond that. I was using the Jade Rabbit for the same reason, but I've since switched to the Lethe Noblesse, and more currently, The Wounded.

Lethe Noblesse is such a great scout.

A friend of mine likes to use Bad Juju in the strikes we've played. I guess I should try it at some point as well. Does its special perk make it particularly useful in CoE?

How Lethe Noblesse and The Wounded compare to Keystone 01 and Hung Jury? I've been using the former exclusively, excluding Arc Burn strikes.

BLCKATK

Good games tonight! Haven't steamed rolled like that since the first Iron Banner Rift last year.

You guys feel like we felt the matchmaking changes tonight? I'm really surprised by the amount of teams that left, why weren't we matched up against more full groups? Who knows.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We've gotten full teams here and there. But you have to realize the population is very low right now. Getting full teams is an anomaly. Most are playing other games. Boy band simulator and I have a giant ass dog as a pet.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone. That 15 win streak. And seven of them were no mercies, three in a row at one time.

62asxDi.png

I want to do some trials some time and then do some more IB throughout the weekend.

And a distant star with hammer forged, full auto/HCR, firefly/zen moment dropped for me.

FyreWulff

We've gotten full teams here and there. But you have to realize the population is very low right now. Getting full teams is an anomaly. Most are playing other games. Boy band simulator and I have a giant ass dog as a pet.

Meanwhile we're trying to make it to Rock Band Mercury over in the Rock Band thread

CzTqdYJVIAAKocv.jpg:large

We're in that second to top tier, trying to take a spot from 9 other bands from the 45 in this tier..

fuck

I just realized I have the Chaperone quest in my stack with step one (Last Word kills) up to 70%. Is it worth finishing? Is Chaperone any good in year 3? Step one is the hardest part anyway, right?

Chaperone is a fun gun. You will probably be able to cheese it out in SRL-- just race with TLW equipped-- you'll likely win more than you die.

It seems like I really should try Tlaloc with the Sunsinger. [...] I'm not having high hopes for getting it now though, after 202 hours of active time played with the class and never being granted one so far.

Tlaloc is from the gunsmith, it isn't a random drop. Or did you mean warlock exotic boots like Dunemarchers? Because those don't exist.

Does [Bad Juju's] special perk make it particularly useful in CoE?

It is a great fun anytime you want to use your super a lot.

CREMSteve

I hope they ditch engrams altogether in D2. When something drops, just let me see what it is and use it right away. It was like that in the original Destiny reveal and it seems so much more satisfying.

Melchiah

Tlaloc is from the gunsmith, it isn't a random drop. Or did you mean warlock exotic boots like Dunemarchers? Because those don't exist.

It is a great fun anytime you want to use your super a lot.

I have Tlaloc in my vault. I meant the exotic boots, the Transversive Steps;
https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=2275132880&itemname=Transversive Steps
Strange Angles
Gain faster movement speed while crouching. Picking up ammo automatically reloads the weapon matching that ammo's type.
I thought they were pretty much the same as Dunemarchers, but I was mistaken.

I just raised Bad Juju's level to 399, when I got an exotic primary from soloing CoE. =)

I thought they were pretty much the same as Dunemarchers, but I was mistaken.

Yeah. The crouching thing is weird. Good in select places. The reloading perk and generic heavy ammo perk are really great. Have used them most times I raid with my warlock, but would happily use many other warlock exotics if I didn't have them.

Melchiah

Yeah. The crouching thing is weird. Good in select places. The reloading perk and generic heavy ammo perk are really great. Have used them most times I raid with my warlock, but would happily use many other warlock exotics if I didn't have them.

Yeah, I'll rather stick with Starfire Protocol. It's a shame though, that you can't make the Warlocks less clunky, like the other classes. Oh well, hopefully that changes with Destiny 2. ;)

Mindwipe

Would anyone be willing to help me finish Fear's Embrace quickly for the quest before it gets removed next week? Just hard to handle that many ads solo.

Chaperone is a fun gun. You will probably be able to cheese it out in SRL-- just race with TLW equipped-- you'll likely win more than you die.

If you have no shame, you can cheese it now in private matches. You need one other player, go into a team vs team match with the two of you on opposite teams and when the match starts have that person leave the fireteam (or go to orbit, forget which). You get 3% progress for the win (same as not dying in SRL).

MechDX

I hope they ditch engrams altogether in D2. When something drops, just let me see what it is and use it right away. It was like that in the original Destiny reveal and it seems so much more satisfying.

Make it like PSO on the Dreamcast. Pick it up and let it be un-decrypted but if your class can use it let you equip it and visually see what it is.

CREMSteve

If I switch factions while I have the exotic class item quest active, will I lose the quest completely or can I come back to it if I switch back to dead orbit later?

If I switch factions while I have the exotic class item quest active, will I lose the quest completely or can I come back to it if I switch back to dead orbit later?

You can safely switch, the quest doesn't go anywhere and you can complete it while pledged to a different faction. I recommend that you run a strike and make sure you have the right class item to complete the quest before you switch, some of the new class items are bugged.

CREMSteve

You can safely switch, the quest doesn't go anywhere and you can complete it while pledged to a different faction. I recommend that you run a strike and make sure you have the right class item to complete the quest before you switch, some of the new class items are bugged.
Yeah that's why I want to switch, I activated the quest months ago and none of the class items I had or have gotten since have worked, so I'd rather spend my time working on another faction for the time being until they fix it.

CREMSteve

Hawkian, seeing you with that Hammer last night made me want it. Sony sent me a 20% off coupon in the mail today, so I picked up Last Guardian and got the Destiny digital upgrade package for free. Hammer time!

Kluster

Neo Member
Hey guys, anybody available to do trials for fun ? We need just one , we are looking to do bounties, if lighthouse happens well good stuff :D . We are one warlock 387 and I can be either warlock or hunter at at 395ish (depends on the weapon I choose to use :D )

Top Bottom